Lazar Marković (RW) to ANYONE. PLEASE, SOMEONE FUCKING TAKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Huh? How does that make any sense? :eh?: Sooner or later, Lallana will break down again and be out for a few weeks, if not months (isn't he injured again already?), and Ibe will have highs and lows, that's guaranteed as a young player. So, who will play in that forward line? In a 433, we'll have Benteke, Coutinho and Firmino as usual starters, with Sturridge eventually coming back into the mix and contending for a place as well. But apart from that? We'll again be dramatically short in these positions.

We have a gruelling fixture list in front of us, with a lot of travels, and I suspect that Rodgers might again underestimate what it will take in terms of freshness and fitness. For Markovic's development, such a move might maybe make sense, although buckling down, staying at the club and getting a run of starts in the Europa League games would be a much better option imo. But for the club, that would be a definite own-goal in my book.

Cue the usual excuses propping up in a few months about a lack of quality depth in the squad... :unhappy:

Edit: forgot about Ings and Origi... maybe Rodgers has decided that they are ahead of Markovic in their development and quality, so maybe that makes sense after all... not being optimistic about the lad's chances to make it here then... 20m down the drain... again...
We do have depth issues in the squad, but not where Markovic plays. My fear is at fullback. With Flanagan injured, we dont really have much cover at RB, which impacts further on our ability to rest Gomez.

Gunday

It seems the deal is sealed. Below is the arrival of Markovic to Istanbul and he has a Fenerbahce scarf on. The second link shows him taking a physical test for Fenerbahce. It would be extraordinary to see the deal fall through after this. As for the Turkish media, this is a one-year deal with no future buy fee included. Apparently Fenerbahçe has tried hard to include in the deal an arranged future fee for him but Liverpool insistently declined. No loan fee has been disclosed as of yet.
I have my hopes high about this transfer. I've known Markovic for some years now. I was excited to see him move to Benfica as well. I highly expect him to level up in the upcoming 2 or 3 seasons. It would be a huge shame if he doesn't. Fenerbahçe manager has so far deployed Nani on the right and Moussa Sow or Diego Ribas on the left but that has to change as Sow is sold and Diego failed to impress on the left wing and the manager has been put under harsh criticism. I'm guessing Nani on the left and Markovic on the right now, probably Diego as a 10 in the centre. To me it seems Markovic will be a regular at Saracoglu. They are a rather experienced team at the moment and some young dynamism like Markovic hass to offer is what the team needs. They're looking like an exciting team to follow in the upcoming season.
http://www.ntvspor.net/video-galeri/markovic-istanbulda
http://www.ntvspor.net/haber/futbol/137621/markovic-saglik-kontrolunden-gecti

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Probably and hopefully on his way soon, so this thread is re-opened.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
wasnt it Rodgers who bought him ? (then used him as a wing back ..hmmm)....

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Not sure how we are gonna adequately replace this guy, such has been his immense impact, will be greatly missed :think:

Dodge City

Watched him live at the Tranmere friendly. He was completely hopeless I'm afraid. Shinning the ball/misplaced 3 yard passes/out of position/leaden footed. He looked like he has forgotten how to play football. Very strange. I've never known such a "confidence" player at LFC. If I had no other option, I would let him go on a free and save on his wages. I cannot see him EVER pulling on an LFC shirt again. Any money LFC get for him is a bonus. He needs to go and rebuild his mojo at a lower prem/upper championship side.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Didn't play well against Tranmere, and yet, he had a more than decent spell at Hull last season when he was allowed a regular run in the team, and was instrumental in them turning the tables and saving themselves from relegation.

I wonder whether Klopp is ready to give up on him as rapidly as some posters in here, although that notion of having to fight for a place in the team, and being prepared to sit on the bench and coming in for a few minutes doesn't seem to sit well with him. He'd probably need to play week in week out in order to bring out his best (make no mistake, there is a good player in this lad), but there are better, established players sitting in front of him currently. A bit of a conundrum this, and thus it's probably better for him to look elsewhere for regular football.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I get what people say about Lazar. In all fairness he was totally fucked over by Rodgers.

We paid a shit load for him and then went on to play him out of position. No wonder he lost it

Good luck to the lad. This really is a case of it's not you it's us that ruined it.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
I get what people say about Lazar. In all fairness he was totally fucked over by Rodgers.

We paid a shit load for him and then went on to play him out of position. No wonder he lost it
Now why did you have to say that?

Completely ruins my hope that we'll get £20 million for him from Celtic...

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Now why did you have to say that?

Completely ruins my hope that we'll get £20 million for him from Celtic...
I am so sorry but £1.00 per week in a DM doesn't count

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

Good luck to the lad. This really is a case of it's not you it's us that ruined it.
But the question stands.... Is he a better human being after that education?

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
He has always puzzled me. Very highly rated at Benfica and we paid 20m for him back when that got you (in theory) a high quality player and he's still only 23-24. As we aren't going to get much for him, we should def have an onsell clause as he could still come good (maybe back in Portugal?).

Hoosier Red Fan

True Believer
My observation is that he is fleet of foot, but seems to struggle with the fluidity of Klopp's "system". A more traditional set-up would likely suit him better.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

I think that's a bit harsh on us. So he didn't play week in week out regardless of performance. Boo hoo. He showed nothing but flashes of flair everywhere he's ever been before and after we bought him. He's never been prolific. He's never been responsible for multiple chances. He also has a very lazy style or at the least a laid back demeanour. When we bought him it was OK, to an extent, as he was still a young talent. But in 3 years with multiple coaches he's not progressed at all. In fact all we've discovered is that the flair that got him noticed is dependent on confidence. I think there are multiple reasons Klopp isn't interested at all and neither was Rodgers. It's quite telling there isn't a lot of interest from anyone but lower premier league sides.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Didn't play well against Tranmere, and yet, he had a more than decent spell at Hull last season when he was allowed a regular run in the team, and was instrumental in them turning the tables and saving themselves from relegation.
Uh... Hope, Hull were relegated. And how was he instrumental? Two goals in 12 games, and from what I recall he looked decent for a match or two but was otherwise thoroughly unremarkable, just as he was on the occasions he played for us under BR.

Honestly, he's a lost cause. Get rid, take whatever we can get, and move on.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Uh... Hope, Hull were relegated. And how was he instrumental? Two goals in 12 games, and from what I recall he looked decent for a match or two but was otherwise thoroughly unremarkable, just as he was on the occasions he played for us under BR.

Honestly, he's a lost cause. Get rid, take whatever we can get, and move on.
Ah yeah, they were relegated, you're right... :shocked: anyway, I agree that he's probably finished here.

melbournered

Watery is how I would describe him.
Watery? In OZ we would call him weak as piss. Has some skill. All style, no substance. How much did we pay for him 20M? What a waste of money for a player ill suited to the Premier League. He reportably did okay in his loan spell, which quite frankly surprised me.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
I suspect he's either:

a) Just not good enough for this level, or
b) Not capable of performing with the pressures that a big club brings.

I have nothing against the lad but don't see any point in persisting when we have better players coming out the academy.

Poor Scouser Tommy

Sweet as a nut.
Marovic's problem is that he wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. He has no fight in him and just seemed to accept his fate very early under Rodgers and made no change when Klopp came in. Watery is how I would describe him.
He talked a good fight when we signed him; letting everyone know what a winner he was.

Utter waste of resources and I really hope we get rid of him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.