• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Lets Get 'You'll Never Walk Alone' to number 1 as a show of respect and solidarity

bobnum2

TIA Youth Team
Hi guy's seen this topic on RAWK yesterday, it came from a suggestion by Steve Rotherham MP. I think this is a great idea to show the world just how we feel and support the 96. Here is the itunes link so you can just click on it and buy this track from them, It's only 99p and i can't think of a better way to spend 99p. The track is now at number 1 on the itunes chart and number 2 on the amazon chart. Guy's we can do this but we need to keep this up by everyone following the link and buying the track. Cheers guy's Bob YNWA

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Just done it, that took me a while, I downloaded itunes especially for it, really hope it can stay at number 1! YNWA!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
While you're there can I also suggest you spend a bit more money and download "Never Buy The Sun" by Billy Bragg. It's a brilliant track and, for me at least, there is nothing those c.nts can do or say that could change that position.

bobnum2

TIA Youth Team
@AnfieldCat, A poster on RAWK said between 4-00 and 6-00 on sunday is the crucial time to keep the downloading it while they do the countdown. @Kopstar, Cheers mate have just downloaded the Billy Bragg track

bobnum2

TIA Youth Team
[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]You’ll Never Walk Alone re-enters the Top 20 following online campaign[/background]

[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]Gerry And The Pacemakers’ version of You’ll Never Walk Alone has re-entered the Official Singles Chart Top 20 following an online campaign by Liverpool fans to raise awareness for those who lost their lives in the Hillsborough tragedy.[/background]

[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]The track, which was adopted by the club’s fans in 1963 after it spent a month at Number 1, today re-enters the UK’s Official Singles Chart at Number 12. According to the Official Charts Company’s latest sales data, it sold over 28,000 copies in just over 24 hours.[/background]

[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]The campaign to get the track back into the Official Singles Chart was started by Liverpool Walton MP, Steve Rotheram, on Friday evening (September 14) following the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel report last week. The report revealed that police had tampered with witness statements and that 41 of the 96 lives lost at Sheffield Wednesday's stadium on 15 April 1989, could have been saved.[/background]

[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]“People have asked what they can do now. If you download You’ll Never Walk Alone, it will send a message to the rest of the country,” wrote Mr Rotheram wrote on the micro-blogging site.[/background]

bobnum2

TIA Youth Team
Gerry Marsden is donating all the proceeds from the sales of this track to the campaign as well, so it's a win win, only 99p and we are at number 1 now but we need to keep downloading it to stay there

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
RAWK are saying it went in at number 12 in the official charts, I don't really understand all the charts these days though now they have downloads involved.

bobnum2

TIA Youth Team
Yes it was number 12 a great result as we did'nt start this till friday night. The lads on RAWK have been pushing it along all day they have done a great job. Yes downloads are included in the charts now

bobnum2

TIA Youth Team
Number 2 an listening to it now on the chart show. So near guy's but we should be proud we only started this on friday night. Pat yourself on the back all who downloaded this. Cheers guy's Bob. PS Am off for a pint or two now or maybe mooooooooooooore lol

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Number 1 would have been amazing but I'm thrilled at the amount of money it will have raised to help the families.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Done it, created an account an all to do it but have never been happier to spend €1.29

Hope we make it to #1.