Leon Goretzka (CM) Schalke 04

Status
Not open for further replies.
An LFC move is not looking good at the minute. Were never favored, but all indications are he's Bayern-bound.
By indications, you mean newspaper articles? They're just stories to me until the player actually expresses his preference or signs for the club.

João Cunha

Banned Users

koptician

We'll go again!

LFC CAN

If Can decides to leave in the summer and it looks like we won,t get Goretzka - which other midfielders could we target who are physically and performance wise similar to these 2 players. Can is always impressive in the big games like v Man City.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
If Can decides to leave in the summer and it looks like we won,t get Goretzka - which other midfielders could we target who are physically and performance wise similar to these 2 players. Can is always impressive in the big games like v Man City.
Try the 'who would you buy' thread.

HKReds

That is quite disappointing. I can imagine getting him and this will more or less sort out our midfield next season and freeing up cash for signings in other key areas like GK, a winger/forward or even upgrade some of our options in the striker or full back position.

koptician

We'll go again!
That is quite disappointing. I can imagine getting him and this will more or less sort out our midfield next season and freeing up cash for signings in other key areas like GK, a winger/forward or even upgrade some of our options in the striker or full back position.
Just our long suffering luck in the transfer market (we've had far more downs than ups although it's improved markedly recently)

The January transfer window has less than a couple of weeks to go and most of the clubs around us in the league are busy trying to make deals in order to strengthen their squads and yet we, after a blistering start splashing out for VVD, have gone eerily quiet. Yes the rumours have been circulating about this player and that, but it looks as though our business is done for yet another window. Is our squad strong enough to cover the league, FACup and Champions League without the need for blooding kids from the Academy to make ends meet? I wish I had a crystal ball to be able to give you the answer, but you will all have to sweat it out like me. I have my fingers permanently crossed and rubbing my rabbit's foot daily to bring us luck.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
The January transfer window has less than a couple of weeks to go and most of the clubs around us in the league are busy trying to make deals in order to strengthen their squads and yet we, after a blistering start splashing out for VVD, have gone eerily quiet. Yes the rumours have been circulating about this player and that, but it looks as though our business is done for yet another window. Is our squad strong enough to cover the league, FACup and Champions League without the need for blooding kids from the Academy to make ends meet? I wish I had a crystal ball to be able to give you the answer, but you will all have to sweat it out like me. I have my fingers permanently crossed and rubbing my rabbit's foot daily to bring us luck.
First time I've seen it called that.

LS12Red

I'll be more surprised if we sign someone else than if we don't. Klopp won't sign a player just for the sake of It, we've seen it over the summer particularly with VVD. For me considering his record so far in the transfer market it will be hard to make a case against him. I'd love to see us sign another player but I want them to be an upgrade on what we have and not just a bench warmer.

Sweeting

Done Deals
Van Dijk to Liverpool
Barkley to Chelsea

Significant/Reliable Rumours
Sanchez to Man Utd
Crouch/Dzeko/Carroll to Chelsea

I must have missed all the mega deals the teams around us are doing.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Done Deals
Van Dijk to Liverpool
Barkley to Chelsea

Sanchez to Man Utd
Aube to Arsenal
Mkthiryan to Arsenal

The Arsenal moves

Sweeting

His post specifically said "clubs around us in the league". Not mid-table clubs.

But if you wanted to include them...
Done
Coquelin to Valencia
Walcott to Everton

Rumoured
Aubameyang to Arsenal
Mkhitaryan to Arsenal

Which looksmore like desperation than a plan to me. Neither of those rumoured signings were wanted at their clubs for a variety of reasons.

Done Deals
Van Dijk to Liverpool
Barkley to Chelsea

Sanchez to Man Utd

Sweeting, where did I say in my Post the word MEGA? I said the clubs around us are busy, but not mega. In finishing, you can add two further names in Done Deals: Walcott and Tosun. Agreed, not exactly busy, busy, but definitely busier than we are. I believe our transfer window has shut and no more signing will be coming in. I hope I am wrong, but that's my opinion.

Sweeting

Sweeting, where did I say in my Post the word MEGA? I said the clubs around us are busy, but not mega. In finishing, you can add two further names in Done Deals: Walcott and Tosun. Agreed, not exactly busy, busy, but definitely busier than we are. I believe our transfer window has shut and no more signing will be coming in. I hope I am wrong, but that's my opinion.
In what world at Everton around us in the league? They can't even see us from where they are.

In what world at Everton around us in the league? They can't even see us from where they are.
Okay, maybe I worded my Post wrong saying teams around us instead of saying teams in the Premier League, but I still maintain that the teams in our league are much, or seem to be, busier than we are.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Okay, maybe I worded my Post wrong saying teams around us instead of saying teams in the Premier League, but I still maintain that the teams in our league are much, or seem to be, busier than we are.
The only one that really concerns me is Sanchez to United, though I would say it's debatable whether that has strengthened them more than signing VVD has strengthened us overall.

Elsewhere, all I really see are teams replacing what they've lost through selling other players, eg Auba replacing Sanchez at Arsenal, although from Dortmund are saying that's looking far from completion at this stage. Not worried about Mkhi going there.

nikz200

so this move is not happening, and quite frankly that only intensifies the need to keep Can at the club.

Sweeting

Yeah but for the majority of those it is because they are signing bad/unwanted players.

Ross Barkley - he is rubbish, he shouldn't get a game for Chelsea and he is there to help a quota.

Crouch/Dzeko/Carroll - this one doesn't need me to explain the stupidity.

Sanchez - good player but Man Utd have broke the bank for him. A deal worth £180m all in. They can do what they like but no way we would or should have matched anything like that.

Aubaymeyang and Mkhitaryan - if they go through you could argue it is a good cpuple of signings... although a few months ago the media were raving that Lacazette was going to fire Arsenal into a title race. I struggle to see two guys were have been criticosed, ostracised and ousted from their current clubs for attitude problems come in and transform this Arsenal team.

Walcott - he is so good that he couldn't get into Arsenal's team this year. Alex Iwobi can which says it all.

The rest of the league... well who cares? They're all absolute garbage teams signing midtable crap from other garbage teams. Stoke have signed some random full backs for example, one of them hasn't played all season for fucking Augsburg.

I can't see any transfer or rumoured transfer that I want Liverpool to be any part of. Sanchez would have been nice but we can't destroy our wage structure like that. Klopp knows Aubameyang and wanted no part of that deal (says a lot).

It may appear that clubs are busy but I believe it is because we focus on ourselves and only see general rumours or deals to other clubs. If you go on to any other teams forums right now you will find people complaining that their team isn't doing enough and will be left behind.

Our transfer dealings over the last few windows have been refreshingly proactive and well measured. We are ahead of most and that's why we have been steadily improving - we don't get better by lumping £35m in for Carroll in order to look 'busy'.

The only one that really concerns me is Sanchez to United, though I would say it's debatable whether that has strengthened them more than signing VVD has strengthened us overall.

Elsewhere, all I really see are teams replacing what they've lost through selling other players, eg Auba replacing Sanchez at Arsenal, although from Dortmund are saying that's looking far from completion at this stage. Not worried about Mkhi going there.
The Sanchez to the Mancs concerns me, too, because he will definitely improve their attacking options. He could have possibly improved our left wing options, but I couldn't see him ever coming to us. And from what I've read about Aubameyang, he's too off the wall and would have got Jurgen's back up similar to Sakho. He would have seen Aubs ill discipline like a bull sees a red flag.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Sweeting. Well said.

However, I would have liked us to pay the rumoured premium for naby.

Be nice to secure some younger talent too.

Nothing wrong with wanting new signings, despite, not becuase, of what the rest of the league is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.