Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

This has "Liverpool are interested in Ousmane Dembele" written all over it, unfortunately.

It won't happen. Hopefully we don't miss out on more attainable targets because we're engaged in a wild goose chase.

Would love it to, of course, but it won't.

redbj likes this.
  2. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

remember Danes Villa Signs pranks?...... brilliant....we were all so much younger and niave then...weren't we?

3. legalalien

legalalien Well-Known Member

And who could forget 'Liverpool Sign Bent'?
    [​IMG]

4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Why make it so complicated? There's already a song with his name in the chorus....

lollollollol

Maria, Broomy, Irishanfield and 2 others like this.
  5. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

@lfc.eddie

Man, I hated that song back then. Hated it!
    My eyes...and ears!

Why, Eddie? Why?
    :((

Broomy, Wyld@Heart and lfc.eddie like this.
  6. lfc.eddie

You should now hope we don't get him in the summer, or else you be listening to this for years to come.... lollollol

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  7. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Who wouldn't like to have this lad within their ranks?

It obviously won't happen for us though, CL next season or not. But I can understand that people may want to dream a little bit. He's one of the players with the most explosive upwards curve witnessed ever. The last one to explode like that at a similar age was probably Messi.

8. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I have a sneaky feeling Klopp will test the water with Dembele. He clearly wanted him previously and Dortmund have signed a lot of players who could easily replace him etc. There is a lot of disharmony at Dortmund, Tuchel may be leaving, Zorc may be leaving, struggled to get into the CL, something amiss there, uncertainty could mean a decent offer may get a nibble.

9. redbj

What if I told you they could qualify to sing for England....

RDs mind...blown...

Arminius and lfc.eddie like this.
  10. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

My ears are still blown thanks to hanson and eddie.

What I would say to what you just wrote about them qualifying to sing for england (not the UK btw?):

To quote the late Tupac:
    I don't give a f***
    I don't even know who won this ESC 2017 and if the UK was there.

redbj likes this.
  11. lfc.eddie

Tuchel confirmed to leave, but where did you get the Zorc part?

12. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Tuchel is confirmed?

13. lfc.eddie

Thought he was, according to @Cologne-Liverpool in one other thread I read....

14. legalalien

redfanman likes this.
  15. redfanman

I fail to see how this is comparable with other deals attempted under FSG? It certainly doesnt strike me as "classic LFC under FSG".

boston red and NYRhockey like this.
  16. redfanman

What sort of resources do you think the club are using here? How does simply saying we are interested but havent made a move indicate that we are tying all our eggs up in one basket? I would expect if the club were serious about signing him, he would have attracted all the fanfare that Keita and Brandt were attracting a few months ago and VVD continues to get.

boston red and NYRhockey like this.
  17. redfanman

I dont see the connection. Klopp did almost everything possible to get that deal done. I cant see Klopp doing the same here simply because the potential cost and competition for the player's signature is much much higher. We'll probably see how it goes along with our other deals and if an opportunity then arises, maybe get involved but i certainly dont see it as a case of chasing this deal down the whole of the summer in an attempt to close it.

Livvy likes this.
  18. redbj

IF the interest is serious, I hope to fucking god someone just didn't get up one morning and think ringing Monaco would be a good idea.

IF the interest is true, then I would expect an organisation like LFC has spent enough time analysing how he fits into the team, his likely expectations from us ( no, not tapping up, but an educated assumption of his likely demands) his market value, likely competitors and an analysis of where that expected cost would leave the clubs budget this summer.

IF we are truely serious, not just sparking the market, I hope a series of strategies have been worked through, and someone's gone right to the top and suggested we are potentially spending upwards of 75 million pounds on a teenager.

Resources.....if we are actually interested...yeah, I hope we've used 'resources' and not just done it on the hop.

19. redbj

What, no smoke around any top players even the fans say ....'nah, no chance'?

You can recall any scenario similar?

20. Zinedine Biscan

The connection is we're linked to an unattainable target who has no chance of playing at Liverpool next season. That's all.

Livvy, Irishanfield and redbj like this.
  21. redfanman

We were wanting to sign him over a year ago, so the resources invested in any attempt to close the deal are mostly sunk - i.e already spent.

22. redbj

Well I'll wear that.

I might be coming over too emphatic, I'm not THAT fussed.....I'm more bored with being linked to players we will not be signing.

I am probably more referring to past indiscretions than this particular rumour.

I suppose I just know it's going to follow a formula here...and it is...it's boring.

redfanman likes this.
  23. redfanman

But the point at which they are considered unattainable is different, no? Outbidding Dortmund for a player is different than trying to outbid a whole host of the richest clubs?

24. redfanman

No. But then i am getting old. ;-)

redbj likes this.
  25. Zinedine Biscan

Dembele had already agreed a move to Dortmund at the point we were involved, when we didn't even have CL to offer. There was never a chance of him moving here.

26. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

I love the reactions to us being linked with him. The concern we are fucking a deal up, or will fuck it up, therefore warranting a good moan.

Likely that these rumours are as a result of agents looking to fill their pockets.

The lack of trust that there is for our club is dumbfounding at times. It's as if people really believe that the scouting network is built on a bunch of blokes playing CM or fantasy football, and that fans know better. Cracks me up everytime.

We won't get Mbappe, unless he has the desire to come to us. Personally, I see him being under too much pressure at too young an age; and see him ending up at one of these big clubs with splinters up his arse.

27. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Is the interest serious? Yes we offered him double the wages Monaco was offering him before he signed his new contract last March (I.e. Don't sign with Monanco sign for us in the summer.) He was the number one choice of summer targets last summer. This is a full blown we've been after him for a couple of years, type transfer, similar to Dembele.

Where does he fit into the team? Where doesn't he? He is a player who can play wide right/left forward or central.. The comparisons to Henry are not unfounded in this case, he could be that good.

You'd hope we do try and sign him, maybe this is why we kept our powder dry over 2 Windows, to give us the funds to really sign a worldclass talent.

28. legalalien

I dunno though ....

Of course, I very much doubt if we will get anywhere near signing him. However, there may just be a possibility that he might come to the conclusion that at a top-ranked club like Real or Bayern he may get parked on the bench and used sparingly while he 'develops', but at a club not at the very highest level he might get more game time. In other words, he might think that it would be to his advantage to use us or one of the top Italian clubs as a stepping stone to what he sees as greater things. In that event, we could still get a couple of seasons out of him and sell him for a massive profit. Or loss, if he turns out to be a flash in the pan.

29. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Why not try?

We believed in him when most hadn't heard of him or were trying to sign him for their youth teams.

If he really does have his head on his shoulders going to a (hopefully) champions league club, with a great manager proven at developing world class talent and who had been interested in him before he came famous should make a lot of sense.

He'd still be on big money with us and he could be, correctly, managed and therefore developed into the next Messi.

Yes he can do what James Rodriguez did and go to Real Madrid (worked out well for his bank balance but not his potential) or Martial did at United (being under the wrong managers to take him on further on his development) and he probably will do a move daft for his career like that.

But why not throw our name in the hat. It's the kind of signing that would have always been exactly what FSG always wanted too.

boston red likes this.
  30. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Absolutely agree @legalalien; but as others have said, the sums of money being banded around are for a player that is the complete package. Not some teenager that had played a handful of games in the vastly uncompetitive league 1 in France.

Considering Mane and Gini cost jointly less than the numbers being banded around for Mbappe, I know what I'd rather have...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.