• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Lazar Marković (RW) to ANYONE. PLEASE, SOMEONE FUCKING TAKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Let's run a bit of math on that common sense. Maybe he is on around £3/3.5 million per year now. Has a maximum of one year on that contract. Has now harmed his reputation badly and may not get any better wages elsewhere than £0.5 million per year. However he had the option to move somewhere for playing time at around £1 million per year, would have probably signed a 3 or 4 year deal. Would have sacrificed £2/2.5 million in his first year. If by common sense you are only looking at what you earn in year one then yes he has made the right choice. If you are looking at what's most likely to earn you more money over the course of your career then no it's not common sense. If he'd moved to Anderlecht and done at least ok then he probably would have landed a better move within a year or two. He's got a high profile and teams like Lyon, Fiorentina, Southampton and Seville would probably have decided he'd be worth a stab at after "turning his career around"! Nothing is guaranteed but I suspect he'll now never earn the kind of money that Anderlecht would have signed him to last year. And his career will go down the drain from here. Who would ever take a chance on him when he's never proven anything and there's so much talent out there.

Where’d you pull your figures from?

Or are they just simply made up to ‘prove’ your point.

I’m not against a bit of speculation, but your banging on about these figures as though they are gospel.

For all we know anderlecht might have said ‘ hold on for 12 months as we’ve got some contracts expiring, we can shuffle a bit more your way if you keep yourself fit and injury free’

I’m not saying your scenario is not possible, it’s jyst that you’ve based your whole debate regarding Markovic on this assumption that this current ‘year out’ of the game halves his earning potential.

It probably means sweet fanny Adams in the overall scheme of things.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Was thinking about your comparison to bankers @lfc.eddie and a big difference is a person in a normal career would get sacked if they under performed so badly.
This is true, but a person in a normal career can hand in their notice and move on for nothing if they over-perform.

Contracts protect the club as well as the player.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Let's run a bit of math on that common sense. Maybe he is on around £3/3.5 million per year now. Has a maximum of one year on that contract. Has now harmed his reputation badly and may not get any better wages elsewhere than £0.5 million per year. However he had the option to move somewhere for playing time at around £1 million per year, would have probably signed a 3 or 4 year deal. Would have sacrificed £2/2.5 million in his first year. If by common sense you are only looking at what you earn in year one then yes he has made the right choice. If you are looking at what's most likely to earn you more money over the course of your career then no it's not common sense. If he'd moved to Anderlecht and done at least ok then he probably would have landed a better move within a year or two. He's got a high profile and teams like Lyon, Fiorentina, Southampton and Seville would probably have decided he'd be worth a stab at after "turning his career around"! Nothing is guaranteed but I suspect he'll now never earn the kind of money that Anderlecht would have signed him to last year. And his career will go down the drain from here. Who would ever take a chance on him when he's never proven anything and there's so much talent out there.
I don't think that really holds up at somewhere like Anderlecht. He would not likely be anywhere near 1M a year had he gone there - more likely that he earned more this year at LFC than he would in 5 years at Anderlecht. My guess is his agent was convinced he could probably wind up somewhere in Spain or Italy for a little more, and a significantly better chance of moving upward sooner. There is still a reasonable chance of that, I suspect, though I agree losing a year of playing time isn't going to make that easier. Frankly, when that deal collapsed I expected his agent would be pushing for a loan out this January.

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I don't that really holds up at somewhere like Anderlecht. He would not likely be anywhere near 1M a year had he gone there - more likely that he earned more this year at LFC than he would in 5 years at Anderlecht. My guess is his agent was convinced he could probably wind up somewhere in Spain or Italy for a little more, and a significantly better chance of moving upward sooner. There is still a reasonable chance of that, I suspect, though I agree losing a year of playing time isn't going to make that easier. Frankly, when that deal collapsed I expected his agent would be pushing for a loan out this January.
I literally have no ideas on figures I used those for comparison purposes only to give an idea. I can't imagine his basic with us is more than around £65k a week. I used a 20k and 10k a week wage to compare but I struggle to see where a club of Anderlecht or higher level is going to come in with an offer. He's literally proven nothing except a desire to get paid. Hes not a younger kid any more.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I literally have no ideas on figures I used those for comparison purposes only to give an idea. I can't imagine his basic with us is more than around £65k a week. I used a 20k and 10k a week wage to compare but I struggle to see where a club of Anderlecht or higher level is going to come in with an offer. He's literally proven nothing except a desire to get paid. Hes not a younger kid any more.
He is earning about 1.8M a year. Anderlecht have suggested that he was offered about their average, just under a third of that, on a three year deal. His age probably makes him more careful about trading off current income - at 22, going to Anderlecht for perhaps 3 years would have made more sense than going there for his prime 24-27 years.

I think he will probably get an offer somewhere - for less than Anderlecht, to be sure. But his stock was at one point so high that there is very likely someone somewhere who sees a 'money ball' play. Lower midtable in La Liga or the like. As I say, I actually suspected that that prospect on a free was what blew up Anderlecht, and expected we would see Act 2 this January window.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
He is earning about 1.8M a year. Anderlecht have suggested that he was offered about their average, just under a third of that, on a three year deal. His age probably makes him more careful about trading off current income - at 22, going to Anderlecht for perhaps 3 years would have made more sense than going there for his prime 24-27 years.

I think he will probably get an offer somewhere - for less than Anderlecht, to be sure. But his stock was at one point so high that there is very likely someone somewhere who sees a 'money ball' play. Lower midtable in La Liga or the like. As I say, I actually suspected that that prospect on a free was what blew up Anderlecht, and expected we would see Act 2 this January window.
I'm quite sure that he could make it at a lower PL club too. His spell at Hull was excellent for them and for him. The fact that they went down that year wasn't down to him not performing.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I'm quite sure that he could make it at a lower PL club too. His spell at Hull was excellent for them and for him. The fact that they went down that year wasn't down to him not performing.
I assume he wants to get out of England, and La Liga is probably more conducive to his style than Serie A, and the midtable clubs there will be more likely to recall his Benfica time.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I assume he wants to get out of England, and La Liga is probably more conducive to his style than Serie A, and the midtable clubs there will be more likely to recall his Benfica time.
Oh absolutely. My point about Hull and the PL was just to say that he isn't so bad that no club would at all be interested in him. A lower table La Liga club would certainly be interested to at least take a look at him, as would probably any lower table team of any top league in Europe. And it's not as if he's nearing his thirties or something. There is still plenty of time for him to make up for the lost time. Not at the highest level though, that train has obviously left already.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
This is true, but a person in a normal career can hand in their notice and move on for nothing if they over-perform.

Contracts protect the club as well as the player.
In Markovics case though he would of been given his marching orders years ago and would of had to find another club. I think if hed wanted to play football he could of but was happier with more money. I cant judge him for that I dont know if id have the strength to turn down as much money as he would of maybe had to.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
The guys milked us an thats that really. Not saying he intended to when he signed. He probably dreamed of making it big here.

Was thinking about your comparison to bankers @lfc.eddie and a big difference is a person in a normal career would get sacked if they under performed so badly.
You can't sack someone if you haven't given him the chance for what you've paid him for. Markovic to me is like the banker who got pushed to being a telecalling sales executive. His fault for not proving himself. The team's fault firstly for hiring him in the first place and secondly for not even trying

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
That Klopp can't even get him motivated says a lot about him IMO.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
That Klopp can't even get him motivated says a lot about him IMO.
Yeah that bloody Jurgen fellow, needs to go to Jose Special Motivating School of Special-one-ness.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Markovic to Fulham on a permanent deal, as just reported on NBCSN.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Nooooo! Getting rid of Clyne was bad enough... but if lazar goes we have absolutely no cover for...... wait. Wait a minute. Just how many injuries would it take before lazar got picked? 13?
I hope if it’s true and he goes go to Fulham it’s to convince them that sessegnon is better off here.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
lollollol

F*cking hell. Markovic and Babel. Everything I hate about football. Please make it happen.

We're not that lucky though... Fulham are desperate enough to offer us a few bobs, but Lazar is probably drunk and asleep and his agent can't wake him up.

Libero

He's gone ! What a sad day... know more Markovic gags

Markovic and Babel on the flanks for Fulham lol

Libero

Lazar Markovic has joined Fulham on a free transfer, with the club saying they "received very good recommendations from Aleksandar Mitrović regarding the player."
Presumably that he will not try and take a penalty and can get through a yoga session without having a scrap.

Atta boy Mitro

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Lazar Markovic has joined Fulham on a free transfer, with the club saying they "received very good recommendations from Aleksandar Mitrović regarding the player."
Presumably that he will not try and take a penalty and can get through a yoga session without having a scrap.

Atta boy Mitro
Can't believe Edwards managed to shift him for nothing. Fulham have been mugged off here.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Edwards coming up trumps again,Markovic off the books and saving us over £1mill+ in wages at the same time,great bit of business.

Red over the water

It’s a free hit for Fulham. Free player, they pay some wages while they are in the Prem. If he contributes and they stay up they might keep him. If they go down they’ve no commitment beyond the season so won’t be lumbered with big wages as a Championship team.

At one point not too long ago he looked promising enough for us to spend £20M, when that was a tidy sum. OK he never lived up to it and then we changed manager and the whole team moved on leaps and bounds.

Even so, good luck to Markovic. I hope he’s able to find some form and rediscover something at Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.