• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Lazar Marković (RW) to ANYONE. PLEASE, SOMEONE FUCKING TAKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
congrats to the lad for having enough faith in his own ability to get a move to a prem club instead of a belgium one.

the hard work of getting your career back on track starts now, and after the absolute pelters thrown your way Marko, for doing nothing more that waiting for the right offer AND trusting yourself i think you deserve a bit of credit.

good luck Marko, i wont say YNWA, becuase you obviously have been for a while already.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I wish the man no ill will, and hope he’s able to ressurect his career at Fulham - be curious to see how it works out, given the attitude he’s reportedly shown and the fact they’re already fairly sorted for wingers. Hopefully he’ll get a chance to prove himself and get back on track.

From our perspective, glad to finally close the book on this.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
That's an interesting move. Ranieri is no slouch as we know, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Markovic having a bit of a revival to his career under his orders. He has been unlucky while with us imo (injuries at bad moments, being the subject of a tug of war between Rodgers and the transfer committee, and then being progressively outgrown by the squad after Klopp's arrival), but he probably wasn't cut for our level from the off. So for me, if someone is to blame for all of this, it's the club, and not the player.

Fulham on the other hand, as I wrote a few days ago in this thread, could be a level which suits him, we'll see. Good luck to him for the future, apart from when he plays against us!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Surprising that Ranieri would go for him, they are not short of attackers but they are in need of defenders. I guess, Ranieri must think this fella could play as wingback or something?

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Well done Edwards!!
Just to add a bit of moan here: Given he went on a free with only a 6month contract, would it have been better to let him go on loan until 30/6 instead so that he couldnt play out of his skin when we go to craven cottage? Or is that too unfuckingbelievable?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Possibly gets a chance there yeah. He wasn't bad under Rodgers playing LWB in a 3 at the back.

lol

Limiescouse

My brother in law used to be a taxi driver and had a championship footballer in his cab, cant remember who but hes well known. They got talking and the player said he hated football but it turns out hes ok at it so its a job. He said he cant wait to retire and loads of other footy players feel the same. I was shocked hearing that but since then i came to realise it is very likely that players like Markovic are happy not playing as long as the moneys still coming in, which it is for him.
You'd be surprised how many players this is true for then. I know only one person who I know well enough to know that he came to "hate" his experience, but that was here in the states (as an american player) where the money isn't as much of a counterbalancing factor. However, in my experience players who view it simply as a job are more common than players who view it as an opportunity to live out their dreams. For lots of these guys it takes years to realise this because it is the only thing they have ever known. They know they got into it because they love it and as they know no different they just keep associating playing with that childhood love for the sport. Then one day they wake up and realise that it ceased to be fun a long time ago, that they are nothing but a commodity than can be chewed up, spit out, and abused on social media. The only thing they have in their favour in the financial commitment that has been made to them.

It is yet another reason why Klopp is such a remarkable and important person to have at the club. One of his strengths is finding a way to reconnect his players to the child like love they had for the game, and you can get a lot more out of those players than you can out of players who view it as a job. This explains why his attitude to situations like the Draxler move are what they are. The flip side of that is the human attitude towards players like Clyne. You cannot have the good without this side of it either otherwise it doesnt work. His philosophy is essentially to say come and play for me. It will be hard work, but you will love it. And if you come not to we will help you find somewhere else to go.

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
My brother in law used to be a taxi driver and had a championship footballer in his cab, cant remember who but hes well known. They got talking and the player said he hated football but it turns out hes ok at it so its a job. He said he cant wait to retire and loads of other footy players feel the same. I was shocked hearing that but since then i came to realise it is very likely that players like Markovic are happy not playing as long as the moneys still coming in, which it is for him.
Peter Beardsley said much the dame in his autobiography. Apparently he was amongst a minority in the team who actually enjoyed playing. The rest hated the stress, the scrutiny etc and couldn’t wait to retire.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
He has an opportunity to redeem himself and pay back the 20 million we wasted on him, by scoring the winning goal when Fulham play Man City next month :rolleyes:.
The orders are pretty simple from the board go to Fulham execute winning goal.

TAA-Team

Let's be honest he always looked like he'd won a competition to play for Anfield. He might do half decent at Fulham, like when he had glimpses of talent while at Hull. But ultimately he'll go down in the 'quickly forgotten' category.

redalways

TIA Regular
I sincerely do wish him all the best, it seems like he was the victim of unfortunate circumstances here, which only compounded with his seeming lack of motivation to try. Hopefully this Fulham move will be a fresh start for him and he can do well (except against us of course)

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Let's be honest he always looked like he'd won a competition to play for Anfield. He might do half decent at Fulham, like when he had glimpses of talent while at Hull. But ultimately he'll go down in the 'quickly forgotten' category.
I won't forget the fact that slightly more than a quarter of Suarez' fee went into his signature. Between him and Balotelli, almost half of that was spurned... Nightmare scenario. Anyway, I can only hope my opinion of him doesn't come back to bite me as there are not enough words for me to express my disappointment regarding this transfer, first from the fact that Liverpool even looked to sign him for that amount of money and then with him for digging in and wasting career away instead of playing somewhere else (there's always a place for a quick winger with decent touch in modern football). Good riddance.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
That was pretty much a terrible summer yeah, apart from a few who took a while to show something (Lovren and Lallana). But right at the start, probably only Can and Origi in terms of potential v price. Those were good deals. I didn't even like the Lambert signing. But Downing (those final few months when he was decent at RW aside) and Markovic epitomize the pain of needing a winger (or wingers) for, what, more than a decade and throwing big money (at the time) on such flops. Sterling probably realized in Markovic's first training session that this guy would never threaten his position, not to mention Ibe.

I'm saying this even as someone from the Balkans... just avoid this part of Europe, at least until we change our scouts!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.