Leon Goretzka (CM) Schalke 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

João Cunha

Banned Users
The first bit seems a little "Captain Obvious" from Bayern. Why would they need to point this out, I wonder?--

Chris Williams‏Verified account @Chris78Williams 27m27 minutes ago

"There is an agreement when the contract is signed and a medical is done." - Its all very subversive by Bayern, Goretzka is certainly key to their future aspirations of rebuilding with strong German talent.

Seems that Bayern are very keen to get their man, applying some public pressure to ensure they do.

KHR speaking to Sky DE on Goretzka is rather odd, considering they briefed Bild two weeks ago on the quiet that he’d already “agreed” to a move..

8 replies12 retweets36 likes
Yeah, so much suspense, so much time to make it official, we should just go for Meyer, he is good as well

big noyd

We could do with a win against City or at the very least to come out of it on equal footing. You can be sure he'll be watching and seeing if he's impressed by our potential.
hopefully he was so fired up at about 80' he went for a run or something

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Question for everyone, though we have been linked with Leon Goretzka, have we made any contact with the player seeing he is able to talk to other clubs, and have we even put in a bid to Schalke?

big noyd

Question for everyone, though we have been linked with Leon Goretzka, have we made any contact with the player seeing he is able to talk to other clubs, and have we even put in a bid to Schalke?
he's out of contract at the end of the year, the way matip was

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
I think its happening. Just gutfeel
I think odds are he ends up at Bayern, but Bayern’s being so aggressive in the press makes me think they’re a little scared. If they were completely confident they wouldn’t be saying a thing and just waiting for Goretzka and Schalke to announce it.

Maybe one of our German friends can better inform me but this behavior seems out of character for Bayern. Think I even saw a story coming out saying that Bayern’s next manager would definitely be German, is that to assuage any fears of long term uncertainty that Goretzka might have? I’m making stuff up now, but it all seems odd. And Goretzka is very quiet, well except those Instagram likes....

nikz200

The thing is is the current Bayern coach is considered kind of the old school vet of a manager and i think Goretzka himself is questioning what he wants to do right now. Join Bayern , win the local league but get lost in the rotation of the team with no proper development? OR Join a team in Liverpool which is known for advancing players into the spotlight. Coutinho, Can, Suarez, Mascherano, Salah.

Goretzka surely must think that its good for his brand image to play under Klopp and develop into a major star player.. Then again, glory makes fulls of us all.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Join Bayern , win the local league but get lost in the rotation of the team with no proper development? .
Wouldn't you say we have stronger competition in the midfield positions? Hendo, Gini, Ox,Lallana,Can*, Keita. Lallana the only AM of those( and maybe Ox), which is what we need really. I would love Goretzka to come, but I think we can't make a move on that until we know what Can is doing for certain, as I think we would be a little overloaded with both. AM is a different story though.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
The thing is is the current Bayern coach is considered kind of the old school vet of a manager and i think Goretzka himself is questioning what he wants to do right now. Join Bayern , win the local league but get lost in the rotation of the team with no proper development? OR Join a team in Liverpool which is known for advancing players into the spotlight. Coutinho, Can, Suarez, Mascherano, Salah.

Goretzka surely must think that its good for his brand image to play under Klopp and develop into a major star player.. Then again, glory makes fulls of us all.
I see what you're getting at, but I'd prefer without players who think of coming here to use us to develop (brand image, what the fuck?) and move to their ultimate dream destination. The goal should be for US to be that ultimate destination.

Dutch

Are we sure Klopp wants him? Klopp said on Sky Sports Monday Night Football in September 2016: do you know how many passes it takes to get the playmaker in the right position so he can give that brilliant pass? Counterpressing gives you the opportunity to win back the ball near their goal, you are just one pass away from a good chance to score. That is why no playmaker is as good as a well-performed counter-pressing.

I would not be surprised if he doesn't even want a player like Gorezka.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Are we sure Klopp wants him? Klopp said on Sky Sports Monday Night Football in September 2016: do you know how many passes it takes to get the playmaker in the right position so he can give that brilliant pass? Counterpressing gives you the opportunity to win back the ball near their goal, you are just one pass away from a good chance to score. That is why no playmaker is as good as a well-performed counter-pressing.

I would not be surprised if he doesn't even want a player like Gorezka.
He passes well. Keeps hold of the ball well and is quick and links up well with both the defenders as well as the forwards. He's a decent enough tackler and can easily be integrated into Klopp's system. I would rate him on par with Keita tbh. Have one #6 in Henderson/Can/Anyone else and two #8's or if need be. He'll walk into liverpool's midfield even if Keita is playing.

The way i see it, anyone would be mad to not even attempt to sign a player of this caliber.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
He passes well. Keeps hold of the ball well and is quick and links up well with both the defenders as well as the forwards. He's a decent enough tackler and can easily be integrated into Klopp's system. I would rate him on par with Keita tbh. Have one #6 in Henderson/Can/Anyone else and two #8's or if need be. He'll walk into liverpool's midfield even if Keita is playing.

The way i see it, anyone would be mad to not even attempt to sign a player of this caliber.
I thought I was still in the Gini thread and nearly spat out my tea when I read that bit lol

Dutch

Well, we wait and see if and if so what kind of a player comes in on midfield besides Naby Keïta.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Well, we wait and see if and if so what kind of a player comes in on midfield besides Naby Keïta.
Henderson/Can/Winjaldum as #6
Keita/Goretzka/Lallana/Oxlade as #8's

Dutch

Can will not be here next season and Henderson isn't a #6, we need a proper DM for next season.

Limiescouse

If he signed for Bayern he would be doing so without knowing who will be his manager next year. It would be a dumb move, especially for a player of his age. I suspect he might be sold on the idea of Bayern as a club, but waiting to see what they announced about their next manager before committing to them, and keeping his options open in the meantime.

YeGra

But surely he's already under the spotlight if Bayern are interested?

Mark Thurgood

If Guardiola was still at Bayern then I’m sure he would’ve signed by now. I don’t think he’ll be going to Bayern. Although they need new blood

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Next days we will have some news regarding this guy, hopefully goos news :rolleyes:
I don't know enough about him to give an opinion about whether we sign him or not. I am curious why no formal announcement has been made yet? This could be because both clubs are in the same league or that the player is having second thoughts.

Are we only interested if Can goes? Could both fit into our squad?

João Cunha

Banned Users
I don't know enough about him to give an opinion about whether we sign him or not. I am curious why no formal announcement has been made yet? This could be because both clubs are in the same league or that the player is having second thoughts.

Are we only interested if Can goes? Could both fit into our squad?
I think that he had second thoughts, but only the time will tell why there is no official announcement yet.

And yes, they can both fit, Can is more defensively, Goretzka is like a organizer, offensive football, they complement each other

Status
Not open for further replies.