Lazar Marković (RW) to anyone

the Bull

Don't Panic :P
I personally think we need him for the Europa League. It could help in his development, being able to play, but has all the marking of the kiss of death we give to all the older lads we loan out.

redfanman

TIA Regular
I think loaning him out is probably the best option, especially of there is a recall option in the deal. He's a confidence player who needs regular playing time to kick on.

We have a lot of new players still to gel, Markovic is probably behind most of these, and Brendan isnt big on rotating players unless he needs to, so playing time here will be limited.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Not sure about this.

If he goes out then someone must come in, surely?

An injury here and there and we are threadbare again.

I like the player, I think he has a future a big future and hopefully with us. Loaning him out
well if true tells me that Brendan doesn't agree with me. Then again why should he lol

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Quite a stupid move if this is true.

36 mil of club asset, 59 mil, if counted Lambert, Borini and Enrique are going out of the club with not even barely 10 mil in return. Just one season after the bulk of them was brought in too.

These are making even Andy Carroll deal looking good in comparison

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Not sure about this.

If he goes out then someone must come in, surely?

An injury here and there and we are threadbare again.

I like the player, I think he has a future a big future and hopefully with us. Loaning him out
well if true tells me that Brendan doesn't agree with me. Then again why should he lol
Not necessarily. We have 4 strikers and 4 attacking midfield options plus Ibe. The diamond is always going to be a viable option.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Quite a stupid move if this is true.

36 mil of club asset, 59 mil, if counted Lambert, Borini and Enrique are going out of the club with not even barely 10 mil in return. Just one season after the bulk of them was brought in too.

These are making even Andy Carroll deal looking good in comparison
Not strictly true. Markovic and Mario remain club assets they are loaned out. Normally for a loan fee too.

Lambert was nearly a break even deal so no harm done.

As for the other two -- I agree with you

It's pathetic to loan out Markovic and retain Ibe/Lallana. And we'll probably end up losing Sakho aswell. We'll have a small squad and play kids in the Europa League,being humilliated again in Europe. BR is gonna ruin what's left of this club and no one seems to care about it. I'm fuming with this managment

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Not necessarily. We have 4 strikers and 4 attacking midfield options plus Ibe. The diamond is always going to be a viable option.
Good point, I see what your saying.

Having said that one of those options is Lallana who picks up injuries very easily, if Firmino struggles to settle (early doors suggests he could) then we could come a cropper. If and buts never won a war nor a debate. Your probably right

We want him to develop and we send him to Turkey,that league well known to be the ideal place for young players to progress... If it wasn't serious I would be laughing about this. Absolutely pathetic.

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
Great move.

Both for his long term development and financially for the Club this makes sense.

Playing on the left or right in a 4-3-3 he's behind Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe, Lallana, even Ings, Origi, and Sturridge.

I know we play a lot of young players but he's only 21, he needs to play and develop. He's going to a big club and hopefully he will improve and return a better player. If he does he can still have a future with Liverpool.

I'm happy for him.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
Well you can only hope he comes back with bags of confidence after beating up Turkish opposition. That's the only thing he is lacking at the moment. He has the pace, technique, and skill in his locker already.

Huge head scratcher though. Can't help but think it's a mistake of they still see his future here as reported. It's a long season and he would have gotten his opportunities to impress.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Good point, I see what your saying.

Having said that one of those options is Lallana who picks up injuries very easily, if Firmino struggles to settle (early doors suggests he could) then we could come a cropper. If and buts never won a war nor a debate. Your probably right
If Firminho and Lallana are not available, we still have Ings, Coutinho, Studge, Origi and Ibe to utilise. If Texiera is still around, then he may also get some playing time.

It's pathetic to loan out Markovic and retain Ibe/Lallana. And we'll probably end up losing Sakho aswell. We'll have a small squad and play kids in the Europa League,being humilliated again in Europe. BR is gonna ruin what's left of this club and no one seems to care about it. I'm fuming with this managment
We have a fairly big squad now, even without Markovic. Probably the biggest since Brendan arrived. We've got potentially one of the best line up of forwards that we've had over the last 20 years. We've picked up 7 points, with 3 clean sheets in 3 games including two tough away fixtures and the team is still finding its feet. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so negative.

We want him to develop and we send him to Turkey,that league well known to be the ideal place for young players to progress... If it wasn't serious I would be laughing about this. Absolutely pathetic.
Him having regular starts in the Turkish league will help him more than sitting around here, and i can see him slotting into our squad much better next summer as a consequence of that loan. Over this season all of these new players should gel, and next summers transfers will probably be to replace Skrtel, Toure and Lucas. That should make it much easier to find a role for Markovic to slot into.

We have a fairly big squad now, even without Markovic. Probably the biggest since Brendan arrived. We've got potentially one of the best line up of forwards that we've had over the last 20 years. We've picked up 7 points, with 3 clean sheets in 3 games including two tough away fixtures and the team is still finding its feet. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so negative.

Him having regular starts in the Turkish league will help him more than sitting around here, and i can see him slotting into our squad much better next summer as a consequence of that loan. Over this season all of these new players should gel, and next summers transfers will probably be to replace Skrtel, Toure and Lucas. That should make it much easier to find a role for Markovic to slot into.
What big squad? Our alternatives to Coutinho and Firmino are Lallana (injured again) and Ibe. Both of them are worse than Markovic. In fact,Ibe is the one who should be loaned,since he's nowhere near the level that should be required to play for Liverpool right now. We'll have the cups and Europe to play aswell. We all know that we'll play the kids in the Europa,Brendan has said it already. That is a humilliation and a total disrespect towards the history and tradition of this club in Europe. But nothing new. He's the same manager that decided to play the second team in a Champions League match against Real Madrid,almost saying we had no chance of getting a result there. He should've been sacked the day after that.

Results so far have been good but I'm not gonna be fooled again. We won't have any success with him here. Right now,I'm just praying he doesn't cause much more destruction before he eventually leaves.

Regarding Markovic's loan move to Turkey,it's just stupidity. No club sends young players to develop to the Turkish league. It's a place for players to end their careers,not to progress. I'm portuguese,so I have a similiar example to prove this idea. Bruma,one of the most promising wingers in recent years in Portugal went to Galatasaray a couple of years ago after a fantastic World Cup under 20. Since then,he developed nothing and missed out on this year's European Championships under21,when he was clearly the most talented winger of his generation. This season he's been loaned out to Real Sociedad.

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
What big squad? Our alternatives to Coutinho and Firmino are Lallana (injured again) and Ibe. Both of them are worse than Markovic. In fact,Ibe is the one who should be loaned,since he's nowhere near the level that should be required to play of Liverpool right now. We'll have the cups and Europe to play aswell. We all know that we'll play the kids in the Europa,Brendan has said it already. That is a humilliation and a total disrespect towards the history and tradition of this club in Europe. But nothing new. He's the same manager that decided to play the second team in a Champions League match against Real Madrid,almost saying we had no chance of getting a result there. He should've been sacked the day after that.

Results so far have been good but I'm not gonna be fooled again. We won't have any success with him here. Right now,I'm just praying he doesn't cause much more destruction before he eventually leaves.

Regarding Markovic's loan move to Turkey,it's just stupidity. No club sends young players to develop to the Turkish league. It's a place for players to end their careers,not to progress. I'm portuguese,so I have a similiar example to prove this idea. Bruma,one of the most promising wingers in recent years in Portugal went to Galatasaray a couple of years ago after a fantastic World Cup under 20. Since then,he developed nothing and missed out on this year's European Championships under21,when he was clearly the most talented winger of his generation. This season he's been loaned out to Real Sociedad.
Ibe offers genuine width, which Markovic doesnt really do. He is younger than Markovic, and therefore has time on his side, so if he spends much of the season on the bench but has regular coaching to improve his technique he will still improve. Markovic already has a lot of technical skill. What he needs in order to develop is playing time. Thats why he is going to Turkey.

Portugal produce a lot of young talented players, who then disappear. I dont think it can solely be blamed on one of them going to Turkey. It strikes me as quite a fast physical league, so shouldnt be too bad for him to experience.

As for the squad, you are already forgetting Sturridge is due back from injury soon. We have Origi and Ings to also cover the forward areas. Already we have seen Moreno being used further forward this season. And in the central areas, we are also seeing more physical midfielders being used to disrupt opposing teams higher up the pitch.

You criticise Brendan for wanting to pick younger players for the cups yet also damn him for loaning out Markovic so he cant be used in those very same competitions?:wave:

And as for that match against Real Madrid...that so called second string line up played much better than their more experienced peers a couple of weeks earlier.

Last edited:

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Hard to believe that we can't get a loan fee for Markovic when we got one for Borini. Seems a bit mad.

Ibe offers genuine width, which Markovic doesnt really do. He is younger than Markovic, and therefore has time on his side, so if he spends much of the season on the bench but has regular coaching to improve his technique he will still improve. Markovic already has a lot of technical skill. What he needs in order to develop is playing time. Thats why he is going to Turkey.

Portugal produce a lot of young talented players, who then disappear. I dont think it can solely be blamed on one of them going to Turkey. It strikes me as quite a fast physical league, so shouldnt be too bad for him to experience.

As for the squad, you are already forgetting Sturridge is due back from injury soon. We have Origi and Ings to also cover the forward areas. Already we have seen Moreno being used further forward this season. And in the central areas, we are also seeing more physical midfielders being used to disrupt opposing teams higher up the pitch.

You criticise Brendan for wanting to pick younger players for the cups yet also damn him for loaning out Markovic so he cant be used in those very same competitions?:wave:

And as for that match against Real Madrid...that so called second string line up played much better than their more experienced peers a couple of weeks earlier.
Markovic is a better player than Ibe. That should be enough for him to stay in the squad,even more so if we consider how poor both Ibe and Lallana have been,and the fact that Lallana is so injury prone.

The example I gave with Bruma is just one to prove my point. There are many other players who went there and never developed as they would if they chose another league. In fact,there's a reason why young talented players don't go to Turkey as a steping stone for bigger leagues.They go to Portugal,France,Netherlands,Belgium,etc.

Markovic isn't a "young player" in that sense that I used when I talked about using the kids in the Europa League. He's already a full internacional player,who played in the Champions League and in a great club like Benfica. The kids I was talking about are the ones from the reserve team,like he did the last time with Wisdom,Yesil and others.

Regarding the match against Real Madrid,that's not the point. Or do you think he picked that team because he thought it was the best way to win the match? When he picked that team he was basically forfeiting the match. Basically saying "we're a bunch of nobodies who has no chance of winning this". Total disrespect towards the history of this club.This is not fucking Swansea,it's Liverpool Football Club. That losing mentality should be vanished from our club but instead it is actually supported.

Clive

Personally I would have liked to see Markovic in a front three against West Ham instead of Lucas (ie midfield 3 of Can, Milner and Coutinho).

I can see benefit in the loan, however this looks more like a loss minimisation excercise than any real player development gain for lfc. Particularly given the peripheral role he's had in preseason and for the first three games.

Personally I would have liked to see Markovic in a front three against West Ham instead of Lucas (ie midfield 3 of Can, Milner and Coutinho).

I can see benefit in the loan, however this looks more like a loss minimisation excercise than any real player development gain for lfc. Particularly given the peripheral role he's had in preseason and for the first three games.
He will never return to Liverpool,not with Brendan here. Remember Brendan saying last season that Luis Alberto was very much in his plans for the future? Where is he now?

He will go there,we'll hope he has a decent season and then await for someone to offer us half of what we paid last year.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Markovic is a better player than Ibe. That should be enough for him to stay in the squad,even more so if we consider how poor both Ibe and Lallana have been,and the fact that Lallana is so injury prone.

The example I gave with Bruma is just one to prove my point. There are many other players who went there and never developed as they would if they chose another league. In fact,there's a reason why young talented players don't go to Turkey as a steping stone for bigger leagues.They go to Portugal,France,Netherlands,Belgium,etc.

Markovic isn't a "young player" in that sense that I used when I talked about using the kids in the Europa League. He's already a full internacional player,who played in the Champions League and in a great club like Benfica. The kids I was talking about are the ones from the reserve team,like he did the last time with Wisdom,Yesil and others.

Regarding the match against Real Madrid,that's not the point. Or do you think he picked that team because he thought it was the best way to win the match? When he picked that team he was basically forfeiting the match. Basically saying "we're a bunch of nobodies who has no chance of winning this". Total disrespect towards the history of this club.This is not fucking Swansea,it's Liverpool Football Club. That losing mentality should be vanished from our club but instead it is actually supported.
It's irrelevant if Markovic is a better player than Ibe, because Ibe isnt being used in a role that plays to Markovic's strengths and he will be shortly featuring less now that Studge and Firmino are getting closer to fitness. Ings and Origi will also shortly start to feature. As Ibe is younger than Markovic, he can afford to spend time out of the team and will still develop.

I think you understate the quality of the team that faced Real Madrid, and downplay just how poorly many of those players left out had been playing in the early part of the season. The intention was to try and get a team onto the pitch that could play with the sort of energy that we had seen regularly the season before, and that largely happened. And, yes, i believe that Brendan believed he was picking a team that would be most likely to do that.

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Allen, Markovic, Borini, Lallana

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

Our squad is bigger now, so i dont expect that the EL sides we pick will feature many players from the reserves/ u-21s especially (and we have loaned more of them than in Brendan's first season so they wont be available). Furthermore, Brendan will be fully aware that more is expected from him this season than when he first arrived, so it isnt as easy for him to bin the cups off. He will also be aware that he needs to use these competitions to improve his own knowledge and skills if he wishes to compete in the CL.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I think getting regular game time in Turkey can help him develop and build confidence, hopefully he rips it up over there and comes back next season fired up and ready to play a part for us. I have always thought Markovic's best posi is in a central attacking role and we certainly have plenty of stock for that role with Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana all very capable there, we could even put Jordan or Milner in that role if we absolutely had to so I can see the sense in having him play games because he is likely to get fairly limited opportunities with us.

Big test for Marko if this goes through, would expect him to really do well over there if he wants to have a future with us, would defo prefer that the loan was to a Premier League team so he gets use to playing in EPL rather than abroad but if he does do well it could really help him build confidence and to me that is the biggest issue in his game at the moment.

There is a niggling doubt in the back of mind however that this is another Luis Alberto loan, sincerely hope that's not the case because I think Marko is a really talented player so I hope this loan is done with the intent that he will come back and play a big part for us not just to get his wages of the books before selling him for peanuts next summer. I do think if Lallana has a disappointing season with us then he may be in the shop window next summer and that would certainly free up a spot for Marko to come back. Managing player minutes and expectations has to be amongst the most difficult aspects of managing a big club, end of the day not every player makes it regardless of fee or reputation so fingers crossed this loan works for Marko and we get him back ready to go next season, he seems to have plenty of talent, he looked awesome in training here in Adelaide when I saw him. I thought he would play a decent role for us this season but doesn't appear to be the case. Good luck to him and hope he uses the loan to his advantage.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Can't remember the last time we bought a player at a high price, loaned them out, and later had a good run with us.

Interesting how so many people want the person responsible for buying Balotelli to be gone and not the person or people who spent 45 million on Lallana and Markovic.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Can't remember the last time we bought a player at a high price, loaned them out, and later had a good run with us.

Interesting how so many people want the person responsible for buying Balotelli to be gone and not the person or people who spent 45 million on Lallana and Markovic.
Wanted them all gone but that's in different thread (s)....

Would have rather Ibe go out on loan and given Markovic a proper chance this season. Anyway hopefully this doesn't mean the end of his LFC career. If only we could get rid of Borini now.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
I'm an optimist. I think Markovic after a big season will return and play good football for us. Lallana will get moved on at the end of the season as he will pretty much end up much the same as last season. Lallana doesn't have a higher ceiling and Firmino will blow it open with Coutinho.