• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Kylian Mbappé (FW) PSG

What will Mbappe be leaning on?

• The number 6, which he cheekily turns upside down into a 9, waggling his eyebrows

• Mikey Edward's elephant-sized cock

• Piled up lifesized cutouts of Benteke, Carroll, Jovanovic, and Voronin

• Maria's tea set

• ISMF's ego for starting this thread

• A simple conference table, because he has fully accepted being a humble part of the red machine

• The burnt-out remains of the redcafe server

• None of the above coz he ain't fookin comin', man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flobs

FADA
Some of this is coming out of France.

He left because he felt he needed his own side to get the appreciations and personal accolades he was chasing. He then watched at PSG Mbappe do to him what he should have tried to do at Barca...just put his head down and play sufficiently well that he organically became the go to player for the side. Given that up to now the move to PSG hasn't had the impact on his personal status (amazingly, he has played only one game in the CL knock out stages for them) then it's reasonable he'd question the move. That is allegedly what is going on there now.

Of course, they other alternative is for PSG to double down on Neymar which means getting rid of Mbappe and Cavanni. We can help them with 50% of that. We could maybe even give them Grujic on a 12 month loan to help them out in midfield.
He reportedly had injuries and stuff. I suppose the stuff was big and little sulks.

Limiescouse

Club are very proactive in making it clear we're not interested in players we've been linked to. Firpo, Pepe, Fekir.

Nothing on Mbappe though...
I'm going to have to check my garage when I get home to make sure my boots are where I left them as Im pretty sure they are going to make me an offer at some point this week.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I'm going to have to check my garage when I get home to make sure my boots are where I left them as Im pretty sure they are going to make me an offer at some point this week.
#LFC call info they've had talks with TIA over Limiescouse "total bullshit." No meetings/discussions of any sort have taken place. Michael Edwards personally got in touch with TIA admin @ubermick earlier this week to say there's "zero interest in the old bastard"

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
#LFC call info they've had talks with TIA over Limiescouse "total bullshit." No meetings/discussions of any sort have taken place. Michael Edwards personally got in touch with TIA admin @ubermick earlier this week to say there's "zero interest in the old bastard"
If we sign Limiescouse that’s me done with this club.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Studge is going to PSG?:think:
Actually wouldn't be a bad or crazy move. Wouldn't play much, a lot of it would be lesser competition, he's still got quality if you can hand the ball to him on a plate near the opposition box (which PSG wouldn't have much problem doing in most of their domestic games), his quality/experience could come in handy in couple of tricky CL games from the bench and they really wouldn't blink at the kind of wages he'd probably request. For all their star players they sometimes have some real rubbish filling out their squad. Choupo-Moting?

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
It's a crazy idea. But... the numbers work and I can't shake the idea we'd be crazy not to strengthen in a summer where we're poised to really push on and win the league, and we know under the current structure we aren't crazy. Which leads me to think something huge is in the works, which leads me to the vague whispers of Mbappe, the social media stuff (blech), Sturridge, the fact we know Klopp is interested and has spoken to him on at least one probably two occasions in the past...

Maybe it could happen. Maybe.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
It's a crazy idea. But... the numbers work and I can't shake the idea we'd be crazy not to strengthen in a summer where we're poised to really push on and win the league, and we know under the current structure we aren't crazy. Which leads me to think something huge is in the works, which leads me to the vague whispers of Mbappe, the social media stuff (blech), Sturridge, the fact we know Klopp is interested and has spoken to him on at least one probably two occasions in the past...

Caution ZB

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin

It won't happen, because of a few simple points:
  • we can't compete with PSG when it comes to wages
  • even if that was the case, Klopp, being the prudent Schwarzwälder he is, wouldn't want to break up the current wage structure at the club. That means that Mbappe, if he wanted to come to LFC, would need to accept a cut in his wages. Can you see this happening?
  • LFC have never been the club to make this kind of mega-transfer, and I'd be stunned if we suddenly started to do this kind of things. That's clearly Real Madrid territory, and that's where he'll eventually end up, especially if Zidane stays over there for the next years.
Sorry for destroying your sweet dream, mate... ;-)