• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

LFC 2020/2021 Prem Fixtures

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Play each team twice, once at home and once away, so overall it's a fair draw. Can't complain about it too much

Although I am sure there are some over on Blue Loon convinced of some FA/Prem/FIFA/Media/Political conspiricy to stop them from winning the league

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Leeds the third most visited fixture page
BBC Sport Data Analyst Andrew Bassett has been crunching the numbers since the fixtures were released:
Over two hours since the Premier League fixtures went live and Leeds United is the third most visited club fixture page on BBC Sport.
Only Manchester United and Liverpool are ahead of the Yorkshire club.
Google Trends data also shows Leeds are one of the most searched clubs on Google this morning, tracking at similar levels to Liverpool and Manchester United.

City not in top 3 shocker
Their fans are looking up Liverpool's fixtures to see when they play us. Bet Bernardo Silva's pushed the number up a fuck tonne too.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Not too bothered with that, quite a comfortable run after the start and January was like that last year anyhow.

Good to see Man City and Chelsea away when there is no crowds quite possibly.

Anyone know about the TV yet? I would assume all games will be on TV, hope they keep the 3pm thing scrapped until the grounds are fully filled and permanently for international fixtures.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
I know that they don't confirm the date/time for the fixtures until two months before, but I do not understand why the hell — more often than not — that they insist scheduling our United home games for Saturday only for it to be changed to Sunday (2017 the lone exception in the last 8 years). I get that it's the showpiece occasion for the weekend and thus put it in the Sunday 16:30 (11:30 for me) slot, but why not just schedule it for Sunday in the first place if it's going to get moved anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I know that they don't confirm the date/time for the fixtures until two months before, but I do not understand why the hell — more often than not — that they insist scheduling our United home games for Saturday only for it to be changed to Sunday (2017 the lone exception in the last 8 years). I get that it's the showpiece occasion for the weekend and thus put it in the Sunday 16:30 (11:30 for me) slot, but why not just schedule it for Sunday in the first place if it's going to get moved anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are scheduled for those weekends, if they start spaffing around with dates it won’t look right, there is a Tuesday fixture but no doubt we will play Wednesday on that.

Anyhow not sure why we need a delay on times and tv dates, I would assume for the first month or two all games would be on.

Fowler's Left Peg

Not too bothered with that, quite a comfortable run after the start and January was like that last year anyhow.

Good to see Man City and Chelsea away when there is no crowds quite possibly.

Anyone know about the TV yet? I would assume all games will be on TV, hope they keep the 3pm thing scrapped until the grounds are fully filled and permanently for international fixtures.
There was more atmosphere at the City game at the end of the season than there ever has been with fans in it.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Why do the big boys always seem to avoid each other in round 1?
That is not a 'seems to', they do. That is intentional, in part at police request. No 'big games', no derbies on the first weekend

iftikhar

BBC Sport Data Analyst Andrew Bassett has been crunching the numbers since the fixtures were released:
Over two hours since the Premier League fixtures went live and Leeds United is the third most visited club fixture page on BBC Sport.
Google Trends data also shows Leeds are one of the most searched clubs on Google this morning, tracking at similar levels to Liverpool and Manchester United.

Oh come on, before they were bankrolled they were in similar level of Everton; essentially a mid level club not arsed by anyone else.

Zoran

Jeez, someone's got time on his hands to analyze these things.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
They are scheduled for those weekends, if they start spaffing around with dates it won’t look right, there is a Tuesday fixture but no doubt we will play Wednesday on that.

Anyhow not sure why we need a delay on times and tv dates, I would assume for the first month or two all games would be on.
Totally get that they pencil it in for the weekend but I guess my bigger point is if they know that is going to be the biggest fixture of the weekend (and this they would play it on a Sunday) why not just schedule it for Sunday rather than changing and chopping pretty much every year? I prefer United games to be on Saturday personally but I don’t really care as long as we win. ;)

As to your other point, I believe they confirm two month blocks at a time, so you’re probably correct that those are the dates. Leeds at home, though...sheesh! They’ll be up for it no doubt! If nothing else it may be a good harbinger of what’s to come.