Kylian Mbappé (FW) PSG

What will Mbappe be leaning on?

• The number 6, which he cheekily turns upside down into a 9, waggling his eyebrows

• Mikey Edward's elephant-sized cock

• Piled up lifesized cutouts of Benteke, Carroll, Jovanovic, and Voronin

• Maria's tea set

• ISMF's ego for starting this thread

• A simple conference table, because he has fully accepted being a humble part of the red machine

• The burnt-out remains of the redcafe server

• None of the above coz he ain't fookin comin', man

• A big VAR screen, to freak out all Abu Dhabi fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Still stand by these musings and don't believe a deal this summer or next is as fanciful as many believe. What Coronavirus will do to the sport and transfer fees is the great unknown at this stage. But that doesn't change PSG's position. Sell now and have some control over the price and destination. Or sell next year and accept whatever price club/clubs Mbappe will move to can afford. Lose him for free the summer after and look foolish and weak. If he was older things would be different but he will be 23 at the most when he leaves. Realistically PSG are going to have to sell and they can only sell him for what clubs (he would be willing to move to) can afford.
Just one thing you didnt cover, as a mentor, Im sure he'd prefer Klopp over anyone else, which is increasingly persuasive given his age and stage in his career.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has phoned the father of Kylian Mbappe to discuss the 21-year-old Paris St-Germain and France striker's next career move. (Le10Sport - in French)
Is this the information from when Mbappe was about 14 and top clubs already knew about him or that interest we had in 2017 (I think)?

:LOL:

No chance. He's now at the stage when Mbappe himself calls one or two clubs to tell he's interested, not the other way round. The time of Klopp calling his dad to tell he's interested (no shit) is probably an 5 year old information.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Is this the information from when Mbappe was about 14 and top clubs already knew about him or that interest we had in 2017 (I think)?

:LOL:

No chance. He's now at the stage when Mbappe himself calls one or two clubs to tell he's interested, not the other way round. The time of Klopp calling his dad to tell he's interested (no shit) is probably an 5 year old information.
I've seen it reported that his father is his agent, in which case it would be normal to call the agent particularly given accusations of tapping up if there was a direct conversation with the player.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Just one thing you didnt cover, as a mentor, Im sure he'd prefer Klopp over anyone else, which is increasingly persuasive given his age and stage in his career.
I'd agree but I do think, as a French footballer, that Zidane would be just as big a draw. The thing at Real is not even he is guaranteed to be there for even a medium term. He could agree to move there under Zidane but be playing under a different manager before he even kicks a ball competitively for them. You don't move to Real thinking that you will be working with a particular manager.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I've seen it reported that his father is his agent, in which case it would be normal to call the agent particularly given accusations of tapping up if there was a direct conversation with the player.
The only thing I find surprising is that people are surprised at the idea Klopp has spoken to his people and asked to be kept up to date on moves and planned moves regarding Kylian. Haven't we known Klopp has done this every step of the kids career so far? Why would he stop now?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Next year we will be able to chose between Sancho and Mbappe.

Won’t lie. Hope we will do some kind of swap deal Salah / Mbappe.

Salah will be 29 next year.

PSG sheik could see Mo as a nice attraction for the Arab world.
Still stand by these musings and don't believe a deal this summer or next is as fanciful as many believe. What Coronavirus will do to the sport and transfer fees is the great unknown at this stage. But that doesn't change PSG's position. Sell now and have some control over the price and destination. Or sell next year and accept whatever price club/clubs Mbappe will move to can afford. Lose him for free the summer after and look foolish and weak. If he was older things would be different but he will be 23 at the most when he leaves. Realistically PSG are going to have to sell and they can only sell him for what clubs (he would be willing to move to) can afford.
Bit early to know what our relationship with Real Madrid will be like in 2027/2028/2029. Mbappe in his prime "Galactico" age is a long way off. Their manager could be someone like Alonso by then. They could be going through rough times, a sleeping giant situation, or we could (please Fowler above let us be strong for a long period once more). A few players could have gone back and forth between us by that stage as two powerhouse clubs of European football and we might have a good relationship with them at that point.
I'd agree but I do think, as a French footballer, that Zidane would be just as big a draw. The thing at Real is not even he is guaranteed to be there for even a medium term. He could agree to move there under Zidane but be playing under a different manager before he even kicks a ball competitively for them. You don't move to Real thinking that you will be working with a particular manager.
The only thing I find surprising is that people are surprised at the idea Klopp has spoken to his people and asked to be kept up to date on moves and planned moves regarding Kylian. Haven't we known Klopp has done this every step of the kids career so far? Why would he stop now?
Next year we will be able to chose between Sancho and Mbappe.

Won’t lie. Hope we will do some kind of swap deal Salah / Mbappe.

Salah will be 29 next year.

PSG sheik could see Mo as a nice attraction for the Arab world.
I'm loving the optimism here. I think we all need as much of that as we can get right now.

It's a pity that we might have to lose Mo in order to make it happen, but time moves in only one direction and nobody gets younger.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
So what would be the swap deal?

Mbappe (then 22, with one year left on his contract)

Salah (then 29, two years left on his contract)

We pay them £55-70m extra?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I don't think anything as structured as a swap needs to happen or even for players to move in the same window, that's just how us fans think about it; player x is going to cost us 200 but if we sell player y for 100 it only cost us 100. Its actually a lot more complicated than that. Salah for instance was signed for a fee that could raise to €50 million, let's keep it simple and assume its hit all clauses. It looks like it was a 5 year deal so the 50 goes evenly 10 per year. But then one year in he signs another 5 year deal leaving 40 spread across 5 so he is now costing us €8 million a year on the books. If he was to be sold now (I fucking hope not) he currently has 3 years left so there's 24 million outstanding and that comes off first anything above that (should be a lot) is profit.

Signing Mbappe for say €180m on a five year deal would be adding €36m per year onto the books, but you'd want to do what we did with Salah and extend the deal within a year or two to spread that out more. Letting someone like Salah go may make sense from a point of view of room in the squad (personally disagree) or on the wage bill but from a point of view of annual cost added to the club it doesn't affect things much. Players signed for big fees like Van Dijk, Alisson and even Fabinho and Keita will be adding more per year on the finances. Talk of VvD and Alisson getting new contracts therefore makes sense as it spreads out those fees per year costs further dropping the total down. That and the lack of recent business in several years means there would potentially be room to add a large annual expense like Mbappe, especially if on a long term deal.

On a sporting sense (and more important for me) the idea of one in one out doesn't appeal to me. No matter how much of a sure thing a transfer is they could always take awhile to get up to speed like Fabinho did or even struggle awhile like Keita has. If an up and running, contributing, top forward leaves and someone who takes a settling in period has replaced them the team might stutter a bit. We might not be able to afford that if the league continues as its been. Best case scenario we've remained at current level when really you should always be looking for ways to improve.

All 3 of Salah, Mane and Firmino are likely to have left us at some point within the next 5 years, other challenges, leagues, opportunities, Klopps style being so physically demanding etc. etc. they will have been with us for good long periods by the time they leave in modern football terms. With that in mind we need to start bringing in younger players to take over.

Ideally we should have 4 top forwards at any one time to cope when one of them turns round and goes "err I've just had a call from Real Madrid and err..."! Or even worse gets a long term injury. Not to mention the amount of games we play.

Bring a younger guy in, give him a year or two to settle before one of the current 3 moves on. At that stage another younger player comes in to settle for a year or two before a second older guy moves on. Then another younger guy comes in and once settled the final older guy moves on. That's the ideal process and realistically things would never run that smoothly, a new player may flopp, two of our current players may want to move on in same season or one of the younger players may want to move on after 3/4 years before all the older players have been replaced. But by trying to make sure you plan to have 4 top forwards at all times if one leaves in an unplanned way you can cope with it by using what else you have in the squad and academy for depth like we are doing now. But its also one of the only ways you can realistically improve on what we have now.

KYRed18

Werner this year.

Mbappe or Sancho next year.
My FIFA frontline in 22/23 season in dynasty is Sancho Werner Mbappe.....

It's clearly happening....

23/24 it was Sancho Havertz (false 9) Mbappe

Had to sell Werner cause he turned into a greedy shit.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Class act on golden Boot thing. Him and Wissam Ben Yedder had Same goals but they awarded it to Mbappe because his were in less games and more assists or something but he's demanded they recognise Ben Yedder and award it jointly.

Edit: Apparently it was in less games and more of the goals were from open play that's how they decided it.

Joe Gomez x

So what would be the swap deal?

Mbappe (then 22, with one year left on his contract)

Salah (then 29, two years left on his contract)

We pay them £55-70m extra?
I’d take that, can afford the extra added on cash and about 100k a week more. Gives a similar player ability wise but 7 years younger. I’d say it’s worth it. Also will be Nike’s new main cover boy once Ronaldo retires so from a financial point FSG should consider it.

Red over the water

I would do that deal too. I doubt we could find a fan who wouldn’t do it! What would the wages be though? A lot of talk that PSG are offering Mbappe silly money, which we can’t compete with. Mind you, if Nike threw a bundle at him, in a personal deal, it could easily close the gap.

The crazy thing about it all is that it is not so ridiculously fanciful to imagine him here.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Are Real Madrid really favorites to get Mbappe?

I mean, they are being sponsored by Adidas and Mbappe is a Nike 'player'.

Their squad is in a mess. Hazard and Jovic disappointed until now.

They are not able to find buyers for James, Isco and Bale after trying to get rid for a few years now.

And they have many 'old' players in Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric and Benzema.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member

They are not able to find buyers for James, Isco and Bale after trying to get rid for a few years now.

And they have many 'old' players in Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric and Benzema.
Yes they absolutely by miles are.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.

Will it be the first time that these clubs get these players? Ronaldo (and Alonso and Kaka in the same summer) went to Real just a season after they were managed by Schuster/Ramos and they won nothing that season. It was a deal verbally done a year earlier (when you could also say Real was a little mess, despite landing two titles in a row earlier... that's Real).

I'm not saying it's guaranteed or that they're such massive favourites ahead of everyone else. But favourites they clearly are, they want him, they're looking like they're leaving room for a deal like this and he dreams about that place since he was a kid. I really doubt we're a close second or anything like that. I would say though that I actually believe we're in a position to make a call and Mbappe would at least listen to our proposition (I don't know what offer we'd put with our top wage being only £200k and him not leaving PSG for anything under than £350k or more like double, not to mention the fee/whole package).

Other than that, it will most probably be the usual what happens all the time: these players go to Real and the likes, they don't really care about their current situation. It's gravity I'm afraid, takes a lot more years at the top, factors off the pitch and pieces coming together at just the right time to get these done. Even United in their best days struggled to keep/attract deals like these. Not like they were searching for them as actively as Real, but there's a reason why players go to these places for a long time now.

We had more chances the last two times we were interested or tried to sign him. You can feel that the kid is good, normal, has respect for big clubs/teams like us. I saw how he liked Anfield when he played here in 2018. Though that can also change quickly with massive money and fame. But he was polite and showed respect to Klopp and our club.

We're great currently, we're on the rise, but I really don't think we're in the conversation for a massive deal like this. Could it happen one day? Yeah. Under these owners? Perhaps, I don't know. There are players out there who's name is not Mbappe or Werner. Let's keep building top sides without crying too much over Mbappe. It's simply a little bit unrealistic for us.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Will it be the first time that these clubs get these players? Ronaldo (and Alonso and Kaka in the same summer) went to Real just a season after they were managed by Schuster/Ramos and they won nothing that season. It was a deal verbally done a year earlier (when you could also say Real was a little mess, despite landing two titles in a row earlier... that's Real).

I'm not saying it's guaranteed or that they're such massive favourites ahead of everyone else. But favourites they clearly are, they want him, they're looking like they're leaving room for a deal like this and he dreams about that place since he was a kid. I really doubt we're a close second or anything like that. I would say though that I actually believe we're in a position to make a call and Mbappe would at least listen to our proposition (I don't know what offer we'd put with our top wage being only £200k and him not leaving PSG for anything under than £350k or more like double, not to mention the fee/whole package).

Other than that, it will most probably be the usual what happens all the time: these players go to Real and the likes, they don't really care about their current situation. It's gravity I'm afraid, takes a lot more years at the top, factors off the pitch and pieces coming together at just the right time to get these done. Even United in their best days struggled to keep/attract deals like these. Not like they were searching for them as actively as Real, but there's a reason why players go to these places for a long time now.

We had more chances the last two times we were interested or tried to sign him. You can feel that the kid is good, normal, has respect for big clubs/teams like us. I saw how he liked Anfield when he played here in 2018. Though that can also change quickly with massive money and fame. But he was polite and showed respect to Klopp and our club.

We're great currently, we're on the rise, but I really don't think we're in the conversation for a massive deal like this. Could it happen one day? Yeah. Under these owners? Perhaps, I don't know. There are players out there who's name is not Mbappe or Werner. Let's keep building top sides without crying too much over Mbappe. It's simply a little bit unrealistic for us.
I'm not sure looking at the financial power of Real Madrid 10 plus years ago is fair. This was a world before City and PSG flexing their muscles and completely outstripping anything Real ever did. They also aren't backed by the government like they used to. Don't get me wrong they still have massive incomes but they also have massive costs. Ronaldo was really their last big summer of the Galactico era. Since then, looking in a very rudimental way at their net spending they have;
10/11 about £75m
11/12 about £42.5m
12/13 about £5m
13/14 about £55m
14/15 about £12m
15/16 about £60m
16/17 made about £7m
17/18 made about £79m
18/19 about £25m
19/20 about £186m

This doesn't scream out to me a club about to go on a massive spending spree, previously when they have spent more than £40 million they've had a quiet year or two to recover. This massive spend they just did looks like it was getting prepared for over a 4 year period, 5 if next year is a recovery year. I've always believed that Real are doing a long game with Mbappe where they butter him up, make him desperate to go there. Next summer or the window after PSG have to accept whatever reasonable sum Real offer. Real get to look the Billy big bollocks again by getting best young player in the world. PSG seem legitimately livid at this way of approaching it.

During these seasons Real have only won the league twice and seem absolutely humiliated by it. They've been beaten on price by us for Alisson, United on Pogba and not been able to seal the De Gea transfer with a "too good to refuse" style deal. They also seemed to try and do with De Gea what they are now doing with Mbappe but he signed an extension to his contract.

Real could come in with big money this summer or next I just don't think its the certainty it used to be 10 or 20 years ago. Also if Real do spend big I think it'll be spread across many players not just one or two. I think they'll bring in Pogba, a keeper, a CB maybe Koulibaly, maybe a full back depending on what they do with Achraf Hakimi and a CM. Thats before you even look at their attack. You're right in that, years ago, they bought Alonso and whole load of others but in recent years when they've spent over 30 million on a player its never been more than one or two, till last summer when it was 5. I just find it hard to believe two scenarios are likely;

Scenario 1: They just spend all their money on a top attacker in Mbappe and leave the rest of the squad largely as is.
Scenario 2: They address the needs throughout their underperforming, ageing, squad by having lots of top star players arrive and still have the money for a massive star attacker purchase.

Don't see it happening till next summer at the very earliest and maybe for a fraction of his value that summer or the following winter.

On Mbappe himself he may well want to play for Real Madrid but why does it have to happen now? He's never won the Champions League and he's only ever played in a league that many don't respect. On Galactico terms he's more James Rodriguez or Gareth Bale than Zidane or Cristiano Ronaldo. To be a top level Galactico signing he needs to be moving there at 28/29 having won some top league titles and at least one Champions League. Then he moves in a real Galactico style deal.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Doesn't have to happen now, we'll see what possibly changes with the virus. Transfers like these sometimes take time like I said, things have to fall into place of course. This means it might take an extra year of him staying at PSG, who knows.

What's the Galactico era anyway, is there a fixed time when it started and when it ended? Yeah, they haven't bought much of that type in last years, but it's Real and they're always on the hunt for the next big thing. They were lurking around Neymar (as did Barca for a possible return), but Mbappe is really the next one (injuries permitting), considering not only his current talent but quality and age. Real really are unpredictable, but you can bet they want the next most shiny toy out there.

They just spent a lot of money on two young Brazilians who play more or less the same position. They have around 10+ forwards in their first team squad, I can see quite a few of them offloaded (yeah, to be fair, they struggled to get rid of Bale recently). Depends on the clubs' policy in certain time, it's not difficult to imagine they're in the conversation for anything top out there. Doesn't mean they'll go for a number of them like before, doesn't mean they'll get their targets every time, but it's how things work for who knows how many years.

Why does it even matter if he's not already a CL winner? That doesn't make sense at all. Mbappe is already that good (and that young) that he can basically choose where he wants to go, from the clubs that can afford him. It's clear as daylight. Not winning the CL yet actually makes it even more probable if we talk about Real, who (yeah, Barca took domestic domination) are European kings...

We can laugh at Real all we want and criticize them, I'm one of the first to do that at times, but the fact remains almost every top player would want to go there. Something much more serious and longer needs to happen for that to end. As Liverpool fans, we're great at the moment, but our two last seasons don't make enough difference for something this big. It takes much more money than we've ever spent + winning more than we've won so far + off the pitch factors. We've found a way of doing things which works very well for us. And we're still in the process of investing in Kirkby, redeveloping Anfield, etc. We still have room to grow and I don't think we'll start making wild moves any time soon.

It doesn't even have to be Real, but one of those clubs. There are not 10 of those, but enough for him to focus on those. I fail to see how we end up in advanced talks here. It's just too big for us, as much as we're such a likeable team at the moment. Maybe some other place, some other time with another "Mbappe". I'll cry of happiness it this happens, I wouldn't say we don't have a small chance, but it's realistically highly unlikely.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Doesn't have to happen now, we'll see what possibly changes with the virus. Transfers like these sometimes take time like I said, things have to fall into place of course. This means it might take an extra year of him staying at PSG, who knows.

What's the Galactico era anyway, is there a fixed time when it started and when it ended? Yeah, they haven't bought much of that type in last years, but it's Real and they're always on the hunt for the next big thing. They were lurking around Neymar (as did Barca for a possible return), but Mbappe is really the next one (injuries permitting), considering not only his current talent but quality and age. Real really are unpredictable, but you can bet they want the next most shiny toy out there.

They just spent a lot of money on two young Brazilians who play more or less the same position. They have around 10+ forwards in their first team squad, I can see quite a few of them offloaded (yeah, to be fair, they struggled to get rid of Bale recently). Depends on the clubs' policy in certain time, it's not difficult to imagine they're in the conversation for anything top out there. Doesn't mean they'll go for a number of them like before, doesn't mean they'll get their targets every time, but it's how things work for who knows how many years.

Why does it even matter if he's not already a CL winner? That doesn't make sense at all. Mbappe is already that good (and that young) that he can basically choose where he wants to go, from the clubs that can afford him. It's clear as daylight. Not winning the CL yet actually makes it even more probable if we talk about Real, who (yeah, Barca took domestic domination) are European kings...

We can laugh at Real all we want and criticize them, I'm one of the first to do that at times, but the fact remains almost every top player would want to go there. Something much more serious and longer needs to happen for that to end. As Liverpool fans, we're great at the moment, but our two last seasons don't make enough difference for something this big. It takes much more money than we've ever spent + winning more than we've won so far + off the pitch factors. We've found a way of doing things which works very well for us. And we're still in the process of investing in Kirkby, redeveloping Anfield, etc. We still have room to grow and I don't think we'll start making wild moves any time soon.

It doesn't even have to be Real, but one of those clubs. There are not 10 of those, but enough for him to focus on those. I fail to see how we end up in advanced talks here. It's just too big for us, as much as we're such a likeable team at the moment. Maybe some other place, some other time with another "Mbappe". I'll cry of happiness it this happens, I wouldn't say we don't have a small chance, but it's realistically highly unlikely.
On Galactico era you kind of need to start with a definition of what a Galactico signing is. For me the real Galacticos were the best of the best, the top teams best players and the most famous players in the world. The Real Madrid Galactico era was when they were signing these players. Players who had won everything and were famous across the globe. For me Bale and Hazard are not real Galactico signings and (as much as I agree on Mbappe being the best around and heir apparent to Messi) Mbappe just isn't quite a real Galactico yet, the French League just isn't good enough. Its not just about personal ability. He probably will be a Galactico but Mbappe in 2020 conquerer of the French League and 21 is not a true Galactico regardless of talent. Mbappe 2028 conquerer of French and English leagues and Champions League winner at 29 he really would be. That would be on the level of real Galactico signings. That make sense?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Okay, but that's your theory, there were plenty of players who were top signings, whether we call them "Galacticos" or not. And I really don't see how Mbappe wouldn't be viewed as such a star.

Mbappe is already one of the world's best players at the age of 21, I don't think you need to add anything more to that. Top clubs want him because of that and he wants them.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Okay, but that's your theory, there were plenty of players who were top signings, whether we call them "Galacticos" or not. And I really don't see how Mbappe wouldn't be viewed as such a star.

Mbappe is already one of the world's best players at the age of 21, I don't think you need to add anything more to that. Top clubs want him because of that and he wants them.
I know he's a better player but this whole post could have been written about James Rodriguez or Klaas Jan Hunterlaar or Gareth Bale or numerous others over the years. Name a big, high profile, signing of Real Madrid that "worked out" when the player wasn't already an icon of the sport as I described?

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Even if we we're willing to pay Mbappe 2 times more than our highest earners, the potential advertising and sponsorship deals etc are so much higher at Real or Barca, the player will still end up with less here or any club in England. I'm not saying Mbappe is particularly motivated by money but thats just how it is unfortunately.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Even if we we're willing to pay Mbappe 2 times more than our highest earners, the potential advertising and sponsorship deals etc are so much higher at Real or Barca, the player will still end up with less here or any club in England. I'm not saying Mbappe is particularly motivated by money but thats just how it is unfortunately.
Wish people would read threads instead of repeating over and over the same things. The difference in salary between what we pay Salah and what PSG pay Mbappe is less than the difference between what Nike pay Mbappe and Neymar. Nike increase their Mbappe deal to what they pay Neymar and we put him on the same as Salah and Mbappes combined income goes up. Then his other endorsements and sponsorship opportunities are going to increase in English league than the French and he would have a much better salary than the one he currently has. For Mbappe it really doesn't seem to be about the money though. And traditionally Real and Barca have dominated the sponsorship market but the Premier League is no back water. In fact combined league totals I'm sure Premier League trumps La Liga. Mbappe can still go to Real if he moved to us first anyway, much the same way as Alonso or Suarez and Coutinho with Barca.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I know he's a better player but this whole post could have been written about James Rodriguez or Klaas Jan Hunterlaar or Gareth Bale or numerous others over the years. Name a big, high profile, signing of Real Madrid that "worked out" when the player wasn't already an icon of the sport as I described?
You're losing me, I don't get it.

Real have signed a number of top players over the years. Some were more high profile, some were more low key. Some turned out to be brilliant, some good, some have flopped (also often because they just threw to the pile and didn't really follow a plan, but that's another topic). Anyone can flop, that's not my point. Do they sign Ronaldos every season? Of course not, nobody can do that. But they're almost always in the conversation for top players. If some failed, does it mean they'll have reservations about signing Mbappe in his early 20's? I highly doubt it in this case. This might not be the "Galactico era" anymore, but he would be a player of that calibre.

Why would they wait until Mbappe is 28-29? The kid is already outstanding. What would Mbappe prove to the world by winning the CL with PSG this (or next) season? That he could maybe do it outside the Ligue Un? We already know that, he has destroyed teams at both club, European and international level. Do you really think he's so good mostly because Ligue Un is not the best league out there?

Why Real do certain things (often with a question mark yes, a pretty unpredictable club, but for a lot of people in the world still the most special club) is not important for my point, they simply do it. Much more often than some other clubs like us (I'd like to know which of our signings in all of our history came closest to being one of the world's leading players at that time, I don't think we had a lot of those?). Doesn't mean an odd one can't happen, but I won't get my hopes up.

Mbappe is on a completely different level to what Alonso (they were actually thinking about him when he moved to us), Suarez (we were battling bloody Spurs to sign him) and Coutinho (he had, what, a good 6 months with Poch at Espanyol?) were when they came to Liverpool. Is there room for another step between PSG and a "Real"? Maybe, yeah, depending on timing and how he feels. Will he do it? I don't think so. Why? Because he doesn't need to, that would not be the best offer for him (on paper) and he's already damn good. Plus, there's only a few clubs that can afford him and he'd take into consideration (I think we might be one of those at a stretch, but I don't think we can land him and I don't think we'll properly try because both sides know it's a no-go). Plus, he might want to rather stay at PSG for an extra season and see what happens. I think the time when he was looking for that next step after Monaco was already the one step before a "Real". We tried and failed, that was the summer when we ended up with Salah. PSG are highly ambitious, too.

I'd also be very careful what to expect with this whole Nike deal, what does that mean for signings, how much does it really play a part (and this early into the deal), etc. I'm always suspicious of the headlines that Juve got their money back from Ronaldo by selling his kits. It's most probably much more complex than that. Mbappe indeed sounds like a normal kid (so far, we'll see if he remains like this), someone who appreciates certain footballing values, etc. That doesn't mean he won't pursue the best money offer out there, among other things.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Wish people would read threads instead of repeating over and over the same things.
Did you read my post?

Then his other endorsements and sponsorship opportunities are going to increase in English league than the French and he would have a much better salary than the one he currently has.
If you read my post I explained that players have opportunity to earn more in personal sponsor deals playing for Real or Barca han they would at any club in England. You seem to be the person who repeats things over and over without reading lol.

richieh10

I don’t think anybody is going to buy Mbappe, gonna cost too much. On a free transfer tho....

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I didn't think it was even up for debate, there is no doubt that Mbappe is already a star of world football. Not sure if a guy (kid?!) of his age can do any better than he has done so far. Yes, French league sucks but he's been excellent in Champions League (just a small example, he's already scored at Anfield and Old Trafford of all places, as well as Etihad) and has already won a World Cup as a key member of French side. Every top side that needs a forward will think of him first (and then say "yeah, he's too expensive and will go to Real Madrid anyway" but that's another story). The only risk about him is his long term fitness (I'm always wary of kids who shine at early age and then get run into the ground), everything else about him as a player is just perfect, aside from him not playing for Liverpool.