• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Liverpool FC Videos

FGred

What those two videos have underlined are the vital contribution of the underrated players like Lallana, Gini, Hendo and especially Divock Origi for those that want us to sell him where are we going to find a player of his quality that will be willing to sit on the bench?

MinniMo

What those two videos have underlined are the vital contribution of the underrated players like Lallana, Gini, Hendo and especially Divock Origi for those that want us to sell him where are we going to find a player of his quality that will be willing to sit on the bench?
I have always felt we would be a bit insane to let Origi go, he has scored some of our most vital goals, and really, not done a lot wrong.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Just saw The 30 Year Wait on BBC, what an incredible documentary (I won't link directly but if you go to reddit "footballhighlights" you'll find it). The LFC documentary A Golden Sky was good, as was Germany's Greatest Export, but this one has it all.
It was excellent. Sometimes these documentaries are full of talking heads who know next to nothing about the subject matter but this had real depth to it. On the BBC Iplayer now. I'd say it was essential viewing for anyone who wants to know more about the modern history of the club.

FGred

Just saw The 30 Year Wait on BBC, what an incredible documentary (I won't link directly but if you go to reddit "footballhighlights" you'll find it). The LFC documentary A Golden Sky was good, as was Germany's Greatest Export, but this one has it all.
Yes and the Hillsborough tragedy coverage still engendered raw emotions as if I was watching it on that day Really great video and happier emotions at the end were covered well and helped a little bit to heal some of the wounds with the families and survivors concerned.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
It was excellent. Sometimes these documentaries are full of talking heads who know next to nothing about the subject matter but this had real depth to it. On the BBC Iplayer now. I'd say it was essential viewing for anyone who wants to know more about the modern history of the club.
I felt the same way. It was great to hear from a variety of folks, from Hansen through Henderson, and the candid nature of the remarks added to its credibility.

Yes and the Hillsborough tragedy coverage still engendered raw emotions as if I was watching it on that day Really great video and happier emotions at the end were covered well and helped a little bit to heal some of the wounds with the families and survivors concerned.
I have to say I knew of Margaret Aspinall but hearing her account firsthand was moving. You could tell it meant a lot to her that we lifted the title on 96 points. I also thought was really poignant when George Sephton said that had his son been a yard away he'd be part of the Hillsborough Support Group. That hammered home for me (as someone who is not a "local") the reach that it had — although I guess in hindsight Gerrard's cousin being one of the 96 also reinforces how much it devastated the LFC family. Even though it won't bring back those we lost, glad our boys were able to give their loved ones something to cheer about this year.

MinniMo

Two names will forever be etched into my memory regarding Hillsborough - Ann Williams and Margaret Aspinall. The former sadly died before the correct verdict on the deaths were reached, but the work they have put into getting justice over the decades should never be forgotten.

Both Mums of young lads who perished that day