Liverpool Injuries - UPDATES ONLY. NO DISCUSSION

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin

This is a thread designed to keep track of our currently injured players and their return dates.

It is exclusively informative. If you see any reliable report about a new injury happening to a player, report it here. The discussion will then take place in the respective player thread.

Any non-informative post will be deleted. Please check the source of the news and make sure it's a reliable one. Read also the previous reports in order to prevent double or triple posts.

In order to help fellow posters taking the discussion to the respective player thread, please provide the link to it as well. Thanks in advance!

Banned and unwanted sources are the same as in The Unreliable Rumours Thread or the Twitter thread. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in posters being handed infraction points or bans in case of posting from forbidden sources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Last I heard he's working with the Boston-based Red Sox physios, working on his recuperation. Still pencilled in for an October return, as far as I'm aware.

Nikola

Admin
So far, our injured players are:

Sturridge (out until September after hip surgery)
Flanagan (out until New Year after knee surgery)
Teixeira (out with broken leg, return date not set as far as I know)

koptician

We'll go again!
So basically no functioning sturridge until the new year as it will take him time to come up to speed (and assuming there aren't any new injuries)

LiVeRp0oL89

Are we certain it was a leg break and not something less severe? Three months is incredible!

To be honest, I thought his chance had gone to get into the first team when I saw news of his injury. Delighted for him if he can take part in pre season as he deserves it after his stint at Brighton

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Liverpool's Joao Teixeira breaks leg on loan at Brighton
On-loan Brighton midfielder Joao Teixeira will be out for the rest of the season with a broken leg.
The 22-year-old, who is on loan from Liverpool, sustained the injury in the 0-0 draw with Huddersfield on Tuesday.
Teixeira, who was stretchered off after a challenge by Nahki Wells, has a fracture just above the ankle.
"Our thoughts are with Joao, as this is a real blow to him after such a good season for the club," Seagulls boss Chris Hughton told the club website.
"We all wish him a speedy recovery and return to action."
The Portugal Under-21 international joined Brighton in August and scored six goals in 35 appearances during his time at the Amex Stadium.
"He's been an important player for the club this season, both before and after I came to the club," Hughton added.
"I would like to thank him for his efforts during his time on loan here, and also Liverpool for allowing him to come."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32319586

thats pretty amazing by him to be back training already...

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
No mention of poor pickle Raheem? Currently in bed with Nightnurse and box of tissues. Second may be because he's a wanker though...
laziest person i know on 35,000 a week. Skiving of work when millions would jump at the chance for such a wage and job.

does pychosomatic count as injured?

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
laziest person i know on 35,000 a week. Skiving of work when millions would jump at the chance for such a wage and job.

does pychosomatic count as injured?
You do him an undeserved service. Psychoschematic is an estate wherein you believe that you are ill, even though you are not. Sterling was just taking the p*ss in order to engineer a move.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
What are his legs getting shorter? Situps improving? Look forward to having scouse lad back...squad a bit short on same

Last edited:

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Anybody got any idea what's happening with Sturridge? I see him doing lots of videos of him in the gym on instagram....is he close to kicking a football in anger?

Nikola

Admin
Anybody got any idea what's happening with Sturridge? I see him doing lots of videos of him in the gym on instagram....is he close to kicking a football in anger?
Not sure, mate, after all these injuries he's had plus that latest operation, I'd be highly surprised if he was ready to train with the ball before October, I just don't think he's that quick a healer.

MarcusBerglund

Limiescouse

I thought they were suggesting October or November at the time of the surgery.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Hope Beneteke stays fit and Ings and Origi can prove their worth, Sturridge cannot be rushed back.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Yeah. Pretty sure I've read late Sept as the scheduled return for Studge, but hopefully Benteke will be firing on all cylinders then and there won't be a pressing need to rush him back into the starting lineup straight away.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Fingers crossed, i hope benteke settles in quickly and we dont miss sturridge that much. It would ease pressure and give us the luxury of slowly integrating him back.
I just want flanno back, there has to be a local lad in the team!!

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
And we have our first addition to the thread. Joe Allen possible hamstring