Leon Goretzka (CM) Schalke 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Liverpool Echo suggested a few weeks back that Klopp is looking to sign him, a statement later supported by Liverpool correspondents from The Independent and Goal, as well as Bild. So, fire away, I for one have been hoping for quite a while that this lad signs for Liverpool in January as he ticks quite a lot of boxes in playing and financial sense. Young, tall, dynamic, good technique, broke into German national team - not much to dislike about him but his previous injury problems, which I hope he's through with, regardless of who he signs for. He's not a playmaker from what I've seen but he might be the guy who can take games by the scruff of the neck, hopefully alongside Keita.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Now that would be one who makes full sense, especially if Can decides to leave. Even if he choses to stay, this would still be a good move. Fingers crossed that there is something in this rumour and that we can land him!

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
Nik, you're on a roll! Who else we got coming in? Would love to get him in and completely revamp the mid next year. I might actually be more excited about next season than I am about the rest of this one if news comes out in Jan that he will also be joining on a free July 1st. Klopp always says he wants business done quick so they can get a full preseason in working with the team. That's potentially Kieta, Goretzka, and Nik's other thread he just opened, Akanji all joining at the earliest possible date over the summer (world cup may mess this up, but no late August business to try and fit into the team).

I'm still trying to fit the pieces together and figure out how we are going to set up next year. I'm thinking a 4-2-3-1 or some sort of 3-4-3 formation. Who knows. But it would be a huge sign of things to come if we got VvD out from under the noses of all the big spenders in England, signed Goretzka despite interest from a large number of teams, etc. We're becoming a destination team again. Might be getting a bit ahead of myself here though. He hasn't chosen us yet.

Elessar

He isn't the same type of player as Can. He is better version of Henderson. Better game intelligence and as already mentioned better technique.

I think that Klopp know that he need to replace Henderson. He is simply injured to much and can't play more than one game a week by the look of it. He has been very average this season when he played more than one game a week.

VirgilTheGod

Dutch Magic In Action
Not a big enough name , We've splashed the cash of Virgil now we have to buy ... idk Kroos to follow up with . NOTHING ELSE BUT WORLD DOMINATION WE ARE BACK .
Jokes obviously looks like possibly a goo signing and played with Matip I believe ?

T.C.B

Now that VVD is in the bag better quality in the middle of the park should be our No.1 priority IMO. Goretzka would fit the bill perfectly.
How good would a front 3 of Bobby, Mane, Salah in front of Kieta, Coutinho and Goretzka be I wonder?

Elessar

Now that VVD is in the bag better quality in the middle of the park should be our No.1 priority IMO. Goretzka would fit the bill perfectly.
How good would a front 3 of Bobby, Mane, Salah in front of Kieta, Coutinho and Goretzka be I wonder?
Probably the best in the world but you never know before they played together.

lfc.8

If we sign Goretzka I'm not sure he'll be a starter. Essentially Coutinho, Keita plus one more who'll be positioned more at the base of midfield. Where we need someone new.

If Coutinho goes then we'll need to replace him. But don't see Goretzka filling this position. Not that I've seen much of him but he'll likely add to some good squad depth nonetheless. Also will fill the void if Can goes. But potentially might see four new midfielders which seems an awful lot.

If we achieve to bring goretzka, in 2 years nobody will remember Can, mark my words, and believe emre is my fav

Steve_LFC

If we sign Goretzka I'm not sure he'll be a starter. Essentially Coutinho, Keita plus one more who'll be positioned more at the base of midfield. Where we need someone new.

If Coutinho goes then we'll need to replace him. But don't see Goretzka filling this position. Not that I've seen much of him but he'll likely add to some good squad depth nonetheless. Also will fill the void if Can goes. But potentially might see four new midfielders which seems an awful lot.
I dont see Goretzka coming to us to take a seat next to OX. He has so many options. Im sure being a starter with us is whats also enticing. Compared to barcelona or munich

Elessar

I think the three in CM will be Ox, Keita and Goretzka next season. Coutinho, Firmino and Salah the attacking three. Wijnaldum and Henderson as backup in CM.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Goretzka checks every box Gerrard did. He is that type of player, but with better discipline. I like big Emre, but to say that this lad would be an upgrade over him is like saying Suarez was a bit better than Andy Carroll. Goretzka's already world class and has no ceiling.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Goretzka and Keita in midfield together... talk about power in the centre of the park. Quite exciting to think we could have an almost entirely new-look spine come next season (including VVD, who'll still be 'new', as it were).

I have to believe that upgrading Migs is on the agenda for the near future as well.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Goretzka and Keita in midfield together... talk about power in the centre of the park. Quite exciting to think we could have an almost entirely new-look spine come next season (including VVD, who'll still be 'new', as it were).

I have to believe that upgrading Migs is on the agenda for the near future as well.
If we really have that sort of line up, I don't think we need to play with a goalie mate.... so Mignolet is more than sufficient.. lol

Ahmed Hussain

Sad guy with no life :(
Is there a chance that Liverpool are going for both Goretzka and Lamar regardless on if Coutinho leaves or stays?

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
If Phil goes for something loopy like £150m and we effectively use that money to bring in VVD, Goretzka, and Lemar, I'm okay with that.

Similarly, I'm ok with getting Gortetzka and VVD, not getting Lemar, and Phil staying.

(I think end of the day, now that we've finally signed a proper centre back, I'm okay all round)

Elessar

the best of all is that he will drop Henderson off. :celebrating:
I wouldn't call it the best of all. Henderson was a good player before his injury problems. I think that almost all of us have seen that he will probably never get back to his best again. He will be very good in some games but that isn't enough.

I wouldn't call it the best of all. Henderson was a good player before his injury problems. I think that almost all of us have seen that he will probably never get back to his best again. He will be very good in some games but that isn't enough.
He is a ex-footballer mate. I liked him before the injuries, but unfortunately is destroyed

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
He's coming in for free. That's gonna definitely help.

If we are keeping coutinho , we are getting a monster team. Just imagine a midfield of keita , Leon , coutinho and an attack of mane , bobby , salah.

And the other very very useful players we will be having in the bench to compete on all three fronts.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
If Phil goes for something loopy like £150m and we effectively use that money to bring in VVD, Goretzka, and Lemar, I'm okay with that.

Similarly, I'm ok with getting Gortetzka and VVD, not getting Lemar, and Phil staying.

(I think end of the day, now that we've finally signed a proper centre back, I'm okay all round)
Pretty sure that vvd and keita were budgeted for and the money spent for them isn't coming out of the coutinho money.

The coutinho money if he does leave should get us lemar plus one cb plus one Gk.

Status
Not open for further replies.