• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Konstantinos Tsimikas (LB) Olympiacos

What will Konst....Tsminin.....Kostina....Simi...the lad be leaning on?

• The Lovren Money. So that’s where it went, John.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Four fuck off shiny cups.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Nothing. Social Distance, and that. Responsible lad.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Table. Pen. Contract he hasn’t read. The usual

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Andy Robertson. Respectfully, and fully aware of his place.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Twitter fume about something or other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • The resignation that everyone in Liverpool is just going to call him Zorbo.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Jamal Lewis‘ shattered dreams.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • The Wok that Jamal Lewis used to beat Delia with

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I thought the question invited posters to give their guesses, which is what mine is? Nothing more than that.

We signed Juanma after I said we were bringing in a full back. What was unreliable about that?
We all thought we will get a first choice LB. :sneaky:
Also, I am not going to let it go. Once every few years, I am going to haunt you on this. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::p

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
How long away from being announced do you guys think we are away? A day or two?
I wouldnt be surprised if it was today or tomorrow at the latest He reportedly flew in yesterday for his medical this week, and i would imagine the club would be eager to stop anyone from stepping in at the last minute to sign him, so the sooner they can get the medical done and tick off any medical/insurance concerns the sooner the deal gets completed.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
You're going to haunt me by constantly referring to something I was right about?

Not sure that's quite the taunt you think it is.
Well, I can always tell you about transfer window timeline. Or about buy back clause vs first refusal. Have enough ammunition to piss you off. :p

jackh1092

Everything i've read has been largely positive on him, has anyone found someone with negatives? Just to get a more balanced perspective lol.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Well, I can always tell you about transfer window timeline. Or about buy back clause vs first refusal. Have enough ammunition to piss you off. :p
Telegraphing your intention to continue deliberately baiting another poster is probably not the most sensible course of action.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
I thought Lewis looked ok in the game I saw, but this makes more sense to me in terms of player type. I've only watched this guy vs Wolves, but to me he looked like a better footballer. That could be optics - him being fairly small and agile, while Lewis looked more gangly with a slightly odd running style - but he generally looked better on the ball. Very tidy.

Hardly a big sample size, just first impression of both players. But I thought Tsimikas was more eye-catching, and more in line with the type of full back I'd expect us to sign. Lewis looked more like a project, while this guy should be able to slot in quite naturally.

iftikhar

Wonder if he speaks English?

How many different first languages will we now have in the squad? United Nations here we come!
Not too many, actually. French, Portuguese, Arabic, Dutch, English, Japanese, plus some indigenous languages.

jackh1092

The Greeks are lazy and bad professionals.

Allegedly.
Lol Allegedly.

Funnily enough i listened to a thing on him last night + the guy said, one of the question marks on him is the league and how slow the intensity can be over there....but then he went on to say, he always stands out in the games as he plays as such a high intensity to others...

A hard working Greek? Who knew. lol.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I thought Lewis looked ok in the game I saw, but this makes more sense to me in terms of player type. I've only watched this guy vs Wolves, but to me he looked like a better footballer. That could be optics - him being fairly small and agile, while Lewis looked more gangly with a slightly odd running style - but he generally looked better on the ball. Very tidy.

Hardly a big sample size, just first impression of both players. But I thought Tsimikas was more eye-catching, and more in line with the type of full back I'd expect us to sign. Lewis looked more like a project, while this guy should be able to slot in quite naturally.
There is a transition though. From Greek League to EPL.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I reject the original (bigoted) contention entirely.
The Greeks are lazy and bad professionals.

Allegedly.
I see that my comments about Greek players caused some furore.
First, I am Greek myself.
Second, quite clearly I wasn't referring to Greeks in general but a particular group of players and I stand by these comments. Greece generally doesn't produce high-class footballers and I am not saying this because I am bigoted or biased or whatever.
Third, when it comes to Tsimikas specifically I said that he may be different and that he appears more serious and professional.

Lastly, as apparently it's only a matter of time before Tsimikas is officially a Liverpool player, I can only wish him good luck. I do think that adapting physically and mentally to the PL will be difficult for him, especially in the long run, but I also hope that he exceeds expectations and proves himself at the greatest club in the world.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
There is a transition though. From Greek League to EPL.
Definitely, and most likely there's also a step up in training intensity, which I think can be at least as demanding as most of the PL games. But he's used to playing in a team that plays quick, technical football. And what he'll be asked to do for Liverpool don't seem to be all that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.