• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Lacina Traore (Striker) Anzhi Makhachkala

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1224973/liverpool-interested-in-anzhi-striker-lacina-traore?cc=5901

Liverpool track Traore

November 13, 2012
By ESPN staff
Liverpool and Udinese are interested in signing Anzhi Makhachkala striker Lacina Traore, according to the player's agent Dmitry Selyuk.

Traore, who scored the only goal of the game as Anzhi beat Liverpool 1-0 in the Europa League last week, joined big-spending Anzhi at the end of June for a fee in the region of €18 million from fellow Russian club FC Kuban Krasnodar.
The striker has also played in Europe for CFR Cluj, where he scored two goals in the Champions League group stage in 2010-11 before moving to Russia and scoring 18 goals in 38 Premier League games for FC Kuban.
Traore is an Ivory Coast international up to Under-23 level and won a call-up into the full squad for this week's friendly against Austria following his performances for Anzhi. He has scored 11 goals this term, seven in the league and four in the Europe.
It would seem unlikely that Anzhi would be prepared to sell a player they signed less than five months ago so soon and would look for a sizeable profit on the fee they paid, which would appear to go against Liverpool's current transfer policy.
"Aside from Liverpool, Udinese are another on the list of clubs to have made contact about the purchase of Traore," Selyuk was quoted as saying by Russian newspaper Izvestia. "I'm afraid the Italian side won't be able to meet the player's valuation."
"At the moment Lacina is happy with his situation at Anzhi. Not long ago he signed a contract until June 2016. There's no reason for Traore to rush."
It comes two days after Traore told Sky Sports he would be open to a move to England.
"England is a great place to play, I am no different to any other player," Traore said. "It is a dream but I am happy here, although you never know."
Former Russia international Andrei Kanchelskis told Izvestia he believes Traore would suit the English game.
"Traore has all the attributes, height, technique, speed, in order to start playing in England," the former Manchester United and Everton winger said. "For Liverpool, he would be a good buy, especially givent the current state of affairs in the team.
"In any case, if he receives offers from Premier League teams and especially from Liverpool, he has to go. How much have Liverpool won in their history? And how much have Anzhi won? Let's not talk about it, it's ridiculous."
The quote from the agent ("Aside from Liverpool, Udinese are another on the list of clubs to have made contact about the purchase of Traore") seems to imply that we have made contact to inquiry about Traore. As the article mentions his price will probably be inflated since they signed him so recently, so there is probably nothing in it.

Any thoughts?

Lucas

I call bullshit. If we wanted someone above 6' 3" we'd have kept Big Andy, in my opinion. Traore's touch has been poor in the games i've watched this season, and, apart from the flick over Coates, he's been average - oh and his finishing has also been poor. I really can't see us going for him.

P.S. if we end up signing him, feel free to quote this post back to me.

OhYaBeauty

I call bullshit. If we wanted someone above 6' 3" we'd have kept Big Andy, in my opinion. Traore's touch has been poor in the games i've watched this season, and, apart from the flick over Coates, he's been average - oh and his finishing has also been poor. I really can't see us going for him.

P.S. if we end up signing him, feel free to quote this post back to me.
I'll bite. He actually hasn't been poor at all this season; he's got great touch for a big man and is much more Peter Crouch than Andy Carroll. As for his finishing, he's got 8 in 12 since his move to Anzhi, which isn't a bad haul at all.

That being said, I don't want him. He's just gone to Anzhi, so will be overpriced. He still isn't good enough with the ball to fit our system and he wouldn't be able to interchange positions like the (preferably left footed, right sided) forward we buy in January should be able to.

Lucas

Fair play, you probably watch more of him than me (which admittedly isn't hard), just from the few matches i've seen, he hasn't been anything special - his height being the only standout feature really. I reckon Rodgers will be looking for the smaller, speedier, technical players like at Swansea

kylel39

Never bite the hand that feed's you.......Luis
From the small amount I've seen of him I'd say he's fucking shite. Avoid, swerve and dodge to the best of our ability.
This basically, maybe not quite as harsh.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
If we're looking for a taller player with technique I'd far rather see Ngoo brought into the first team. With time he'd be a much better and more accomplished player than Traore

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Any chance we could ban anything that comes out of an agents mouth from the site.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Terrible link work. Doesn't even go beyond the Europa League group. Surprised Young Boys aren't interested.

Not what we need.

next

SF Red

TIA Regular
Poor man's Crouch ...
Damien Comolli's Crouch - not as good but more expensive.

That being said, his touch is much better than Carroll's - but that is not saying much. I think he is/will be a decent player, but not what we need.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Why would we bother, it's probably his agent having a wet dream, this would be adding more mediocrity to some we already have.

Dodgy

TIA Youth Team
The 'Little & Large' strike force went the way of the Dodo years ago.
And who cares about Traore's scoring record in the Russian Premier League. Might as well cite a player's scoring record from the Polish second division.

If we wanted a big, lanky, hold up/target man we would have kept Carroll. Which we didn't.

We need a clinical finisher who gets in the box and buries the ball in the net.

This smells like an agent bigging his client up.

End Of Rant :)

sami

TIA First Team
Really? Lacina Traore? Seriously?

He is such a god awful footballer. He can barely move. Someone even said heading isn't his best ability. An alright first touch (not too often). Hes a pretty poor footballer and I wouldn't be pleased if we went in for him.

Honestly, and I mean honestly, i'd take Heskey back instead.

So he has a good record in the Russian league, but so many others who failed elsewhere are able to do well in the Russian League/Turkish League/Greek League etc. Wouldn't want him!

Status
Not open for further replies.