Liverpool Injury Updates

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Libero

Libero Well-Known Member

The bruise doesn't always come out straight away but when it does by god it's a beauty

koptician and redfanman like this.
  2. lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle TIA Reserve Team

Philippe Coutinho is feeling ‘much better’ and is hopeful of being fit to face Southampton on Sunday following the thigh injury he sustained at Watford.

The forward was forced from the field after just 13 minutes of the Reds’ 1-0 win at Vicarage Road on Monday evening after a heavy challenge left him with a dead leg.

However, Coutinho is optimistic at being deemed fully fit and ready for action when the Saints visit Anfield this weekend.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “The injury is much better. It was a hard tackle and what happened was a dead leg. It caused a lot of pain in the area I was hit, but the pain has reduced now.

“At the moment, I am feeling very well – the first couple of days were the most painful.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...-coutinho-offers-latest-update-on-his-fitness

inaiq, Livvy, redfanman and 2 others like this.
  3. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Good to hear :-)

4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I think that was pretty much what we were expecting to hear, so we seem good to go against Southampton who are less likely to be as physical as some of our most recent opponents but present their own challenges.

5. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Klopp in his press conference today: “Phil yesterday was running for the first time – he looked a little bit like John Achterberg (lol) but it’s good news! We cannot be 100 per cent sure because we always have to wait to see how he improves, but in this moment, it looks rather positive.

Zoran, inaiq and redfanman like this.
  6. lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle TIA Reserve Team

7. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Lucas and Firmino are struggling for West Ham game after "feeling something" in midweek training.

8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Love?

9. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Not sure if that's what he's been searching fooor.

redfanman likes this.
  10. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Well that actually solves the conundrum I had

Lallana and Sturridge in

redfanman likes this.
  11. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

Would be tasty if in addition, he played Coutinho in behind both Sturridge and Origi, or if Sturridge actually plays out on the wing.

12. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

We'll see.

Couldn't give a shit how we set up but Lallana in that middle is a must for me, zero creativity from midfield for most of that Southampton game, opposite against Watford in which created far better chances even if they were less.

Then again i couldn't care less as long as we win.

13. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

God almighty, I hope not.

inaiq, redfanman and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  14. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

Me too, but purely because I don't think he has the physical capabilities to do it any longer. Certainly has the brain, but the chasing is probably beyond him..

15. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

It's not the chasing, but the moving of any sort. He was played there against Burnley and spent the entire game standing still out by the touchline.

16. redfanman

He made a couple of good runs in the Burnley game but didn't get the ball - Milner spamm3d it into a defender, Coutinho shot from distance instead of making the pass. Also recall Jason cousins of Anfield index posting some stats showing him dropping deep that match.

17. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

To be fair, Sturridge is so slow now he'd have to be in acres of space before you'd feel confident he'd get on to the end of the ball.

inaiq and redfanman like this.
  18. Zinedine Biscan

Not a fan of Sturridge playing wide, but if Bobby is either out or on the bench, surely this would be the perfect opportunity to go two up top with Dan and Origi?

19. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

The only chance of Sturridge being speedy from the wing is falling off a 737.

Wyld@Heart, inaiq and Scott Jones like this.
  20. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

And he wouldn't do a [*insert random muscle injury here*] while doing it either!

21. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Sort of had it for that first goal.

22. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Weirdly enough I thought he showed intelligent movement today rather than pace. The way he timed his bent run for the first goal showed he still has the presence of mind if not the fleetness of foot. There was a moment when he was clean through but unable to pull away from defenders as he used to do with the chance being lost

redfanman and Limiescouse like this.
  23. redfanman

Coutinho and Studge have had a good understanding when playing together since they joined. Coutinho playing more centrally may help Studge find those spaces.

24. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

This is true. If we need Sturridge for the last game, I think it's imperative that Coutinho plays deeper through the middle. Sturridge needs to be found with incisive through balls. No one better at that than Phil.

25. Zinedine Biscan

Two men up top as well. With Mane out, keeping the same formation as last time is a no-brainer really.

26. redfanman

Scott Jones and Livvy like this.
  27. koptician

koptician We'll go again!

Fair enough but so did Sturridge and Kewell and Vladi and...point is we can't bank on him being available for majority of seasons. Especially when he'll be getting tackled in midfield

28. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

29. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Bloody hell @legalalien, at a glance I thought that was Rodgers before new bird.

30. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/265022-clyne-withdraws-from-england-squad-due-to-injury
    Nathaniel Clyne has withdrawn from the England squad due to a back injury.

The Liverpool defender had been called up for the Three Lions’ World Cup qualifier against Scotland and subsequent friendly with France next month.

But manager Gareth Southgate confirmed on Tuesday that Clyne, who played 41 games for the Reds during 2016-17, will not be involved.

Hopefully not a serious injury :-(

redfanman and Scott Jones like this.