• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Coaching Staff

Sweeting

Take this with a pinch of salt, but, what do you think? I am not sure.
And do you have any ideas who should replace Dr Massey?
I don't think many people will be able to give particularly useful feedback on this kind of thing but I vaguely remember him getting praise for his work at Arsenal and the Lions Rugby team.

Red over the water

Uniformed criticism eh? Police uniform? Nurses uniform? We demand to know where it’s coming from!

Calling the Liverpool Echo. Is there a sub-editor on staff these days?

Red over the water

PS - just saw the background to this, and Steve Nicol was downplaying the value of the throw-in coach.

I loved Nicol as a full back. Left, right, no bother. Great defender and got up there and weighed in with goals too, before we even fully knew what an attacking fullback was. Moved to the States after finishing playing, coached a while, then settled into the TV studio. He generally offers good value but as the years passed he also comes out with some bollocks, that either seems uncharitable or, more likely, just the sayings of a man who looks a bit out of his time.

battleofspionkop

he also comes out with some bollocks, that either seems uncharitable or, more likely, just the sayings of a man who looks a bit out of his time.
Seems it's much more this lately, but that could be said of the entire ESPNFC crew (is it an American sports coverage thing?). Generally an unhelpful bunch.