• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Konstantinos Tsimikas (LB) Olympiacos

What will Konst....Tsminin.....Kostina....Simi...the lad be leaning on?

• The Lovren Money. So that’s where it went, John.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Four fuck off shiny cups.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Nothing. Social Distance, and that. Responsible lad.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Table. Pen. Contract he hasn’t read. The usual

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Andy Robertson. Respectfully, and fully aware of his place.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Twitter fume about something or other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • The resignation that everyone in Liverpool is just going to call him Zorbo.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Jamal Lewis‘ shattered dreams.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • The Wok that Jamal Lewis used to beat Delia with

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I see that my comments about Greek players caused some furore.
First, I am Greek myself.
Second, quite clearly I wasn't referring to Greeks in general but a particular group of players and I stand by these comments. Greece generally doesn't produce high-class footballers and I am not saying this because I am bigoted or biased or whatever.
Third, when it comes to Tsimikas specifically I said that he may be different and that he appears more serious and professional.

Lastly, as apparently it's only a matter of time before Tsimikas is officially a Liverpool player, I can only wish him good luck. I do think that adapting physically and mentally to the PL will be difficult for him, especially in the long run, but I also hope that he exceeds expectations and proves himself at the greatest club in the world.
I don't remember Kyrgiakos causing any concern about his working ethic or his commitment?

That said, I think also that he'll have an adaptation time. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him on the bench most of times until early next year at least. That was the treatment Robbo was given, and it worked a treat.

MinniMo

Well, it had to be done didn't it. This was our last season 1st team. Now plus Greek.

Manager: Jurgen Klopp - German

Goalkeepers

1. Alisson - Portugese
13. Adrian - Spanish
62. Caoimhin Kelleher - Irish?
73. Kamil Grabara - Polish
NA. Loris Karius - German

Defenders

4. Virgil van Dijk - Dutch
12. Joe Gomez - English
26. Andy Robertson - Umm, Scottish Gaelic?
32. Joel Matip - German
66. Trent Alexander-Arnold - Scouse
76. Neco Williams - Welsh

Midfielders

3. Fabinho - Portugese
5. Georginio Wijnaldum - Dutch
7. James Milner - English
8. Naby Keita - French
14. Jordan Henderson - Geordie
15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - English
16. Marko Grujic - Serbian
18. Curtis Jones - Scouse
58. Ben Woodburn - Welsh
59. Harry Wilson - English

Forwards

9. Roberto Firmino - Portugese
10. Sadio Mane - Wolof or French
11. Mohamed Salah - Arabic
18. Takumi Minamino - Japanese
23. Xherdan Shaqiri - French, German, Italian
24. Rhian Brewster - English
27. Divock Origi - Flemish Dutch
54. Sheyi Ojo - English
67. Harvey Elliott - English

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Well, it had to be done didn't it. This was our last season 1st team. Now plus Greek.

Manager: Jurgen Klopp - German

Goalkeepers

1. Alisson - Portugese
13. Adrian - Spanish
62. Caoimhin Kelleher - Irish?
73. Kamil Grabara - Polish
NA. Loris Karius - German

Defenders

4. Virgil van Dijk - Dutch
12. Joe Gomez - English
26. Andy Robertson - Umm, Scottish Gaelic?
32. Joel Matip - German
66. Trent Alexander-Arnold - Scouse
76. Neco Williams - Welsh

Midfielders

3. Fabinho - Portugese
5. Georginio Wijnaldum - Dutch
7. James Milner - English
8. Naby Keita - French
14. Jordan Henderson - Geordie
15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - English
16. Marko Grujic - Serbian
18. Curtis Jones - Scouse
58. Ben Woodburn - Welsh
59. Harry Wilson - English

Forwards

9. Roberto Firmino - Portugese
10. Sadio Mane - Wolof or French
11. Mohamed Salah - Arabic
18. Takumi Minamino - Japanese
23. Xherdan Shaqiri - French, German, Italian
24. Rhian Brewster - English
27. Divock Origi - Flemish Dutch
54. Sheyi Ojo - English
67. Harvey Elliott - English
Henderson, Geordie?!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Harry Wilson is Welsh not English but not sure any of our 3 Welsh lads speak the language. And am I missing something? Thought the whole point was to add the Greek lad and hes not on the list.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I don't remember Kyrgiakos causing any concern about his working ethic or his commitment?

That said, I think also that he'll have an adaptation time. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him on the bench most of times until early next year at least. That was the treatment Robbo was given, and it worked a treat.
Kyrgiakos would run through brick walls. Partly due to his "warrior" attitude, partly due to him using his physical stature to make up for his limited ability.

Tsimikas is in for a shock I think. In the last couple of seasons he has played a grand total of 35 games in a league that offered very little competition. Now he's moved to a league which is the polar opposite, at a club where standards are sky high. It's a good thing that he's only meant to be Robertson's back up because he has never experienced anything similar to what the PL has to offer. If and when he gets through that, he should provide decent competition to Robertson though. He certainly seems to have the necessary skillset.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Kyrgiakos would run through brick walls. Partly due to his "warrior" attitude, partly due to him using his physical stature to make up for his limited ability.

Tsimikas is in for a shock I think. In the last couple of seasons he has played a grand total of 35 games in a league that offered very little competition. Now he's moved to a league which is the polar opposite, at a club where standards are sky high. It's a good thing that he's only meant to be Robertson's back up because he has never experienced anything similar to what the PL has to offer. If and when he gets through that, he should provide decent competition to Robertson though. He certainly seems to have the necessary skillset.
I loved Kyrgiakos. A real cult hero. Remember when he did Fellaini in the derby? Two footed straight in the nuts. Worth the sending off and we still won anyway.

As for this lad, never heard of him and know fuck all about him and neither does anyone else. What I do know is that just about every player we've bought under JK has at least made a meaningful contribution so I'm completely relaxed about this and every other signing we now make. I will just wait for JK to work his magic on him.

Noo Noo

I live in Nottingham and i'm often ridiculed for my "farmers" Yorkshire accent,i tell them i'm telling my mummy,they ask if she's a fucking farmer as well,i walk off crying.
A key factor here is the historical background to the suppression of the Welsh language to the point where taking the piss became acceptable.

It was not a great period for both the English and Welsh when that stuff was prevalent. The Welsh language is likely to never fully recover from it but there were also wider political issues that were pretty much born from that same attitude. To a degree that still exists today. It kind of peaked as recently as 1965 I guess but even now there's little things here and there which really do push limits.

Apologies for drifting the thread off topic.

Is there a lean yet?

Alright Now

I loved Kyrgiakos. A real cult hero. Remember when he did Fellaini in the derby? Two footed straight in the nuts. Worth the sending off and we still won anyway.

As for this lad, never heard of him and know fuck all about him and neither does anyone else. What I do know is that just about every player we've bought under JK has at least made a meaningful contribution so I'm completely relaxed about this and every other signing we now make. I will just wait for JK to work his magic on him.
This is why I love @Billy Biskix. He brings honesty to a forum of charlatans.

Red Armada

TIA Regular

Ah yes that was beautiful. He did provide some nice memories from a dark period. And unlike the Jovanoviches and Coles of that time he always gave his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.