• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool FC Goal of the Season 2018-2019

Goal of the season?

• Mane vs. Man United

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mane vs. Watford

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Firmino vs. Arsenal

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Salah vs. Chelsea

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Salah vs. Bournemouth (home)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Salah vs. Bournemouth (away, his second)

• Salah vs. Southampton (away)

• Sturridge vs. Chelsea

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Alexander-Arnold vs. Watford

• Wijnaldum vs. Bournemouth

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Wijnaldum vs. Cardiff City

• Total voters

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
So when is this going to close? It is Premier League goals only after all....

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Still the Salah one. My appreciation of the Sturridge one is slightly tempered by my suspicion that a decent Keeper gets something on it.

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
You're all underrating Mané's goal. You just generally don't see goals like that. Most other players would try to swivel around to get a shot off, and by then would be crowded out by defenders. Mané was genius in that moment, managed to get tremendous power on a backheel, and finished the job.

Roo17

Still the Salah one. My appreciation of the Sturridge one is slightly tempered by my suspicion that a decent Keeper gets something on it.
is that a dig at chelsea's 2 quality keepers :well done: just because they dont want to come off doesnt mean they are no good. we know the definition of no good keepers with karius & at times Mignolet. If you look at the Sturridge one the ball swings late and dips at the moment the keep tries to save it. Salah was all power a driving flat shot to the far corner. Courtinho "the one trick pony" use to cut in on the opposite side and put it in the far corner. for me Salah's is way better then any courtinho goal for power and distance but Sturridge level of difficulty off 2 steps from distance wow! A typical strikers instinct.

Roo17

You're all underrating Mané's goal. You just generally don't see goals like that. Most other players would try to swivel around to get a shot off, and by then would be crowded out by defenders. Mané was genius in that moment, managed to get tremendous power on a backheel, and finished the job.
It was the 3rd best at the time i recall going "aaaah what a classy finish" cos he knew what he was doing and did it with confidence. You could argue his goal vs bayern is better.