• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Lazar Marković (RW) to ANYONE. PLEASE, SOMEONE FUCKING TAKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader

That's a given. Every Club or a business has a P&L ledger that they need to look at.

Not blaming Lazar. Ideally, Liverpool should have handled him better and given him some playing time so that an alternate club gets a good sighter at him and takes the risk.
That's the problem when we lose cup matches early on. Very unfortunate.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I am sure he will find someone, but my suspicion is that he and/or his agent have a wildly different sense of where that will be and how much he is worth as compared to the general market sense. He may be looking at something on the order of an 80% pay cut.
He's killed his career by rejecting the Anderlecht move. What reputation he had left went down the toilet. Even as a free agent he might struggle to get an offer off someone that matches what he's already rejected. I think he made a terrible decision. He had a real chance to relaunch his career.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
if his contract runs out in june, then from january on he is able to talk to clubs and agree something... which basically means, he is gone ! Im not surprised he isnt playing with gusto, he wont want to get injured and spoil his chances.

Lots of players who lose form get moved on quickly, or get replaced by more expensive players and dont even get a place on the bench. Clubs can be very quick to off load or sideline players. Im not surprised a few players do the opposite and sit out long contracts.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Might be the most useless signing this club has made in recent memory. There have been disappointments, of course, but Markovic has basically been persona non grata for years now.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Might be the most useless signing this club has made in recent memory. There have been disappointments, of course, but Markovic has basically been persona non grata for years now.
I don’t think he chose not to play for us, he’s been shipped out everywhere and it didn’t work out for him and we can’t sell him. If he’s English we would have sold him because clubs would always look for that home grown or train thing. He isn’t so too bad for him.

Useless signing we have abundance and I think if anyone were to blame for buying him at such exorbitant amount of money it has to be the people in charge.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I don’t think he chose not to play for us, he’s been shipped out everywhere and it didn’t work out for him and we can’t sell him. If he’s English we would have sold him because clubs would always look for that home grown or train thing. He isn’t so too bad for him.

Useless signing we have abundance and I think if anyone were to blame for buying him at such exorbitant amount of money it has to be the people in charge.
...I never said he chose not to play for us. I think if it was up to him, he would be playing.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
He had a good loan spell at Hull though. It was a bit unfortunate that they got relegated that year, otherwise they'd certainly have taken a punt on him for the following season.

Redopium

Rumours two clubs are interested in him this window one from Mexico and one from China. Fingers crossed.:well done:

NorwayFan

Markovic has every right to run his contract down.
Just like Bogdan did. Just like every other mediocre player on massive money will.
It’s not his fault he’s not good enough but to expect him to hand his lottery ticket back because it doesn’t benefit us as a club is ridiculous.

I mean, we actually have players at the club who are on several times what markovic is on who don’t even know how to run anymore.

Markovic was just not good enough. He’s a championship player. I won’t miss him. But I don’t blame him either.
Well, I think we should get some things straight here... I think everyone understands that Markovic has "every right to run his contract down". I think most even can relate to his choice to earn good money. But guess what, that is not the point. The criticism from fans can probably be summed up in one tiny word: Respect. Or more correctly, lack of. Many fans ask what are Markovic ambitions as a footballer. What is the motivation of any top player? Of course money may be an important part. But as fans, we also expect a personal drive to become a good player as possible. A personal drive to reach as far as possible. A personal drive to follow that childhood dream to be a football star. A personal drive to be popular among fans. A personal drive to reach your goals in life. A true desire to help your club. The things that create, well, respect... And then you have the wish and hunger for the money. Understandable, yes. Create respect? Not so much. Add a club like Liverpool, and you can include factors like passion, history, pride, trophies, ambitions and honor. Then you can think about Markovic again. Is it ridiculous to expect such things from a Liverpool player? From someone who was hailed as one of "the next big things" in football? We shouldn't blame Markovic? Really? Thing is, we don't blame him for getting rich. Who wouldn't. But he is to blame for all those other things. And that is a very important difference... Because every single player who wears a Liverpool shirt, is expected to have the ambitions, qualities and personal attributes I mentioned above. That personal drive, if you will. And yes, we should also blame those who unfortunately brought Markovic to the club. But I think they already know it.

Do we understand Markovic choices? Yes, of course. Do we respect him? No, not at all. You get what you give. Including respect. And that is exactly why we blame him. Because this is Liverpool Football Club. At this beautiful family and professional organisation, there are values more important than money. Values that are built on, and creates, that tiny but so important one factor: Respect. That should be worth more than any lottery ticket. And I am sure the portuguese knows it, whether he puts in a tackle at the academy training ground, or passes fans on the streets of the city.

We are Liverpool. Markovic is not. So he will never have our respect. At least not mine.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Well, I think we should get some things straight here... I think everyone understands that Markovic has "every right to run his contract down". I think most even can relate to his choice to earn good money. But guess what, that is not the point. The criticism from fans can probably be summed up in one tiny word: Respect. Or more correctly, lack of. Many fans ask what are Markovic ambitions as a footballer. What is the motivation of any top player? Of course money may be an important part. But as fans, we also expect a personal drive to become a good player as possible. A personal drive to reach as far as possible. A personal drive to follow that childhood dream to be a football star. A personal drive to be popular among fans. A personal drive to reach your goals in life. A true desire to help your club. The things that create, well, respect... And then you have the wish and hunger for the money. Understandable, yes. Create respect? Not so much. Add a club like Liverpool, and you can include factors like passion, history, pride, trophies, ambitions and honor. Then you can think about Markovic again. Is it ridiculous to expect such things from a Liverpool player? From someone who was hailed as one of "the next big things" in football? We shouldn't blame Markovic? Really? Thing is, we don't blame him for getting rich. Who wouldn't. But he is to blame for all those other things. And that is a very important difference... Because every single player who wears a Liverpool shirt, is expected to have the ambitions, qualities and personal attributes I mentioned above. That personal drive, if you will. And yes, we should also blame those who unfortunately brought Markovic to the club. But I think they already know it.

Do we understand Markovic choices? Yes, of course. Do we respect him? No, not at all. You get what you give. Including respect. And that is exactly why we blame him. Because this is Liverpool Football Club. At this beautiful family and professional organisation, there are values more important than money. Values that are built on, and creates, that tiny but so important one factor: Respect. That should be worth more than any lottery ticket. And I am sure the portuguese knows it, whether he puts in a tackle at the academy training ground, or passes fans on the streets of the city.

We are Liverpool. Markovic is not. So he will never have our respect. At least not mine.
Contracts work both ways, and while it’s annoying that Lazar has proved to be not worth the five year one we gave him, had he been Ronaldo II, that contract would have protected us from Real or Barca swooping in and taking him for free.

Imagine what Football would be if players could just lash in a months notice and walk. So while it’s annoying that a Markovic can just put his feet up for five years, it’s worth one of those every now and then.

Besides it is up to the club to do greater diligence on the mentality of signings. That seems to be normal now, but the summer we signed Lazar we also signed Balotelli, which should tell you what was going on at the club back then.

Markovic should go down as the worst signing in our history. £20m, when that was a decent amount. Did fuck all, and pocketed millions more in wage. Left on a free.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I hear he has spent a lot of it on imported recreational goods from South America.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
I hear he has spent a lot of it on imported recreational goods from South America.
Is there really need for that hearsay? Strange how that always circulates about players we don't want and not Mo and Virg

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Surely if he did, and some pleb ( no offence) with no connections knows, the club would test him randomly and have grounds to dismiss him.

Pay for some help for him and get rid.

He wouldn’t be featuring even in the under 23s

I get how it’s frustrating, but not everyone can or does flourish in professional football.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Is there really need for that hearsay? Strange how that always circulates about players we don't want and not Mo and Virg
Furthermore, @epsomred, can you please remember that in posting here you are essentially broadcasting your opinion in a public space. If you wouldn’t say it on the radio please don’t say it here.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Furthermore, @epsomred, can you please remember that in posting here you are essentially broadcasting your opinion in a public space. If you wouldn’t say it on the radio please don’t say it here.
Oh he's talking about drugs, I thought he was on about anal dildos and butt plugs

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Ok point taken.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.

I don’t know markovic well enough to question his drive or ambition. Maybe all this time he has just been waiting for that one chance, or maybe he is just being greedy.

What I do know is he has never dragged our clubs name through the mud or truly disrespected us (see Diouf, Suarez and Istandje for a few examples), he has never been in trouble with the police as far as I am aware like a few of our recent players have and he has never missed training.
We have defended many worse characters than him.

GaryBarlow99

I don’t know markovic well enough to question his drive or ambition. Maybe all this time he has just been waiting for that one chance, or maybe he is just being greedy.

What I do know is he has never dragged our clubs name through the mud or truly disrespected us (see Diouf, Suarez and Istandje for a few examples), he has never been in trouble with the police as far as I am aware like a few of our recent players have and he has never missed training.
You are Lazar and I claim my £5

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I wish I was sitting on his contract. Doing nothing but keeping fit.

I just don’t get all this hatred for him. For me he is a bad signing. Because it didn’t work out mainly because he’s not good enough.
But balotelli was far worse. His attitude stank. He cost a fair bit more in wages as well. He couldn’t care less.
Lazar might just be staying for as long as he can because he knows he will never be at such an establishment again. Maybe he loves being part of it all. I don’t know.

But all this talk of him being worst signing ever is just ridiculous.

GaryBarlow99

I wish I was sitting on his contract. Doing nothing but keeping fit.

I just don’t get all this hatred for him. For me he is a bad signing. Because it didn’t work out mainly because he’s not good enough.
But balotelli was far worse. His attitude stank. He cost a fair bit more in wages as well. He couldn’t care less.
Lazar might just be staying for as long as he can because he knows he will never be at such an establishment again. Maybe he loves being part of it all. I don’t know.

But all this talk of him being worst signing ever is just ridiculous.
I don't hate the lad and I don't have an issue with players like Enrique running down their contracts. The main gripe I have with Markovic and I would imagine most others do is that he gave an interview last summer saying he just wanted to play football and we were pricing him out of a move. We then agreed a cut price deal with Anderlecht to let him get his career back on track and the move breaks down due to him not agreeing personal terms. He then tweets about it not being about money but doesn't say what the issue was. I think we can all assume it was wage related. And sorry mate but he is easily the worst signing we have made.

Hope in your heart

Admin

What I do know is he has never dragged our clubs name through the mud or truly disrespected us (see Diouf, Suarez and Itandje for a few examples), he has never been in trouble with the police as far as I am aware like a few of our recent players have and he has never missed training.
Suarez?!? :indifferent:

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I don't hate the lad and I don't have an issue with players like Enrique running down their contracts. The main gripe I have with Markovic and I would imagine most others do is that he gave an interview last summer saying he just wanted to play football and we were pricing him out of a move. We then agreed a cut price deal with Anderlecht to let him get his career back on track and the move breaks down due to him not agreeing personal terms. He then tweets about it not being about money but doesn't say what the issue was. I think we can all assume it was wage related. And sorry mate but he is easily the worst signing we have made.
I disagree.
We can assume all we want but only he knows.
And he is far from our worst signing.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Yes. And this is a player I loved. But the racism charge was horribly handled and Kenny was left to dry because of it, and the biting incident was shameful.
I found it a bit strange to see him listed alongside Diouf and Itandje to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.