• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

LFC 2020/2021 Prem Fixtures

FGred

The usual BS has started Leeds warning us already and they are pitted against us when being linked to players apparently they have beaten us to white even though we are not interested in buying him we have a giant in Koumetio only 17 and with a lot more potential.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
So there are going be some games with no fans and no tv coverage? That’s absolutely shambolic, they (Tv companies) are saying they don’t want dilution of audiences but have blocked the clubs showing them through their channels.

Thats disgraceful, PL should next time just take them in house they’ve been crap over this whole period Sky and BT.

Hopefully that changes because frankly it’s just driving people to use other channels of access.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
So there are going be some games with no fans and no tv coverage? That’s absolutely shambolic, they (Tv companies) are saying they don’t want dilution of audiences but have blocked the clubs showing them through their channels.

Thats disgraceful, PL should next time just take them in house they’ve been crap over this whole period Sky and BT.

Hopefully that changes because frankly it’s just driving people to use other channels of access.
With Amazon having the deal to show games over the xmas/ny period and Netflix rumored to be trying to get in on the mix, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Club package option come up somewhere along the line so fans can get all their clubs games ie fans can buy a single club supporter package which would give you all of that particular clubs games streamed to phone/tablet/laptop

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
The sooner the PL introduces its own broadcast platform similar to a “Netflix for Football” concept the better. Every game broadcast. I’d be happy to pay a monthly fee for that over Sky
Yeah, something like that would be great, similar to what the NBA does with NBA TV. Every game available to watch, live or whenever you want. Brilliant.

richieh10

Anyway... Leeds first game of the season.

i remember that goal that Yeboah fucking slammed in against us early in the season the last time we played Leeds early on.

crazy to think that goal was 25 years ago tomorrow!

watching on as a 9 year old. Thinking how the fucks he scored that. What a goal it was too.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Anyway... Leeds first game of the season.

i remember that goal that Yeboah fucking slammed in against us early in the season the last time we played Leeds early on.

crazy to think that goal was 25 years ago tomorrow!

watching on as a 9 year old. Thinking how the fucks he scored that. What a goal it was too.
Was just reliving it on the BBC

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
As much as I get the Echo has to put out content all year to make money, this headline seems like it was written by Clickbaity Clickbaiterson.

"Liverpool have a golden opportunity to go three points clear of Manchester City on the opening day of the Premier League season."

:rolleyes:

richieh10

I saw that headline and I though nah fuck off it’s clearly going to be an article along the lines that you’ve stated. Complete bollocks isn’t it.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
I saw that headline and I though nah fuck off it’s clearly going to be an article along the lines that you’ve stated. Complete bollocks isn’t it.
Yeah it was pretty clear to me what the content of the article was going to say, and opening it just confirmed it...I know I'm probably not helping by promoting it!

Kopstar

★★★★★★

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
So it seems to be who you believe though it seems to suggest Sky would ask for more money back because of the loss of super Sunday.

Also they won’t be using 3pm even though that remains in place, massive fuck up considering grounds won’t be at capacity probably for the entire season.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
It's crazy that I, on the opposite side of the globe, have far greater and easier (and probably cheaper?) access to viewing of PL games. They price the locals out of the stadium, now you can live within 1km of the ground and not be able to see the team play. Make no mistake, there are a lot of culprits here, tv companies and also the club itself.

Here in Australia I can see every PL, CL, Europa League and some other competitions as well on demand, live, whatever for something like 30 dollars (which would be about 15 pounds) I think a month, as part of a package with mobile phone coverage (and even then I'm stealing my girlfriends access to all this so I'm actually getting it for free).

PaulRoJo

League thirst since 1990? Temporarily quenched!
It's crazy that I, on the opposite side of the globe, have far greater and easier (and probably cheaper?) access to viewing of PL games. They price the locals out of the stadium, now you can live within 1km of the ground and not be able to see the team play. Make no mistake, there are a lot of culprits here, tv companies and also the club itself.

Here in Australia I can see every PL, CL, Europa League and some other competitions as well on demand, live, whatever for something like 30 dollars (which would be about 15 pounds) I think a month, as part of a package with mobile phone coverage (and even then I'm stealing my girlfriends access to all this so I'm actually getting it for free).
Same here (not stealing from your girlfriend, honest). Optus sport is $15 per month (8 pounds) for all prem, champs league and europa games live or on demandwith other stuff cheaply available through Bein

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Same here (not stealing from your girlfriend, honest). Optus sport is $15 per month (8 pounds) for all prem, champs league and europa games live or on demandwith other stuff cheaply available through Bein
Oh shit, only 15 bucks?? I mean you do have to be with Optus but even still... that's a good deal.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
If the crowds were in the stadium then yes, sadly we won’t see any I expect til October and then it’s going be highly reduced.

For us it won’t likely matter, others however

PaulRoJo

League thirst since 1990? Temporarily quenched!
Oh shit, only 15 bucks?? I mean you do have to be with Optus but even still... that's a good deal.
You don't even need a phone contract with them anymore. Every time I'm over in blighty I can't believe how much harder it is to watch a game. Us long distance plastics have it so fucking easy these days. I can remember staying up and tuning into 5live on BBC World service to hopefully catch a brief call (or at least hear the goals) and watching taped weekly highlights well after reading the scores and the tables buried deep in the sports pages of the Monday papers.

iftikhar

We pay our cable operator $5 for a bunch of channels. Most of which are shit, to me. But I get to watch 90% Liverpool games (PL and CL) alone with some documentary channels (mostly boring).

Limiescouse

That's a pretty brutal start to the season.

Chelsea and Everton away within the first 5 games, with Arsenal at home sandwiched in there as well.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member

It looks like the lower league clubs have stolen a march on the PL:
EFL: All Championship, League One and League Two games made available to view

"All English Football League games will be available to watch from home while matches continue to be played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

A "flexible framework" has been agreed with Sky Sports to allow all games not televised live to be streamed online.

The EFL says it is a "temporary measure" that will be "subject to regular review" from early October."

And no mention of any 3 pm Saturday embargo either.