• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Kylian Mbappé (FW) PSG

What will Mbappe be leaning on?

• The number 6, which he cheekily turns upside down into a 9, waggling his eyebrows

• Mikey Edward's elephant-sized cock

• Piled up lifesized cutouts of Benteke, Carroll, Jovanovic, and Voronin

• Maria's tea set

• ISMF's ego for starting this thread

• A simple conference table, because he has fully accepted being a humble part of the red machine

• The burnt-out remains of the redcafe server

• None of the above coz he ain't fookin comin', man

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoolSince70

Salah, Mane, Mbappe as our front three men?! Our opponents' defender will find their legs suddenly very shaky....

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
Mane on the left, Mbappe up top, Mo on the right and Bobby as second striker with Fabinho and Hendo as double pivot.
Assuming second striker means the '10' in a 4-2-3-1... It would be beautiful. AOC, Keita, and to a lesser extent, Lallana can play there. They all have great work rate so it will work.

Don't care how stupid or nonsense these links are, I'm happy that all it takes is the smallest smidgen of hope to sustain me for the off-season until the season starts and lets me fantasize a little more...

Jaytinho

Assuming second striker means the '10' in a 4-2-3-1... It would be beautiful. AOC, Keita, and to a lesser extent, Lallana can play there. They all have great work rate so it will work.

Don't care how stupid or nonsense these links are, I'm happy that all it takes is the smallest smidgen of hope to sustain me for the off-season until the season starts and lets me fantasize a little more...
One can dream...

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Just saw Mbappé at the final whistle of the Women's World Cup, he was giving what I would consider, polite applause to the winners, so I assume he was supporting the Netherlands, which means he supports Virgil, Gini, Hoever, and van den Berg, and that means he is signing with Liverpool.

coldbeatle89

Just saw Mbappé at the final whistle of the Women's World Cup, he was giving what I would consider, polite applause to the winners, so I assume he was supporting the Netherlands, which means he supports Virgil, Gini, Hoever, and van den Berg, and that means he is signing with Liverpool.
This should be a tier 1 confirmation right here. The lean is incoming for certain.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
But with our owners being American, it could be that he was happy for his future employers to be WC champions but didn't want to be disrespectful to the Dutch knowing that he would soon be teaming up with VVD, Gini, Hoever and VDB

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
But with our owners being American, it could be that he was happy for his future employers to be WC champions but didn't want to be disrespectful to the Dutch knowing that he would soon be teaming up with VVD, Gini, Hoever and VDB
At this point it’s become blatantly obvious the poor kid is ready to sell his soul to join us.

Jurgen should stop making him prove how much he’s hurting to get here, and open the door for him.

It’s the only humane thing left to do.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
He's merely saying that he can't promise anything regarding the long-term future of the player. His short-term future is as clear as it gets: continue his development at PSG as the new and official star and number 1 in the team (Neymar is as good as gone, because his ego won't allow him to serve as a foil for Mbappé next season).

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
He's merely saying that he can't promise anything regarding the long-term future of the player. His short-term future is as clear as it gets: continue his development at PSG as the new and official star and number 1 in the team (Neymar is as good as gone, because his ego won't allow him to serve as a foil for Mbappé next season).
Grasping at straws,but dreams are free.
And that is all it is likely to be,unfortunately!

Noo Noo

Looks like Neymar might be forcing his move. Can see them really looking to lose another key player.

Still you never know.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Looks like Neymar might be forcing his move. Can see them really looking to lose another key player.

Still you never know.
I dont think he is forcing it - PSG fell out with him last season and i think are quite happy to get him out. They are still under some FFP pressure from when they signed him and Mbappe, this should give them some additional wiggle room. the only issue is how much cash they get from the deal. Presumbly it will be a player plus cash one. You are right though, moving on Neymar rules out any deal for Mbappe for this summer.

Limiescouse

I dont think he is forcing it - PSG fell out with him last season and i think are quite happy to get him out. They are still under some FFP pressure from when they signed him and Mbappe, this should give them some additional wiggle room. the only issue is how much cash they get from the deal. Presumbly it will be a player plus cash one. You are right though, moving on Neymar rules out any deal for Mbappe for this summer.
I agree. This doesn't seem like Griezmann at Atletico, but more a case of a growing acceptance from both parties that this might be in everyone's interests. They have ended up with a cripplingly unbalanced squad and one that they think has a problem of a lack of professionalism and commitment. Leonardo has been tasked with addressing this and it seems moving on Neymar is the simplest solution to all of those problems.

Fowler's Left Peg

I wonder if Klopp will throw him straight in from the first game or will he be given the same phasing in treatment that was given to Robertson, Fabinho, Ox etc

Kopstar

★★★★★★
If PSG moved on Neymar they could conceivably bring in Dembélé and Eriksen and still have change left over.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
If PSG moved on Neymar they could conceivably bring in Dembélé and Eriksen and still have change left over.
I don't think anyone is paying close to what they spent on him. He's been on an extended vacation for two years (with some goals scored along the way), but I don't think anyone with the spending power to actually afford him will want to spend that kind of money for a selfish player who doesn't work very hard during the week.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I don't think anyone is paying close to what they spent on him. He's been on an extended vacation for two years (with some goals scored along the way), but I don't think anyone with the spending power to actually afford him will want to spend that kind of money for a selfish player who doesn't work very hard during the week.
Agree but that's why I mentioned Dembélé. If PSG valued Neymar at, say, £160m, I could see Barcelona valuing Dembélé at £100m. So, Dembélé plus £60m?

How much does Levy want for Eriksen? Is it around that?

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Agree but that's why I mentioned Dembélé. If PSG valued Neymar at, say, £160m, I could see Barcelona valuing Dembélé at £100m. So, Dembélé plus £60m?

How much does Levy want for Eriksen? Is it around that?
Levy???

Probably asking for 180 lol

But realistically he's ... (fill in your own appropriate adjective), and probably wants 80-100, which is why he'll be back with Spurs next season. Or a very late August move if someone is desperate.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Levy???

But realistically he's ... (fill in your own appropriate adjective), and probably wants 80-100, which is why he'll be back with Spurs next season. Or a very late August move if someone is desperate.
After some googling I saw the amount of £130m mentioned! lol

I should've known better.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Levy???

Tbh I can't see them letting such a key player go after our window has closed and thus leaving them unable to replace him. Might take a very big offer to make it worth letting him go and leave a gap in the team, versus letting him leave on a free in a year's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.