Kylian Mbappé (FW) PSG

What will Mbappe be leaning on?

• The number 6, which he cheekily turns upside down into a 9, waggling his eyebrows

• Mikey Edward's elephant-sized cock

• Piled up lifesized cutouts of Benteke, Carroll, Jovanovic, and Voronin

• Maria's tea set

• ISMF's ego for starting this thread

• A simple conference table, because he has fully accepted being a humble part of the red machine

• The burnt-out remains of the redcafe server

• None of the above coz he ain't fookin comin', man

• A big VAR screen, to freak out all Abu Dhabi fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Unless I missed something, I got your question/point? How do you ensure they are independent? It's two separate negotiations. One between club and player and one between player and Nike.

Would rather you did explain it now haha
It's often tripartite. That's how it's set up under the PL players' contract (paragraph 4 is a useful starting point). https://www.premierleague.com/publications The standard form PL players' contract can be found at p305 onwards of the PL Handbook.

The Club enters into an agreement with the Player regarding the Player's image rights (both those within the UK and (separately) those outside of it). The general rule is that it can account for 20% of a player's income but Mbappé would be an exceptional case allowing that % to be significantly exceeded.

How much those image rights are valued requires parallel considerations of the value of the Player's 3rd party endorsements. Hence with his main sponsors the contractual agreements regarding exploitation of the player's image are often a tripartite agreement between Club, Player and Sponsor. All perfectly legitimate.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
the
It's often tripartite. That's how it's set up under the PL players' contract (paragraph 4 is a useful starting point). https://www.premierleague.com/publications The standard form PL players' contract can be found at p305 onwards of the PL Handbook.

The Club enters into an agreement with the Player regarding the Player's image rights (both those within the UK and (separately) those outside of it). The general rule is that it can account for 20% of a player's income but Mbappé would be an exceptional case allowing that % to be significantly exceeded.

How much those image rights are valued requires parallel considerations of the value of the Player's 3rd party endorsements. Hence with his main sponsors the contractual agreements regarding exploitation of the player's image are often a tripartite agreement between Club, Player and Sponsor. All perfectly legitimate.
And it was this sort of low value, unhelpful, verbose and not in the slightest informative posting that got you into trouble previously. . Please remember to throw in a 'smash them their (sic) shit' occasionally to ensure that at least some of your posts are fully appreciated.

Edit: it appears emoticons don't show up on my post on phone - for the avoidance of misunderstanding, I am *joking* - it is great to have your input back here (especially on contract stuff). Pls keep it up (and try ignore any baiting/petty arguments).

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Talk in the Dutch newspapers says Neymar definitely returns to Barcelona, no way PSG sells Mbappé too when that happens.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
My prediction is Neymar to Barca with Coutinho and Dembele to PSG so there is almost no actual cash trading hands. Then this summer or next summer Mbappe can leave to essentially balance the books/rebuild the rest of the side. Neymar and Mbappe is overkill for the French league. Coutinho and Dembele would be more than good enough to replace them whilst keeping them a good head and shoulders above all else in that league. It could be Griezmann instead of Dembele too, and it wouldn't be player swaps, it would all be separate deals. But Mbappe leaves for free summer 2022 so he gets sold summer 2021 at the latest unless he extends his deal. Only reason for doing that is money, from a sporting ambition and a legacy point of view he needs to move. And besides there are more ways to make money than just what a club pay you. He will never earn the kind of sponsorship and endorsement deal money in France that he can earn in the Premier League or playing for Barca/Real. Even if nobody else in Europe would come near to the income PSG are offering him his combined income from all sources can still match or potentially even end up higher elsewhere than his income whilst at PSG.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
My prediction is Neymar to Barca with Coutinho and Dembele to PSG so there is almost no actual cash trading hands. Then this summer or next summer Mbappe can leave to essentially balance the books/rebuild the rest of the side. Neymar and Mbappe is overkill for the French league. Coutinho and Dembele would be more than good enough to replace them whilst keeping them a good head and shoulders above all else in that league. It could be Griezmann instead of Dembele too, and it wouldn't be player swaps, it would all be separate deals. But Mbappe leaves for free summer 2022 so he gets sold summer 2021 at the latest unless he extends his deal. Only reason for doing that is money, from a sporting ambition and a legacy point of view he needs to move. And besides there are more ways to make money than just what a club pay you. He will never earn the kind of sponsorship and endorsement deal money in France that he can earn in the Premier League or playing for Barca/Real. Even if nobody else in Europe would come near to the income PSG are offering him his combined income from all sources can still match or potentially even end up higher elsewhere than his income whilst at PSG.
Think the keyword is legacy

If he wants to move into that very top echelon and genuinely take Messi’s spot as best in the world he needs to be winning the top trophies playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Think he moves next window, we would possibly be in the conversation but my gut says Real Madrid

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think the keyword is legacy

If he wants to move into that very top echelon and genuinely take Messi’s spot as best in the world he needs to be winning the top trophies playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Think he moves next window, we would possibly be in the conversation but my gut says Real Madrid
It probably will be Real Madrid but the main three things for arguing that I don't think stand up as well as people assume.

1st he wants to play there at some point in his career, but he could move somewhere else first, cement his legacy and status and still move there between 5 and 8 years time as a true Galactico in his prime. Not some young prodigy from a second rate league with potential to be one of the best in the world. How many top talents have gone there and not quite hit the right note from the off. His career could go the way of Bale or James or even Huntelaar etc. but he's younger and less established than those. The big signings that have worked for Real are the established ones a bit older that have done it already at other top teams Ronaldo x2, Figo, Zidane, Beckham etc. and Neymar fits that profile more than Mbappe.

2nd the lure of Zidane, this is Real Madrid theres no guarantee he will be playing for the same manager at the end of his first season (or any subsequent season) than he starts the season with. Even Zidane isn't a guarantee to be there long term. Theres already links to Juventus next year and talk that he may need to win CL or La Liga this year to continue managing there. Coronavirus might be a huge disruptor there and anything can happen.

3rd I just don't believe Real are as financially strong as they are made out to be. They make huge, massive money but they spend huge money in running costs too. They're nowhere near as smartly run as us for instance. During the great spending of the Galactico era they received a lot of back handed funding from the government to achieve that. The situation in Spain and with FFP mean that ain't happening at the moment. In recent years they've been beaten on deals by United over Pogba and us over Alisson signing the much cheaper (and worse) Courtois. But even if they do have mega bucks they need to make drastic changes throughout their side this summer. I don't think they are in the place to sink all (or majority) of their money on one target. I'm expecting maybe Pogba, a goalie, a couple of defenders (depending on Achraf Hakimi) and maybe a forward too. Maybe even more than that.

If everything goes on till Summer 2021 Mbappe will then be able to pick his club and PSG are pretty much going to be bent over a barrel and forced to accept the best bid possible from a club he is willing to move to. I think that's the game Real Madrid are playing, courting him publicly so he knows how much they value and want him in the hope that he turns to PSG and says he will only go there. Then Real will be able to negotiate a much more realistic £100 million style deal with 12 months left on his deal, PSG forced to accept it.