Kylian Mbappé (FW) PSG

What will Mbappe be leaning on?

• The number 6, which he cheekily turns upside down into a 9, waggling his eyebrows

• Mikey Edward's elephant-sized cock

• Piled up lifesized cutouts of Benteke, Carroll, Jovanovic, and Voronin

• Maria's tea set

• ISMF's ego for starting this thread

• A simple conference table, because he has fully accepted being a humble part of the red machine

• The burnt-out remains of the redcafe server

• None of the above coz he ain't fookin comin', man

• A big VAR screen, to freak out all Abu Dhabi fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Talk in the Dutch newspapers says Neymar definitely returns to Barcelona, no way PSG sells Mbappé too when that happens.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
My prediction is Neymar to Barca with Coutinho and Dembele to PSG so there is almost no actual cash trading hands. Then this summer or next summer Mbappe can leave to essentially balance the books/rebuild the rest of the side. Neymar and Mbappe is overkill for the French league. Coutinho and Dembele would be more than good enough to replace them whilst keeping them a good head and shoulders above all else in that league. It could be Griezmann instead of Dembele too, and it wouldn't be player swaps, it would all be separate deals. But Mbappe leaves for free summer 2022 so he gets sold summer 2021 at the latest unless he extends his deal. Only reason for doing that is money, from a sporting ambition and a legacy point of view he needs to move. And besides there are more ways to make money than just what a club pay you. He will never earn the kind of sponsorship and endorsement deal money in France that he can earn in the Premier League or playing for Barca/Real. Even if nobody else in Europe would come near to the income PSG are offering him his combined income from all sources can still match or potentially even end up higher elsewhere than his income whilst at PSG.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
My prediction is Neymar to Barca with Coutinho and Dembele to PSG so there is almost no actual cash trading hands. Then this summer or next summer Mbappe can leave to essentially balance the books/rebuild the rest of the side. Neymar and Mbappe is overkill for the French league. Coutinho and Dembele would be more than good enough to replace them whilst keeping them a good head and shoulders above all else in that league. It could be Griezmann instead of Dembele too, and it wouldn't be player swaps, it would all be separate deals. But Mbappe leaves for free summer 2022 so he gets sold summer 2021 at the latest unless he extends his deal. Only reason for doing that is money, from a sporting ambition and a legacy point of view he needs to move. And besides there are more ways to make money than just what a club pay you. He will never earn the kind of sponsorship and endorsement deal money in France that he can earn in the Premier League or playing for Barca/Real. Even if nobody else in Europe would come near to the income PSG are offering him his combined income from all sources can still match or potentially even end up higher elsewhere than his income whilst at PSG.
Think the keyword is legacy

If he wants to move into that very top echelon and genuinely take Messi’s spot as best in the world he needs to be winning the top trophies playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Think he moves next window, we would possibly be in the conversation but my gut says Real Madrid

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think the keyword is legacy

If he wants to move into that very top echelon and genuinely take Messi’s spot as best in the world he needs to be winning the top trophies playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Think he moves next window, we would possibly be in the conversation but my gut says Real Madrid
It probably will be Real Madrid but the main three things for arguing that I don't think stand up as well as people assume.

1st he wants to play there at some point in his career, but he could move somewhere else first, cement his legacy and status and still move there between 5 and 8 years time as a true Galactico in his prime. Not some young prodigy from a second rate league with potential to be one of the best in the world. How many top talents have gone there and not quite hit the right note from the off. His career could go the way of Bale or James or even Huntelaar etc. but he's younger and less established than those. The big signings that have worked for Real are the established ones a bit older that have done it already at other top teams Ronaldo x2, Figo, Zidane, Beckham etc. and Neymar fits that profile more than Mbappe.

2nd the lure of Zidane, this is Real Madrid theres no guarantee he will be playing for the same manager at the end of his first season (or any subsequent season) than he starts the season with. Even Zidane isn't a guarantee to be there long term. Theres already links to Juventus next year and talk that he may need to win CL or La Liga this year to continue managing there. Coronavirus might be a huge disruptor there and anything can happen.

3rd I just don't believe Real are as financially strong as they are made out to be. They make huge, massive money but they spend huge money in running costs too. They're nowhere near as smartly run as us for instance. During the great spending of the Galactico era they received a lot of back handed funding from the government to achieve that. The situation in Spain and with FFP mean that ain't happening at the moment. In recent years they've been beaten on deals by United over Pogba and us over Alisson signing the much cheaper (and worse) Courtois. But even if they do have mega bucks they need to make drastic changes throughout their side this summer. I don't think they are in the place to sink all (or majority) of their money on one target. I'm expecting maybe Pogba, a goalie, a couple of defenders (depending on Achraf Hakimi) and maybe a forward too. Maybe even more than that.

If everything goes on till Summer 2021 Mbappe will then be able to pick his club and PSG are pretty much going to be bent over a barrel and forced to accept the best bid possible from a club he is willing to move to. I think that's the game Real Madrid are playing, courting him publicly so he knows how much they value and want him in the hope that he turns to PSG and says he will only go there. Then Real will be able to negotiate a much more realistic £100 million style deal with 12 months left on his deal, PSG forced to accept it.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
From Sunday’s BBC gossip column:

Paris St-Germain and France striker Kylian Mbappe, 21, will see his value drop to 35-40m euros after the coronavirus pandemic. (AS)

Yeah, right.

1dragon

TIA Regular
My guess: Free transfer to Real or us in a years time, with a signing on fee of 30-50M.

[email protected]

Eh why? He's not out of contract until 2022 and as rich as PSG are they aren't that stupid.
I don't think it's all that implausible. I've said before that him leaving on a 'free' is increasingly likely thanks to the ridiculousness of his transfer fee. He's young enough, good enough and on a fantastic enough contract now that waiting for 2022 is not going to hurt his career one jot and will likely be more lucrative for him because he will probably get the largest signing on bonus in history.

Of course, someone may try and bid with a year left on his contract at a reduced price but PSG are never going to get anywhere close to their outlay even if they try and pull a Levy and copy what he tried with Eriksen.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I don't think it's all that implausible. I've said before that him leaving on a 'free' is increasingly likely thanks to the ridiculousness of his transfer fee. He's young enough, good enough and on a fantastic enough contract now that waiting for 2022 is not going to hurt his career one jot and will likely be more lucrative for him because he will probably get the largest signing on bonus in history.

Of course, someone may try and bid with a year left on his contract at a reduced price but PSG are never going to get anywhere close to their outlay even if they try and pull a Levy and copy what he tried with Eriksen.
Yeah but that still wouldn't be free in a years time. That would be free in 2 years time.

On Eriksen Levy was an idiot, demanding 70+ million scaring off anyone interested and 6 months later having to settle for £18m 6 months later. If he'd started the bidding at around £30/35m bidding clubs would have easily exceeded 40 and possibly even £50m. Do that early in the window and could have done some good work recruiting for other areas of the squad. He and the club just ended up looking greedy and stupid and probably cost Eriksen a move to Real or Barca.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Eh why? He's not out of contract until 2022 and as rich as PSG are they aren't that stupid.
Apologies, got the year wrong. But yeah, @[email protected] summarised my thoughts well.

Real is not stupid either and the COVID-19 situation is already hurting Spain hard. Bet they are already whispering in Mbappe's ear to wait for 2022 and be their next "Ronaldo" for the decade.

[email protected]

Yeah but that still wouldn't be free in a years time. That would be free in 2 years time.

On Eriksen Levy was an idiot, demanding 70+ million scaring off anyone interested and 6 months later having to settle for £18m 6 months later. If he'd started the bidding at around £30/35m bidding clubs would have easily exceeded 40 and possibly even £50m. Do that early in the window and could have done some good work recruiting for other areas of the squad. He and the club just ended up looking greedy and stupid and probably cost Eriksen a move to Real or Barca.
I did say 2022 in my post mate. At Mbappés age and talent level 2 years is not going to take anything away from how sought after he will be even if he does have a poor season in one of them. The only things that could curtail his career trajectory at this point is what happens with the coronavirus outbreak or serious injury.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Apologies, got the year wrong. But yeah, @[email protected] summarised my thoughts well.

Real is not stupid either and the COVID-19 situation is already hurting Spain hard. Bet they are already whispering in Mbappe's ear to wait for 2022 and be their next "Ronaldo" for the decade.
Genuine question. Can you please tell me what you mean when you say the situation is already hitting Spain hard.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Genuine question. Can you please tell me what you mean when you say the situation is already hitting Spain hard.
I am referring to the negative economic impact as a result of COVID-19. In the past, Real and Barca were able to get some form of "financial aid" from the government to fund their expenditure. Given how hard Spain has been hit by the pandemic, and the bleak economic outlook moving forward, I do not think this avenue would be available to the two Spanish giants. Likewise, club revenues have also taken a huge hit.

With all these in mind, I am of the view that Real would not seek to buy Mbappe for an inflated price, but instead, try to get him on a free.

richieh10

Barca are fooked financially.

they’re having to sell the naming rights to the camp Nou for 1 year to try and cover their asses because of Covid 19

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Barca are fooked financially.

they’re having to sell the naming rights to the camp Nou for 1 year to try and cover their asses because of Covid 19
They are giving the naming rights of their stadium to the Barcelona Foundation which will use the revenues generated from this in order to help support the fight against COVID19. It has nothing to do with their financial situation.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
They are giving the naming rights of their stadium to the Barcelona Foundation which will use the revenues generated from this in order to help support the fight against COVID19. It has nothing to do with their financial situation.
For a club that has been run in a pretty horrible way, i have to take my hat off to them over this.

I did laugh at someone's suggestion on twitter yesterday that Real Madrid should buy the rights.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
For a club that has been run in a pretty horrible way, i have to take my hat off to them over this.

I did laugh at someone's suggestion on twitter yesterday that Real Madrid should buy the rights.
I think we should and name it Trent's Corner of the Liverpool Champions League World..

ubermick

He's gone! HE'S GONE!!!!
Admin

Should be known that they did the exact same thing with shirt sponsorship. Barca had never had a shirt sponsor before, did Unicef for two years as a way to get people to think they weren't selling out, and then suddenly Unicef was replaced by the slightly less charitable Qatar Foundation. Which became Qatar Airways. Which became Rakuten.

I'll put a grand on that stadium revenue not being as charitable as people think within a year, two at the VERY most.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Should be known that they did the exact same thing with shirt sponsorship. Barca had never had a shirt sponsor before, did Unicef for two years as a way to get people to think they weren't selling out, and then suddenly Unicef was replaced by the slightly less charitable Qatar Foundation. Which became Qatar Airways. Which became Rakuten.

I'll put a grand on that stadium revenue not being as charitable as people think within a year, two at the VERY most.
Yeah, i immediately thought of the shirt sponsorship and how this might be the same plan - i still think it is a worthwhile thing in the meantime, especially given their current financial problems.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
So you're telling me.... there's a chance?
Just posting what the BBC put up. I think he does leave PSG at some point soon, its just where and for how much. Dunno if JH would fund a world transfer record. I think he would like to come to play for Klopp, yes. Immediately below this was also:

Pari St-Germain would "rather let Kylian Mbappe rot on the bench" than sell the 21-year-old France striker to Real Madrid

Red over the water

If Real Madrid is the preferred/presumed destination, and PSG really don’t want to deal with them, and have so much money they are willing to cut their nose off to spite their face over it, it is possible that we could get into the space between.

Klopp works his magic as a true leader of men, and as it happens, we’re not such a bad team either. Mbappe‘s dad likes what he hears and young Kylian does too.

It’s on again.

Oh, and Real Madrid will still be there when Mbappe is 27 or so.

vzok

If Real Madrid is the preferred/presumed destination, and PSG really don’t want to deal with them, and have so much money they are willing to cut their nose off to spite their face over it, it is possible that we could get into the space between.

Klopp works his magic as a true leader of men, and as it happens, we’re not such a bad team either. Mbappe‘s dad likes what he hears and young Kylian does too.

It’s on again.

Oh, and Real Madrid will still be there when Mbappe is 27 or so.
Yeah but we really won’t want to deal with them.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Still stand by these musings and don't believe a deal this summer or next is as fanciful as many believe. What Coronavirus will do to the sport and transfer fees is the great unknown at this stage. But that doesn't change PSG's position. Sell now and have some control over the price and destination. Or sell next year and accept whatever price club/clubs Mbappe will move to can afford. Lose him for free the summer after and look foolish and weak. If he was older things would be different but he will be 23 at the most when he leaves. Realistically PSG are going to have to sell and they can only sell him for what clubs (he would be willing to move to) can afford.

So lets look at what the situation is with Mbappe.

World famous mega star that is still really young.

Hasn't let the ego get to him, Klopp has used him and Trent as the examples for young players to look to when it comes to attitude and work ethic.

Currently one of the top 4 forwards on the planet with Messi (aging), Salah and Mane also being in that honoured list and only just turned 21.

Subject of a long term courtship by Real Madrid who almost certainly can't afford him at top value price and are seriously pissing PSG off with their activity.

Doesn't seem to be probable that he will stay at PSG long term and doesn't look like he will extend his contract with 2 years left this summer.

Real seem like they might be laying the groundwork for a reduced (but still expensive) deal in 2021 when he has 12 months left on his deal. If he is saying "Real or nobody" and entering the last year of his deal then PSG (even with their money) will need to accept whatever is offered.

PSG would probably prefer to sell this summer when at top value if they have to sell but there's very few teams that could even hope to do that (if any).

If you're Mbappe there is probably only between 2 and 5 clubs that are now worth moving to. And most of them have lots of disruptions with manager changes and such so is it worth moving yet?

In my fantasy head our stability appeals to the player and us not being Real appeals to PSG who would prefer to be a bit more realistic with us now than risk being fleeced by Real later or lose him for free at the age of 23.

I know money required will be astronomical but we have plenty, we're making plenty and not spending any of it. If Klopp wants to pay a fee of £150-200 million I legitimately believe we could if theres no other business. Especially with sales.

Looking at wages seems impossible at first but Nike have invested a lot with us, if what they pay Mbappe increases significantly because of him playing and marketing the LFC Nike gear then what LFC would need to pay him wouldn't be as high.

I may be away visiting a Faun in Narnia or flying to Never Never Land to be a pirate with these thoughts but so be it. Till something happens I'm grasping on to these fanciful notions and not letting go.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yeah but we really won’t want to deal with them.
Bit early to know what our relationship with Real Madrid will be like in 2027/2028/2029. Mbappe in his prime "Galactico" age is a long way off. Their manager could be someone like Alonso by then. They could be going through rough times, a sleeping giant situation, or we could (please Fowler above let us be strong for a long period once more). A few players could have gone back and forth between us by that stage as two powerhouse clubs of European football and we might have a good relationship with them at that point.