Lazar Marković (RW) to ANYONE. PLEASE, SOMEONE FUCKING TAKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlcoutidge

Markovic must be our worst signing ever. Lad looks sort of like Messi so Rodgers splurged 20 mil on him. Never mind he looks 14 and couldn't score goals in the Portuguese league.

Iniesta and Messi are freaks. No other 5"6 lads who look like me at the beach are gonna become top football players. Most top football players look like van dijk and Ronaldo. Glad football clubs are beginning to remember that again instead of splashing on players like bojan and pato.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Reina
Johnson - Kyrgiakos - Skrtel - Koncheskey
Maxi - Gerrard - Poulsen - Cole
N'Gog - Jovanovic​

Yes, all those players were on the pitch at one time under Hodgson. A shittier Liverpool side, I cannot recall. I remember feeling so awful that Stevie, Pepe, and Maxi had to share the pitch with such utter fucking shite.

okocha10

Football Master
Markovic must be our worst signing ever. Lad looks sort of like Messi so Rodgers splurged 20 mil on him. Never mind he looks 14 and couldn't score goals in the Portuguese league.

Iniesta and Messi are freaks. No other 5"6 lads who look like me at the beach are gonna become top football players. Most top football players look like van dijk and Ronaldo. Glad football clubs are beginning to remember that again instead of splashing on players like bojan and pato.
Are you sure... Modric, Hazard, Coutinho, Mata, Alexis Sanches, Cazorla, Roberto Carlos, Lizarazu, Buonanotte, Xavi, Ortega... and many more that looks like Bojan, Pato or Markovic became very good footballers. The most important thing is size of the hearth.

ubermick

Admin
Jesus wept - another M (Purple Aki) Ti Red wannabe who's obsessed with players' muscles.

Samwise the Brave

Not even close
Aspas
Konchesky
Poulsen
Degen
Jovanovic
You forgot Voronin who I thought was worse than all of them. :)

Back to topic, though, Markovic should move on. It's for his own interest and ours - we never should have spent so much on him but he's a prime example of a good young player who never pushed on.

HKReds

You forgot Voronin who I thought was worse than all of them. :)

Back to topic, though, Markovic should move on. It's for his own interest and ours - we never should have spent so much on him but he's a prime example of a good young player who never pushed on.
For me, it has to be either Paul Ince or Julian Dicks. Never like their attitude before we signed them and was aghast when it happened.

sterlcoutidge

Are you sure... Modric, Hazard, Coutinho, Mata, Alexis Sanches, Cazorla, Roberto Carlos, Lizarazu, Buonanotte, Xavi, Ortega... and many more that looks like Bojan, Pato or Markovic became very good footballers. The most important thing is size of the hearth.
I don't look like Alexis Sanchez at the beach lad.

Strictly Armchair

Markovic! Worst signing ever?
Not. Even. Close.

No sooner had Geoff Twentyman retired and we were signing David Burrows. That might not sit well with one or two but I thought he was shite. A strawberry blonde Alberto Moreno if younger forumites require a pointer. I'm not being harsh either.

Jimmy Carter from Millwall. Poor Kenny must have been totally strung out by that stage to have even contemplated signing the waster. I'd like to describe him as average but he wasn't even that good. One of Souness' few good moves was to bomb him out double quick.

Dean Saunders. Mascot's favourite. I'm four square with his tag. Fancy letting Beardsley go for him. Even worse, we signed him for a club record fee of £2.9m. Souness then endeared himself to us even more by signing Istvan Kozma (wouldn't even get into our U23s as an over age player) and managed to top that by signing the arrogant git that was Torben Piechnik. What a massive drop from Hansen to him in just over two years. Piechnik had a head like a bog brush and defended like a shithouse. As big a waste of cash as any over the past three decades.

Djimi Traoré. Think Moreno with vertigo and agoraphobia then you're getting close.

Erik Meijer. While he became something of a cult hero let's not let the fact that he was, in a word, shite escape us.

Bruno Cheyrou & Salif Diao. In conjunction with Senegal's most celebrated phlegm flinging oxygen thief, part of a legendary triumvirate of signings in the summer of 2002.

The divvy in a ponytail, Andy Carroll, deserves a mention if only because of the amount of money we pissed up the wall on him. As it was prior to the forum crash I have no idea how underwhelmed some people must have been as he sauntered in. He always reminded me more of a bloke playing the Dave Gilmour role in an early Floyd tribute band.

Charlie Adam. More of a panel beater than a world beater. The Oystons are probably still dining out on that cash, bless 'em.

Surprised you can even mention Markovic when the memory of Balotelli is still all too fresh in the memory. That idler must have cost us no less then £25m when everything is added up.

So, the above is just a very verbose way of saying no, Markovic isn't the worst signing in the clubs history. Look at the names other contributors have mentioned (might be a bit of overlap with a few I have included). Lazar wouldn't even make the 25 man squad, let alone the leg ends XI.

I'll put my head over the parapet here and say I still think there is a fairly decent player trying to break out of his shell. If his confidence is shot to bits let's hope he can get his head together somewhere else. The other explanation of course is that he's just a waster who can't be arsed putting a shift in. Hope it's the former rather than the latter.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Moreno has been worse than Markovic as he's had more time to do more damage, and take that opportunity he did!

Markovic was also 5x better at left wing back.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Tons of dreadful players signed over the years but Not Soo Super Mario tops it for me all things considered. At least some cash will come back into the cub for Markovic.

HKReds

Tons of dreadful players signed over the years but Not Soo Super Mario tops it for me all things considered. At least some cash will come back into the cub for Markovic.
Forgot about Mario but then again, it must be so traumatic that my brain refuse to remember that he actually played for us before......

btw, what are we talking about again:think:

StevenAlonso

If someone come up with a 18-20 million pound offer, after-all it will not be a bad signing..Most of the time he was on loan with the recipient club paying all his wages..It wasn't like say Mario or Cole where-in we need to shell out all the wages since there were no takers..

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
What about the perma crock from Roma Acquilani? Considering he cost us more than we received for the man he effectively replaced Xabi bloodly Alonso, was injured from the getgo and spent 3 of his 4 years on loan in Italy, he tops the lot for me. I mean Traore won the Champs League for us and cost us no more than a couple of mil. No comparison, IMO

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
The best part of that was 3 days earlier, he scored against Real, and the mancs were pissing themselves saying how shit Madrid must be if dossena can score against them
We missed a trick with Dossena we just needed to keep him around for whenever we needed a 4th goal.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Won the Champs League with us rather than for us, obviously!

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Should we take this over to the "Worst Liverpool Player" thread?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Not. Even. Close.

No sooner had Geoff Twentyman retired and we were signing David Burrows. That might not sit well with one or two but I thought he was shite. A strawberry blonde Alberto Moreno if younger forumites require a pointer. I'm not being harsh either.

Jimmy Carter from Millwall. Poor Kenny must have been totally strung out by that stage to have even contemplated signing the waster. I'd like to describe him as average but he wasn't even that good. One of Souness' few good moves was to bomb him out double quick.

Dean Saunders. Mascot's favourite. I'm four square with his tag. Fancy letting Beardsley go for him. Even worse, we signed him for a club record fee of £2.9m. Souness then endeared himself to us even more by signing Istvan Kozma (wouldn't even get into our U23s as an over age player) and managed to top that by signing the arrogant git that was Torben Piechnik. What a massive drop from Hansen to him in just over two years. Piechnik had a head like a bog brush and defended like a shithouse. As big a waste of cash as any over the past three decades.

Djimi Traoré. Think Moreno with vertigo and agoraphobia then you're getting close.

Erik Meijer. While he became something of a cult hero let's not let the fact that he was, in a word, shite escape us.

Bruno Cheyrou & Salif Diao. In conjunction with Senegal's most celebrated phlegm flinging oxygen thief, part of a legendary triumvirate of signings in the summer of 2002.

The divvy in a ponytail, Andy Carroll, deserves a mention if only because of the amount of money we pissed up the wall on him. As it was prior to the forum crash I have no idea how underwhelmed some people must have been as he sauntered in. He always reminded me more of a bloke playing the Dave Gilmour role in an early Floyd tribute band.

Charlie Adam. More of a panel beater than a world beater. The Oystons are probably still dining out on that cash, bless 'em.

Surprised you can even mention Markovic when the memory of Balotelli is still all too fresh in the memory. That idler must have cost us no less then £25m when everything is added up.

So, the above is just a very verbose way of saying no, Markovic isn't the worst signing in the clubs history. Look at the names other contributors have mentioned (might be a bit of overlap with a few I have included). Lazar wouldn't even make the 25 man squad, let alone the leg ends XI.

I'll put my head over the parapet here and say I still think there is a fairly decent player trying to break out of his shell. If his confidence is shot to bits let's hope he can get his head together somewhere else. The other explanation of course is that he's just a waster who can't be arsed putting a shift in. Hope it's the former rather than the latter.
I liked Burrows. His defending was nowhere near as poor as Moreno is accused of.

ubermick

Admin
Alright - @ptt is right, let's get back on track about Markovic.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Not. Even. Close.

Jean Michelle Feri
Anthony Lewis Tallac
Alan Irving

Fuck me this list knows no limits

Status
Not open for further replies.