Leon Goretzka (CM) Schalke 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKReds

what would happen if you offered schalke 30m? do they turn it down? if goretzka is indeed conflicted, does he turn it down or see it as a way out?
Why will Goretzka be conflicted? A host of top clubs are after his signature and he is holding all the cards. If he goes on a free at the end of the season, he will even have more leverage in terms of negotiation for wages.

A little more gasoline for the fire:

Zac‏ @ZAC_AE 44m44 minutes ago

There’s a reason there’s been a delay in Goretzka’s announcement. Initially, he had chose Liverpool but then changed his mind a couple of weeks ago to Bayern. He’s now undecided as he is enticed by Klopp’s project. This is a sticky situation for him.

Werder4life

I would like it , not least because it would piss Bayern off to no end. They do need Karma cracking down hard on them , arrogant pricks that they are.

In the end it all rides on Goretzka's courage. He'll have it relatively warm and fuzzy at FC Bayern - an almost guaranteed place in the national team , more or less free loot titles , decent wages and hell a lot not fullfilling his potential - or he could move abroad.

If he considers Liverpool , then Klopp's personality and reputation in player development might be the decider. Kloppo's still legend in that regard in Germany , whereaeras Bayern has a decade old history of burrying young talents if they feel like it.

YeGra

Is it possible he really really dislikes the city of Munich and refuses to go anywhere near it? :rolleyes:

Honestly I'm not going to get confident over some Twitter stuff. It's just going to crush my spirit if I see an announcement about an agreed deal with Munich.

big noyd

Why will Goretzka be conflicted?
the suggestion is that he agreed personal terms or something with bayern, as far back as last summer, but has since made some kind of commitment to klopp or is at least intrigued

(or something like the opposite, according to the tweet linked above)

syyeung

I think it depends on his character. Would he rather fulfil his dreams of winning trophies and playing for German team as a free-rider? Or would he be more interested in the challenges of actually making a difference (or being THE difference) in winning trophies for a wounded giant?

I would like it , not least because it would piss Bayern off to no end. They do need Karma cracking down hard on them , arrogant pricks that they are.

In the end it all rides on Goretzka's courage. He'll have it relatively warm and fuzzy at FC Bayern - an almost guaranteed place in the national team , more or less free loot titles , decent wages and hell a lot not fullfilling his potential - or he could move abroad.

If he considers Liverpool , then Klopp's personality and reputation in player development might be the decider. Kloppo's still legend in that regard in Germany , whereaeras Bayern has a decade old history of burrying young talents if they feel like it.
Which is real - is he that sort?

Bob

Which is real - is he that sort?
Hope he's up for a spell with Liverpool. He can do really great here and become a world star. I can understand the easy choice of Bayern but that isn't a real test for a top talent like him. He can become a real top top top player if he joins us and Klopp will see him right. Come on Leon, take a walk on the Klopp side.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I think it depends on his character. Would he rather fulfil his dreams of winning trophies and playing for German team as a free-rider? Or would he be more interested in the challenges of actually making a difference (or being THE difference) in winning trophies for a wounded giant?
That’s harsh. Goretzka’s a world-class midfielder who’d certainly be competing for a place in the Bayern side. He certainly wouldn’t be going there thinking he’s a squaddie.

Someone needs to start bombing his instagram account with videos of us playing Munich in preseason...

YeGra

I think it's a bit silly to suggest it shows a lack of character going to Bayern. Why wouldn't he?

Bayern are a top side, and it would allow him to step up and play at a very high level. It would also be a challenge to see if he can nail down a starting position and help get the club to winning champions league - something which Bayern have underachieved in considering their status.

You could say it's the perfect move for him. Unless, of course, he wanted to hone his skills in a different league to see if he is more versatile a player. Playing in the premier league would widen his experience. It all depends whether he is quite a homely person and prefers the comforts of Germany which would be fair enough...or if he is the more adventurous type of personality. Time will tell. But as I said before...I wouldn't get my hopes up.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Hope he's up for a spell with Liverpool. He can do really great here and become a world star. I can understand the easy choice of Bayern but that isn't a real test for a top talent like him. He can become a real top top top player if he joins us and Klopp will see him right. Come on Leon, take a walk on the Klopp side.
He can always go back to Bayern later. He'll improve more as a player now under Klopp. Not that he isn't world-class already.

Clive

He looks a very, very good player from my lazy mans scouting (YouTube). Really like the runs from deep and dribbling breaking through the lines. Reminds me of a certain no 8 about 10 years ago. Doesn’t seem to have a great shot on him if I’m critical.

Great that we’re in the conversation, but it’s one to be cautiously optimistic about rather than having great expectations.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
A little more gasoline for the fire:

Zac‏ @ZAC_AE 44m44 minutes ago

There’s a reason there’s been a delay in Goretzka’s announcement. Initially, he had chose Liverpool but then changed his mind a couple of weeks ago to Bayern. He’s now undecided as he is enticed by Klopp’s project. This is a sticky situation for him.
Loving this ITK thing.... "Yeah he is going to come to us, then his mum said to stay closer to home and his dad went for a visit at Liverpool and bought a house there. Mum now said they are moving to Liverpool and he is now enticed to move there, but the mortgage hasn't gone through yet, so there won't be any announcement till then". lollollol

YeGra

Loving this ITK thing.... "Yeah he is going to come to us, then his mum said to stay closer to home and his dad went for a visit at Liverpool and bought a house there. Mum now said they are moving to Liverpool and he is now enticed to move there, but the mortgage hasn't gone through yet, so there won't be any announcement till then". lollollol
It's more amusing that "ITKs" seem to know about his deep psychological battles on where to go next. It's like they are secretly their psychologists...I mean how else would they know this kind of stuff about so many various players?!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It's more amusing that "ITKs" seem to know about his deep psychological battles on where to go next. It's like they are secretly their psychologists...I mean how else would they know this kind of stuff about so many various players?!
It’s eithet their ketchup or them A1 steak sauce that’s giving them hint.

KopDragon

Yeah, but it's better to start now accustom to idea of him not coming to us...
Why? Is the thought of him not joining us too much to bear for you?

Why not just wait and see what happens rather than jumping to definitive conclusions every time somebody tweets something. If he joins great, if he doesn’t we reset our sights and go for the next target.

Werder4life

Leon Goretzka is a very talented young player - no more no less.

I'd like him - but he is one for the future , not what we need right now.
If he chose Bayern , so be it.

João Cunha

Banned Users
Why? Is the thought of him not joining us too much to bear for you?

Why not just wait and see what happens rather than jumping to definitive conclusions every time somebody tweets something. If he joins great, if he doesn’t we reset our sights and go for the next target.
He is a really good player, would be a great player to have on our midfield, but he have to settle with we have

The first bit seems a little "Captain Obvious" from Bayern. Why would they need to point this out, I wonder?--

Chris Williams‏Verified account @Chris78Williams 27m27 minutes ago

"There is an agreement when the contract is signed and a medical is done." - Its all very subversive by Bayern, Goretzka is certainly key to their future aspirations of rebuilding with strong German talent.

Seems that Bayern are very keen to get their man, applying some public pressure to ensure they do.

KHR speaking to Sky DE on Goretzka is rather odd, considering they briefed Bild two weeks ago on the quiet that he’d already “agreed” to a move..

8 replies12 retweets36 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.