Liverpool Injuries - UPDATES ONLY. NO DISCUSSION

FilthyBloke

Is the ox injury only being 12 weeks official? I can’t find it anywhere, only that the club are not setting a time on it?
Would be good if true

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I can't be the only person who shits themselves when they see an update to this thread.
I wished these sorts of posts were put in the pre-match for that reason. My heart can't take seeing it pop up the top in bold all the time.
If I may make a suggestion: Turn this thread into the equivalent of the twitter thread in the rumour mill. Allow only news for injuries and not discussions. Those can take place in the players' respective threads or perhaps in the pre-game thread.

redfanman

TIA Regular
If I may make a suggestion: Turn this thread into the equivalent of the twitter thread in the rumour mill. Allow only news for injuries and not discussions. Those can take place in the players' respective threads or perhaps in the pre-game thread.
Good idea. However, i think this thread acts as a containment for discussions around injuries that crop up from time to time when we have multiple players out. By limiting what goes in here, it is likely to encourage members to start threads to discuss whether there is anything that can be done to reduce injuries. These discussions are harder to keep within a player thread without going off topic.

K

Klopptinho

Good idea. However, i think this thread acts as a containment for discussions around injuries that crop up from time to time when we have multiple players out. By limiting what goes in here, it is likely to encourage members to start threads to discuss whether there is anything that can be done to reduce injuries. These discussions are harder to keep within a player thread without going off topic.
it's good to be able to come to one solitary place to see discussions about injuries and opinions on how long they maybe out for - If i don't know someone is injured then i'm unlikely to go snooping for the players thread .

Kopstar

★★★★★
It's in the player thread but thought I'd put it in here too as it keeps the injury updates together...

paul joyce

@_pauljoyce

·
2h

Joe Gomez has had ankle surgery. Will miss CL final and probably World Cup as well. Sacrificed himself for Liverpool when playing in pain v West Brom and Stoke City.

Not Worthy

It's in the player thread but thought I'd put it in here too as it keeps the injury updates together...

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce

·
2h

Joe Gomez has had ankle surgery. Will miss CL final and probably World Cup as well. Sacrificed himself for Liverpool when playing in pain v West Brom and Stoke City.
Any idea if this is related to his 10min appearance for England a few weeks back ?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Klopp doing this on purpose for certain players to miss Russia but just about return for our pre-season preparation... joking of course. Hopefully him, Ox (could be harder to predict his exact return) and Matip are back soon enough for the majority of our pre-season.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Puts his poor performance at RB recently in another light, eh? I think Klopp sees him as a future partner for VvD

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Any idea if this is related to his 10min appearance for England a few weeks back ?
According to the Echo:
"The 20-year-old sustained the injury early on during England's win in Holland in March and has struggled with the issue in recent weeks."

The article continues:
"With Jurgen Klopp short of options Gomez played through the pain barrier in the 2-2 draw at West Bromwich Albion and the goalless stalemate at home to Stoke City, a game during which his performance was criticised by some fans inside Anfield."

All credit to the lad for putting the club before his own interests. Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.

vjcpatriot

Sad news for Joe Gomez.

Lad just doesn't have a lot of luck when it comes to injuries. Hopefully he'll have a full recovery soon.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Why did Gomez have ankle surgery if the injury was to his knee? :eh?:
Because he isn't Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Gomez has had real problems with his knee(s), including his sustained absence earlier this year, but this time it was an ankle injury.

Because he isn't Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Gomez has had real problems with his knee(s), including his sustained absence earlier this year, but this time it was an ankle injury.
That's what I understood but then other posters came in with conflicting information. I am trying to follow all this but it gets confusing. Thankyou for clearing it up for me.
Btw I presume that this ankle problem isn't related to the knee problem provoked from his time with England or am I miles off?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
That's what I understood but then other posters came in with conflicting information. I am trying to follow all this but it gets confusing. Thankyou for clearing it up for me.
Btw I presume that this ankle problem isn't related to the knee problem provoked from his time with England or am I miles off?
I believe the ankle problem was caused in the England match in March.

Not Worthy

According to the Echo:
"The 20-year-old sustained the injury early on during England's win in Holland in March and has struggled with the issue in recent weeks."

The article continues:
"With Jurgen Klopp short of options Gomez played through the pain barrier in the 2-2 draw at West Bromwich Albion and the goalless stalemate at home to Stoke City, a game during which his performance was criticised by some fans inside Anfield."

All credit to the lad for putting the club before his own interests. Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Thanks, fella...

Kopstar

★★★★★
Graeme Kelly tweeting that AOC could be out for even longer than 9 months. If true it seems remarkable that the prognosis could fluctuate so wildly. Hope he's wrong.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Graeme Kelly tweeting that AOC could be out for even longer than 9 months. If true it seems remarkable that the prognosis could fluctuate so wildly. Hope he's wrong.
I would have been shocked if he was ready for the start of the season like some were reporting. 9-12 months is what I'm expecting. I don't think the club have mentioned how long he'll be out. Just that he should be back next season, which could be a full 12 months.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
According to the Beeb today:

"Liverpool and England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has undergone successful surgery after sustaining knee ligament damage last month.
The 24-year-old will miss the World Cup after suffering the injury in the Champions League semi-final first-leg win over Roma at Anfield.

"Knee surgery was a success and the hard work has already begun," Oxlade-Chamberlain wrote on Twitter.

He is expected to be fit in time for the start of the new season."

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Strange. He felt close enough to fitness to join up with the German national team...
Yeah what is up with that? He should want to play the CL final and we should be prepared to risk him getting reinjured by coming back to training too soon. Disappointed with this