Lazar Marković (RW) to ANYONE. PLEASE, SOMEONE FUCKING TAKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeting

Worse than useless for the U23s today. Statistically overage age players, almost without fail, dominate the U23 league. Markovic looked lost.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I think Gerrard was made up when we signed him, but has since been less than enamoured with Keane's time at the club which suggests there was more to it than just politics (although that too clearly had some impact).
Oh what is this "less than enamoured with kane's time here"? Never heard this before, have we got any links about this

Personally never a fan of kane's tbh, never wanted us to buy him. always thought he never actually played well but to give the lad his due, he did have an uncanny knack for getting goals for spurs and Ireland

redfanman

TIA Regular
Oh what is this "less than enamoured with kane's time here"? Never heard this before, have we got any links about this

Personally never a fan of kane's tbh, never wanted us to buy him. always thought he never actually played well but to give the lad his due, he did have an uncanny knack for getting goals for spurs and Ireland
If i remember correctly i think he either took issue with keane's committment to training - i.e he might have liked to drink the night before a bit too often or an inability to follow Rafa's directions. When Keane was signed i think Gerrard was really excited, so i imagine something like this must be the case for him to feel so differently less than a season later.

Red over the water

The time to get Robbie Keane was when he was a youngster after he left Wolves. I think he would have had a good career with us then. As it was we bought him pretty late in in his career. He was never a bad player for us, but was never the sort of signing, at that stage, that got the pulse racing either. Obviously a lot better than Markovic, but not nearly the same level as quite a few we’ve had.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
can we throw him at the end of the driveway with a "free" sign on him, as long as they take 50% of his weekly wage?

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
We need to be smart about this and offer him some free Mandarin lessons.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Those who do nothing are usually worse than those who do something, though you could say that red card didn’t help, hopefully see the last of the Rodgers era go this summer (well those who haven’t come on)

FilthyBloke

Markovic has every right to run his contract down.
Just like Bogdan did. Just like every other mediocre player on massive money will.
It’s not his fault he’s not good enough but to expect him to hand his lottery ticket back because it doesn’t benefit us as a club is ridiculous.

I mean, we actually have players at the club who are on several times what markovic is on who don’t even know how to run anymore.

Markovic was just not good enough. He’s a championship player. I won’t miss him. But I don’t blame him either.

GaryBarlow99

Markovic has every right to run his contract down.
Just like Bogdan did. Just like every other mediocre player on massive money will.
It’s not his fault he’s not good enough but to expect him to hand his lottery ticket back because it doesn’t benefit us as a club is ridiculous.

I mean, we actually have players at the club who are on several times what markovic is on who don’t even know how to run anymore.

Markovic was just not good enough. He’s a championship player. I won’t miss him. But I don’t blame him either.
Nah, not having that. The little prick complained about not being given a chance to leave and when the opportunity arose last year he decided to stay. Fuck him. Hope nobody takes a chance on him after he leaves in the summer.

Rooster

What a hit son
He could show a bit of fucking effort at the very least,he's on paid holiday by the fucking looks of it.
Correct. I watched the game the other day and he was having a laugh. Trotting around.

He was a bit unlucky with that red card a few years ago but gee what a disappointment. This can’t end quick enough.

FilthyBloke

When does his contract run out?
And I’m not saying his commitment or attitude or quality was/is up to scratch. I’m saying it’s his choice.
Every now and then we get players who annoy everyone and just run their contract down.
I can think back to Diouf. I wanted him gone but he just milked us.
It happens. Konchesky. Bogdan. The list goes on.
I’m just glad that we are moaning at a meaningless squad player milking the club rather than a Mike Ashley owner.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
When does his contract run out?
And I’m not saying his commitment or attitude or quality was/is up to scratch. I’m saying it’s his choice.
Every now and then we get players who annoy everyone and just run their contract down.
I can think back to Diouf. I wanted him gone but he just milked us.
It happens. Konchesky. Bogdan. The list goes on.
I’m just glad that we are moaning at a meaningless squad player milking the club rather than a Mike Ashley owner.
He is gone this June. In some ways, it is surprising that he has not signed a pre-contract for the summer window - and it is not at all a good sign for his prospects.

FilthyBloke

He is gone this June. In some ways, it is surprising that he has not signed a pre-contract for the summer window - and it is not at all a good sign for his prospects.
No, that’s not good. Though I’m sure he will find someone. Even if it’s some Finnish team. Or USA. Or Everton.
With him, sturridge and Moreno leaving... and possibly Milner... that frees up a lot of cash.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
No, that’s not good. Though I’m sure he will find someone. Even if it’s some Finnish team. Or USA. Or Everton.
With him, sturridge and Moreno leaving... and possibly Milner... that frees up a lot of cash.
I am sure he will find someone, but my suspicion is that he and/or his agent have a wildly different sense of where that will be and how much he is worth as compared to the general market sense. He may be looking at something on the order of an 80% pay cut.

Trader

That's a given. Every Club or a business has a P&L ledger that they need to look at.

Not blaming Lazar. Ideally, Liverpool should have handled him better and given him some playing time so that an alternate club gets a good sighter at him and takes the risk.
That's the problem when we lose cup matches early on. Very unfortunate.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I am sure he will find someone, but my suspicion is that he and/or his agent have a wildly different sense of where that will be and how much he is worth as compared to the general market sense. He may be looking at something on the order of an 80% pay cut.
He's killed his career by rejecting the Anderlecht move. What reputation he had left went down the toilet. Even as a free agent he might struggle to get an offer off someone that matches what he's already rejected. I think he made a terrible decision. He had a real chance to relaunch his career.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
if his contract runs out in june, then from january on he is able to talk to clubs and agree something... which basically means, he is gone ! Im not surprised he isnt playing with gusto, he wont want to get injured and spoil his chances.

Lots of players who lose form get moved on quickly, or get replaced by more expensive players and dont even get a place on the bench. Clubs can be very quick to off load or sideline players. Im not surprised a few players do the opposite and sit out long contracts.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Might be the most useless signing this club has made in recent memory. There have been disappointments, of course, but Markovic has basically been persona non grata for years now.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Might be the most useless signing this club has made in recent memory. There have been disappointments, of course, but Markovic has basically been persona non grata for years now.
I don’t think he chose not to play for us, he’s been shipped out everywhere and it didn’t work out for him and we can’t sell him. If he’s English we would have sold him because clubs would always look for that home grown or train thing. He isn’t so too bad for him.

Useless signing we have abundance and I think if anyone were to blame for buying him at such exorbitant amount of money it has to be the people in charge.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I don’t think he chose not to play for us, he’s been shipped out everywhere and it didn’t work out for him and we can’t sell him. If he’s English we would have sold him because clubs would always look for that home grown or train thing. He isn’t so too bad for him.

Useless signing we have abundance and I think if anyone were to blame for buying him at such exorbitant amount of money it has to be the people in charge.
...I never said he chose not to play for us. I think if it was up to him, he would be playing.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
He had a good loan spell at Hull though. It was a bit unfortunate that they got relegated that year, otherwise they'd certainly have taken a punt on him for the following season.

Redopium

Rumours two clubs are interested in him this window one from Mexico and one from China. Fingers crossed.:well done:

Status
Not open for further replies.