Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Mbappe right? You'd take Mbappe right? Have you seen his stats in the Champions League? Monaco did quite well, he was a huge part of that.

2. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

Never said confirmed, I was citing a press rumour he (Tuchel) was in negotiations with Leverkusen.
    However atm it doesn't look like he has much of a future at Dortmund, don't know if it will be next season or whenever. Loads of media rumblings about the whole thing, loads of pundits/ex-players/ex-managers etc. feel the need to say something - front page story of the BL atm.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. big noyd

big noyd Well-Known Member

it's as if some people would prefer an inferior player, as long as he's older

4. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

PEA some 20m less than Mbappe? Belotti some 30m less than Mbappe? Icardi some 40m less than Mbappe?
    Do tell us...

5. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

Don't really know where the problem is tbh. If it's just a made-up rumour, so what? If we're just trying our luck and checking out if there might be interest and at what price, fine, no harm in that. If we actually get him, great.

Livvy, basil1492, ubermick and 10 others like this.
  6. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

I don't think for one moment that we have any remote chance of getting him, but this guy IS the complete package already, despite being only 18 years old. I've only see him play a few times live, but every time, it was as obvious as it can get . If he can stay injury-free, this lad will become a genuine monster.

7. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

And Federico Macheda was a huge part to Man U winning the league a few years ago.... as have a number of other "superstar" teenagers that have failed majorly at various clubs...

He's still only a baby, only scored 16 goals and for me, £75M is just ridiculous. I don't doubt his quality, having seen him play, but that amount of money means one thing, and one thing only - he will go to PSG, Bayern, Real, Man U, Barca, or China. Not many other clubs are going to risk spending the vast majority of their funds on a single player realistically.

@Hope in your heart - as above, and yes....potential is there...but £75 should buy you the done deal, not the potential

@The Elusive 19th - I was not specifically referring to other players I'd rather have - what I meant is, that rather than buy potential for £75M - we could go and get a couple of £35M players.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player with bags of potential - it just seems a bit ridiculous off the back of a good run in the CL, when we are trying to build a squad capable of competing on all fronts, to bascially put your eggs in a single basket, that has a vastly conflated price.

I will drop in my usual view however - If Klopp wants him, and the club can afford him, by all means, I will be as excited as a 6 year old getting scalextrix at Christmas as the prospect of what's up ahead.

I will also add that I look forward to hearing the cries of anger towards the FSG and the club when we fail to get someone we can't even afford to get...

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Dude... Macheda did it for about three games during that run-in, this lad's been killing it the entire season.

The point about us spending basically nothing (net) for the past three windows that was mentioned above it an interesting one, though. It would be nice to think it was being set aside for something big like this.

I still very much doubt we'll even be in the conversation for this one, though.

Livvy, RMP, redfanman and 1 other person like this.
  9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

How is it a single basket?? Mooted war chest of £200mil..

Mbappe - £100mil
    VVD - £50mil
    Keita - £30mil
    Sessegnon - £15mil

Change left over...

Mignolet

Alexander-Arnold Matip VanDijk Sessengon

Keita Henderson Coutinho

Mane Firmino Mbappe​

Worldclass team that in about 2 seasons.

10. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

I admit it... I drooled a little bit.

11. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I'm not even going to start to dream, no chance of this one happening. I don't even think he'll leave this summer, probably the next one. There are other Monaco players who are more likely to leave. If something does happen, we simply can't compete with this one.

RMP and Hope in your heart like this.
  12. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Not realistic I know, knowing who else wants Mbappe, but hey it would be a fuck off statement of intent. He is the perfect fit for our team in terms of flexibility and what he would offer (goal threat outwide) imagine Cou feeding him and Mane.. Yes drool is the right word.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  13. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Don't know what to think about this. Record transfers don't fare particularly well at Liverpool, to put it mildly, and this lad is only 18, a price tag like this one could stunt his progress significantly - you don't pay that kind of money for potential but for a top, top player, pressure is on from the start. Obviously, I'd love to have such an effective, fearless and talented player in our starting XI and I'd love it if such a player picked Liverpool over our competitors but this is simply unrealistic. If I was him, I'd stay for another year or two and develop, try to win some more trophies with Monaco, play Champions League, develop further, maybe break into French national team.

14. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

You realise he has broke into the French national team right? People forget the ages players like Gerrard, Owen, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. Broke through.. Sometimes you get a superstar and know they will make it.

redfanman and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  15. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I do remember we were linked/mentioned with him before, I think Rodgers was still here. It was most probably a dodgy source, but remember it very well because of his more unusual name and surname.

16. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Glad to see other posters coming round to my way of thinking on Mbappe, he will cost 100m Euros not 100m sterling,

If your paying 60m Euros for VVD then he is worth it.

The only argument to have would be PEA as the same price, proven against being the best in the world in the future

Id still go with Mbappe

17. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

On one today eh :D

Reported £200M......very key word that reported.

In one basket in the goal getting sense.

Anyway - the liklihood is we won't get him - if we do - massive bonus. Not worth getting irritated about though :-)

18. The Elusive 19th

Mbappe is 90-100m, PEA would be around 50-60m, Belotti would be around 40-50m, Icard would be 30-40m, Laccazette would be 25-35m.

19. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

PEA is 79m Euro buy out I dont know how wrong you are on the rest.

20. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Think you're over optimistic with those prices!

21. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

OMGzzzz you just keep on doing it don't you lollollol

redfanman likes this.
  22. The Elusive 19th

May be wrong less for PEA. But Belotti has 1 great season. Icardi - fully controversial. And no one has even touched Laccazette with a barge pole so far.

23. shankly96

shankly96 Dissolver of sugar

Optimistic view on PEA, Icardi and Lacazette. PEA will be in the 60-75 range, Icardi will be in the 40-50 and Laccazette will be over 40

24. The Elusive 19th

Icardi will have less takers - his baggage is bigger than Suarez - especially we shouldn't buy. The Terry/Ronney/Gigss worshiping ******* will ask LFC to be banned from PL, if we get Icardi and the FA will just do that. All hypocritical ********.

Lacazette keeps scoring goals for 4 seasons now - but he is still there @ Lyon.

And i concede PEA. But it all depends on Dortmund - I think they can convinced to take 60m, especially if its Klopp.

25. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

How was Auba's relationship with Klopp, i wonder? He did play a few years for Jurgen but do wonder if he's someone PEA would welcome working with again as i don't recall ever reading anything about their relationship, good or bad.

26. The Elusive 19th

“I owe him a lot. It was great to work with him and he taught me many things. If I play like this as a striker now, it is because of him.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/166/eur...2/aubameyang-i-play-this-way-because-of-klopp

27. big noyd

big noyd Well-Known Member

not going to happen, but there's a thread now. to a shameless firmino apologist, mbappe seems like the perfect addition--capable of playing wide next to firmino, or leading the line in his place. runs, works hard, takes players on, decent enough with both feet, already a good finisher and stands to improve given his age

somebody recently reported that concern over the pressure to deliver at liverpool informed ousmane dembele's thought process when he chose dortmund. (surely the people who preferred somebody 'proven' like yarmolenko or konoplyanka would now concede that january might have gone a bit better with dembele in the team?) mbappe is likely to end up at rm, where they hiss at mishit crosses in the last 20 minutes of 4-0 wins. honestly, liverpool would be a good move for his development

not sure how 90 mil for mbappe is more outlandish than 50 mil for van dijk. if they brought mbappe, ox (cover in cm and another wide option), & sessegnon in, and that was it, i think i could live with lovren for another season

28. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

The club need a fuck off statement of intent to make us fans and the players believe that we can win the league. If the players don't believe that then we have no chance and next season will be more or less the same as this season. Up and downs.

We are Liverpool and we should at least try to sign the best talents out there. If we don't do that then our rivals will sign them and get stronger.

Signing very good players isn't enough. We need world class players and talents.

29. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

<Bitch please> *since can't use gif anymore........ If you care to go to "Who would you buy?" thread, you're not the first to have suggested this French kid. He was mentioned way before one of your brothers caught a glimpse of him in Champs League match and start to form your views after 4 matches of how good he is.

redfanman likes this.
  30. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Right Belotti anything up to 85 million;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...chester-united-transfer-news-rumours-10351793

Aubamayeng anything up to 80 million (best so far);

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/31286...ubameyang-talks-amid-tianjin-quanjian-reports

Icardi doesn't seem to have been linked since October but that seemed to be 30 million plus Gitoud;

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...auro-icardi-to-arsenal-memphis-depay-to-milan

Lacazette would be around 50 million is being widely reported as the agreed in principle move to Atletico Madrid (too lazy to find anything other than metro);

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/atlet...for-lyon-forward-alexandre-lacazette-6643221/

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.