• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Kylian Mbappé (FW) PSG

What will Mbappe be leaning on?

• The number 6, which he cheekily turns upside down into a 9, waggling his eyebrows

• Mikey Edward's elephant-sized cock

• Piled up lifesized cutouts of Benteke, Carroll, Jovanovic, and Voronin

• Maria's tea set

• ISMF's ego for starting this thread

• A simple conference table, because he has fully accepted being a humble part of the red machine

• The burnt-out remains of the redcafe server

• None of the above coz he ain't fookin comin', man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
It won't happen, because of a few simple points:
  • we can't compete with PSG when it comes to wages
  • even if that was the case, Klopp, being the prudent Schwarzwälder he is, wouldn't want to break up the current wage structure at the club. That means that Mbappe, if he wanted to come to LFC, would need to accept a cut in his wages. Can you see this happening?
  • LFC have never been the club to make this kind of mega-transfer, and I'd be stunned if we suddenly started to do this kind of things. That's clearly Real Madrid territory, and that's where he'll eventually end up, especially if Zidane stays over there for the next years.
Sorry for destroying your sweet dream, mate... ;-)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
  • even if that was the case, Klopp, being the prudent Schwarzwälder he is, wouldn't want to break up the current wage structure at the club. That means that Mbappe, if he wanted to come to LFC, would need to accept a cut in his wages. Can you see this happening?
  • LFC have never been the club to make this kind of mega-transfer, and I'd be stunned if we suddenly started to do this kind of things. That's clearly Real Madrid territory, and that's where he'll eventually end up, especially if Zidane stays over there for the next years.
1; If he leaves PSG it's because of sporting reasons so how much PSG are willing to pay is immaterial. A bit like the answer to why every top player isn't playing in China or middle East where the best money is. Money matters but so does money from sponsorship and such that relies on recognition.

2; Matip is an example where, as a free signing, we would have had to pay him outside of our pay structure. But we paid him "wages" within our pay structure and a signing bonus spread over the length of his contract. No reason why that can't happen. Other possible solution is PSG pay Mbappe x and sponsors pay Mbappe y. If we pay less as x but what sponsors pay as y dramatically increases due to the move Mbappe may be on the same or more but playing for a better side (seemingly his opinion) and in a better, more competitive league.

3; Klopp went and smashed the record for the defender that best fit our needs. Klopp then went and (briefly) smashed the record for the keeper that best fit our needs. So he could do it.

Don't dare kill my dream haha.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Just ignore him @Zinedine Biscan, he’s just got the shits up because his man crush will get even less game time

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Surely the Joyce mischief, the LeBron stuff, the Sturridge-Mbappe bromance etc etc is a good indication that we're not in for him. It's pretty much the opposite of our current MO.

Strange though that PSG are not seemingly more angry about that stuff. So it's either that we're not interested at all and PSG are totally cool with our players and shareholders chumming up with him OR the reason neither PSG or Liverpool are concerned about such 'playful', casual attempts to interact with Mbappe etc is that the two clubs have already agreed a deal so there's no harm.

Weird one though really - because whilst I don't think we'd pay the price for Mbappe that he'd almost certainly cost (including wages) it is odd that both clubs seem fairly relaxed about the growing rumours and interactions with the player.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Surely the Joyce mischief, the LeBron stuff, the Sturridge-Mbappe bromance etc etc is a good indication that we're not in for him. It's pretty much the opposite of our current MO.

Strange though that PSG are not seemingly more angry about that stuff. So it's either that we're not interested at all and PSG are totally cool with our players and shareholders chumming up with him OR the reason neither PSG or Liverpool are concerned about such 'playful', casual attempts to interact with Mbappe etc is that the two clubs have already agreed a deal so there's no harm.

Weird one though really - because whilst I don't think we'd pay the price for Mbappe that he'd almost certainly cost (including wages) it is odd that both clubs seem fairly relaxed about the growing rumours and interactions with the player.
We also don't have a player with a release clause they can activate to retaliate! Aka Verattigate..

Limiescouse

It's a crazy idea. But... the numbers work and I can't shake the idea we'd be crazy not to strengthen in a summer where we're poised to really push on and win the league, and we know under the current structure we aren't crazy. Which leads me to think something huge is in the works, which leads me to the vague whispers of Mbappe, the social media stuff (blech), Sturridge, the fact we know Klopp is interested and has spoken to him on at least one probably two occasions in the past...

Maybe it could happen. Maybe.
What if we have money and have targets we could land this year, but decide to put a hold on everything because Mbappe has let it be known that he would make himself available next summer. If we make moves now there wont be room or money to make that deal next year so we decide to go with what we have this year.

Given where we are as a side and what our expectations are for next season, is that an acceptable trade off?

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
What if we have money and have targets we could land this year, but decide to put a hold on everything because Mbappe has let it be known that he would make himself available next summer. If we make moves now there wont be room or money to make that deal next year so we decide to go with what we have this year.

Given where we are as a side and what our expectations are for next season, is that an acceptable trade off?
Yeah, I would say so. A Keita-type deal where we buy him now with a view to moving in 12 months would be nice though :tongue:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Like a £20mil down payment fee?

Slight possibility of versatile forward/wide-man, but likely to be around £20m mark or less
Maddock's already preparing his "I'm really sorry guys, I inadvertently missed off a zero, I meant £200m mark or less" tweet

Happily hold off spending loads this window if it meant getting Mbappe next summer - providing it's sown up contractually, not interested in any vague promises to do so.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
A cheeky Mbappe signing would be AMAZING for the banter with everyone else. Can you imagine it?

Oh man, I'm laughing myself silly thinking about what would happen at the other sites if that happened. Most likely won't- but man. So much fun to dream ain't it?
My united work colleague has said if we sign Mbappe then he's 'done with football'. lol

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
He's on the front page of Marca today,story inside says he's told PSG he's not signing another contract with them and that his future lies away from the club.Marca also say he's not motivated by money,being highly paid already and cares more about winning trophies and awards.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
My mate who works at I tunes says that only this afternoon George the Anfield announcer has downloaded that Hanson song. Set up an account and paid 99p specifically just to do that. If this is not a sign my friends then nothing is. He’s coming. He’s definitely coming..

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
My mate has a mate who has a mate whose sister is an estate agent in Formby and says they took a call this morning nex from an African/French sounding older bloke, international mobile number, who looking for a big house either to rent or buy ready for August, must be secure, ideally gated and absolutely must be ready to move in next month. Money no object as long as it is secure, not overlooked, and away from other houses. Ideally furnished as well but he stressed speed and security not money are the issue. Read into that what you will.

Last edited: