Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Simply because there are reliable sources saying the club has made contact and expressed interest. Unlikely as it seems, if that possibility is not discussed here, it will be discussed in less appropriate threads.

Just think of it as your own personal thread for excessive negativity and skepticism. So many posters here crying out to be brought back to reality....or something.

redfanman, Chewbazza, Livvy and 3 others like this.
  2. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

This is what shits me though, we don't operate in a bubble.

What happens by some miracle that we do sign him?....surely it's an unplanned, and un budgeted for eventuality.....

What then?

Yep...we have this kid that's apparently destined to outshine Messi and Ronaldo combined....but what happens if that doesn't happen? As unlikely as it seems...

3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Do you think the club would ignore other priorities to sign this kid? I'm sure there's a contingency in place for if that happens, as unlikely as it is. They've always maintained the money is there for the right players, so maybe they'll put their money where their mouths are this time. We've spent little enough (net) for the last 18 months.

redfanman likes this.
  4. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Unfortunately, yeah, I do.

Some nonsense about FFP that magically only seems to affect our club, or CL REVENUE, or wage structures.....

I have little faith

5. Arminius

Weirdly, I could see this one happening. He is so young that the math works, if JWH ever goes wild, it will be for a deal like this, while Aubameyang at half the quoted numbers for Mbappe is a non-starter. Say you sign him for 100M, his cost per season is perhaps 8M through to 30. Unless he completely melts down, he could readily be sold for 5 years from now for 50M, so the value-at-risk is not bad at all.

Not saying it is at all likely, because of other priorities Klopp would really have to push the boat, just that the analysis framework they use can point in this direction. Recall how much they paid for Henderson.

redbj, redfanman, Brock34 and 2 others like this.
  6. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

It only looks like magic if you ignore all the cases where FFP has caused real restrictions.

7. Zinedine Biscan

If you look at the players we have to sell, then even if Sturridge stays I think we could reasonably expect to raise circa £60m provided we get near the £30m we're hoping for from Sakho alone. Wisdom has gone for around £4m, probs get the same from Lucas judging by current rumours, £10m for Stewart and another £12m or thereabouts for Moreno.

If you include Sturridge we could get close to £80m.

Mbappe £100m
    VVD (or similar) £55m
    Salah £35m
    LB of some description, if it's a young one call it £20m tops

Ins - £210m approx

Sales - £60-80m

Net spending (on top of three successive zero-spend windows) - £130-150m

Purely on the financial outlay, I don't think it is entirely out of the realms of possibility that we could sign Mbappe on top of strengthening our other main priorities.

8. GaryBarlow99

GaryBarlow99 Member

Think we would need an extra midfielder if Stewart and Lucas both leave.

I honestly think we will make around £80m from sales even if we don't sell Sturridge simply because of how crazy the market is at the moment.

9. Brock34

Brock34 TIA Squad Member

Agree. And if we sign Mbappe, yes I know the likelihood is low, or another top forward, I have a funny feeling Origi could be sold. Would he add another 30m?

I know he's still very young and promising, but I don't think Klopp sees him as anything more than third choice.

Not saying any of that is happening, but if a top forward comes, I could see both Sturridge and Origi going. With maybe a late Klavan type surprise veteran forward addition being added for depth until Ings and Solanke are ready.

10. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Add in Markovic too which could be as high as 20 million.

Scott Jones and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  11. Zinedine Biscan

We're in the realm of pure hypotheticals, obviously, but if we were to sign those players then, assuming the kitty didn't extend to another CM, I think you'd just put a bit of faith in Gini, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson and Can being enough for the season, with youngsters like Ejaria and TAA (who looks great at CM imo) backing them up.

If it's sign Mbappe and no CM or skip on him in preference of bringing in a CM, I'd go for the first option every time.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  12. Zinedine Biscan

Wow, yeah, had forgotten about him. If you think it could be £80m to £100m in sales, you've nearly paid for Mbappe just with those, haven't you?

13. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Haha - must be the heat making everyone giddy.

Fuck it.

Mendy, VVD, Keita, Salah, Mbappe (although I'd 'settle' for Icardi ;-))

redfanman and SBYM like this.
  14. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

I know it's a fucking pipe dream, but how goddamn good would it be if the club just thought, fuck it...you only live once, whatever it costs...come to us lad and play every bloody week, we'll turn you into a £150m player...

Lostmyfunk 3421 and Scott Jones like this.
  15. SBYM

Speaking of the heat, I almost laughed my arse off yesterday at Victoria Station when on the big screen it flashed up;

Heatwave expected to continue with temperatures approaching 30 this weekend.

30. The big three-zero.

Classic. It were 40 plus in Adelaide last year for about two weeks on the run...

16. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

He is like Ronaldo at Barca when he broke through..a freak at 18. What he did for Monaco was amazing, he'd change the game when ever they subbed him on. I'd see he was subbed in and put an in -play bet on him or Monaco to score next. They did every time bar one. He was the most dangerous player in Europe Bar none for me.Buy him and I'll name my son after him.

Scott Jones and SBYM like this.
  17. SBYM

Kylian Lostmyfunk?

Has a nice ring to it...

18. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Pfft... Lightweights

19. Arminius

I have the same reaction when I hear the footy commentators talk about how cold it is in those January games..

lfc.eddie, Zinedine Biscan and SBYM like this.
  20. Limiescouse

Ronaldo had already won a world cup medal (albeit without ever playing) and had been playing for Brazil for 2 years by the time he signed for Barca.

If we bought Mbappe this summer, then it would be like Ronaldo at Barca - world record fee for someone with so little football to his name, but just so clearly so superb.

21. Zinedine Biscan

It's the consistency that's the killer. It's only about a week since it was pissing down and we were sending the girls to school in cardigans.

SBYM likes this.
  22. Limiescouse

Yeah, but it's a wet cold...

SBYM likes this.
  23. SBYM

It's certainly all over the place. I am hopeless at remembering to carry a brolly. Ipso facto, I've lost count of the number of times I've screamed to myself...It was fucking sunny 4mins ago!!!!!

Wyld@Heart and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  24. Lostmyfunk 3421

Wonder if the heat has affected any others on here? Iratic posting?
    I know when it gets towards 40c in the hot season the humidity just sends my head spinning..imagine playing football..u would pass out.

25. schmee

schmee Master of Ashla and Bogan.

I actually think we've no chance in hell of signing him and, even given his quality, am unsure if we should unless we've he funds to address the more obvious squad deficiencies. I just dislike people being smart ares and tellling us we should or shouldn't be thinking. If anyone gets enjoyment by hoping we sign this kid then fair fucks to you. Why not enjoy yourself?

redfanman and Wyld@Heart like this.
  26. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

:-)

It would probably be the biggest statement FSG could ever do. It would make it easier for us to sign other top class players. Top class players want to play with other top class players. For them it would almost be risk free because the club would go up in value. We would get much better sponsorship deals.

27. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You have not been to Melbourne, have you?

SBYM likes this.
  28. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Im sorry but they're not even close. And if im going to be harsh Mbappes goals aren't even all that impressive compared to Ronaldos 1 year at Barcelona, a lot of Mbappes goals have been around the 6 yard box.

Lostmyfunk 3421 likes this.
  29. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

If you look at the types of goals Torres scored for us in his first season vs Mbappe, Torres was way more impressive as well.

30. Lostmyfunk 3421

Nice clips. I forgot youtube collections! I can't show his turns, runs for Monaco. Don't know how. Can't even copy and paste a fantastic article about Ronaldo from the Guardian on tour in 97...very good read.
    ..Ronald.played further up front maybe..Henry is maybe more similar but he wasn't as good at 18. He reminds me of Ronaldo, being better than everyone and running at defenders..either way he won't come and we need a transfer to calm the waters.