Liverpool FC Quiz Thread

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
OK, time to revive an old classic thread since the real football has ended, and we're left with the dregs that are International "competitions". Should help us get through the summer (and my winter) and if it was anything like it was last time, a great bit of fun.

The way this works is that one poster asks a question, and the first person who answers it correctly gets to ask the next question. So there is only one question posed to the forum at a time.

Only real rule is: No. Googling. The. Answer. (we'll know if you did). Let someone else answer it, or if it's an imossible question then the person who posted it can ask an easier one.

I searched everywhere for the old quiz thread, couldn't find it. Mods, please merge this one into the old one if it's lying around somewhere.

First question: Who was the first player we signed from Africa (by nationality)?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Berry Nieuwenhuys? That's the earliest African I can "remember" for us, he was our top goalscorer just as the war started.

DeathOrGlory

Berry Nieuwenhuys? That's the earliest African I can "remember" for us, he was our top goalscorer just as the war started.
Yep, signed in September 1933 along with a fellow South African Lance Carr. Gordon Hodgson could've been the earliest but he went for English nationality.

Your turn!

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
Nivvy was one of my father’s favourite players.......apparently he was a real speedy winger with a great shot.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I have some weird LFC quiz questions, sorry in advance. lol

Gary McAllister won MOTM against Alaves in 2001. He received the little individual trophy wearing what top?

:-)

DeathOrGlory

I have some weird LFC quiz questions, sorry in advance. lol

Gary McAllister won MOTM against Alaves in 2001. He received the little individual trophy wearing what top?

:-)
At a guess, an Alaves top? lol