Liverpool Injury Updates

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Having to wait several weeks into the summer break to play a friendly, in an off tournament year, is utterly absurd. Glad he pulled out.

Kopstar and redfanman like this.
  2. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

With our extended schedule coming up, i'm sure our doctors werent too eager to prove him fit.

3. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

According to Bascombe: ''Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson and striker Sadio Mane will be fit for the start of their club’s pre-season training next month after recovering from injury.''

Maria, koptician, redfanman and 7 others like this.
  4. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

This should be under the new signings;-)
    Hopefully he comes back fitter faster stronger than before (is he worth $6million)

5. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

I'll be dead honest. When I saw this thread being commented on I had this irrational fear of seeing a headline that Salah was injured while collecting his bags at the airport.

Slightly paranoid I am

104TOSH, kotsebotse and Scott Jones like this.
  6. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

lol
    Likewise, but I expected something about Sturridge.

7. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Yeah.. who doesn't.

8. Danielzu

Danielzu Danielzu

It'll be good to see Ings back in action

9. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Yes, I haven't closed the door with him completely, why would I. I know it will be very difficult after what happened to him in the last 2 years (the probable scenario is that he gets fit and ready under our staff, gets some game time to prove it a little bit and then attracts interest, as he brings goals and work rate to go with it), but I just want to see him in these friendlies and what happens. We have options up front, but really it's not something that can't be fought, like the calibre Iheanacho has ahead of him at City par example.

TFC likes this.
  10. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

Heard Leicester are in for him for around £25m (Iheanacho).. looks quite likely but City are trying to insert a buy back fee and you can guess what Leicester think of that

11. MarcusBerglund

Lowton_Red and redfanman like this.
  12. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

Is Mane injured or still on his hols? Not in the squad for Hong Kong...

13. CymruRed

CymruRed TIA Youth Team

He's back in light training and running but they aren't going to risk him playing just yet,i think Klopp said he could be back playing in the tournement in Germany,after the games in Asia.

SoueysTash likes this.
  14. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

15. MarcusBerglund

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/269519-james-milner-fitness-update

James Milner will be monitored by Liverpool’s medical team over the coming days after feeling discomfort in his quad during the Premier League Asia Trophy final against Leicester City.

The vice-captain, who was substituted late in the first half of Saturday’s friendly victory in Hong Kong, reported to Melwood on Monday for tests.

Early assessments show that Milner’s problem is not serious, but the No.7 will complete a specific training programme this week in order to manage his availability to Jürgen Klopp before re-joining his teammates in their full pre-season schedule.

The Reds’ next fixture comes on Saturday against Hertha Berlin, before they participate in the Audi Cup in Munich next week and then complete their pre-season programme by taking on Athletic Club in Dublin on August 5.

At this stage, Milner is not ruled out of any of those matches, but decisions on his selection depend on his recovery and will be taken on a game-by-game basis.

16. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

17. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

18. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Finally Mane in training, took a while (especially after seeing little of him in the second part of last season), but hopefully he's all clear now and can put in some hard work for (hopefully) a longer season this time.

Zinedine Biscan and Red Skip like this.
  19. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Gomez (knee) and Origi (muscle injury, probably hamstring) are out of Audi Cup. According to Klopp, these injuries shouldn't be serious but the start of the season is coming close and Liverpool already have two defenders out.

20. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Played two games and he's out again? Damn... this boy shares the same gene as Sturridge or what?

Flobs likes this.
  21. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Players falling away like flies currently. Hopefully that will stop now, or by the going rate, we'll start the season scraping the barrel for 11 fit players...

22. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

He's got a knock and they'll be keeping him out as a precaution I am sure. 95.8% sure he'll start at RB against Watford. Not worried in the slightest.

23. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Klopp said Joe got a little knock on his knee during the Hertha game and he doesn't want to take any risk with him. Imo Klopp is only cautious, this isn't serious.

treboeth likes this.
  24. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

I hate this thread. Every time I open it it's the same sense of dread as a letter from the taxman.

25. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Agree! But things like knocks during a game are a quite normal thing I guess. I still think Clyne hasn't done his homework during the break properly and pulled his hamstring because of that.. I mean, even Sturridge has survived so far, that's quite an achievement?! (knock on wood)

26. Flobs

Flobs FADA

It's 'Touch wood' Livvy and strangely people touch their heads when they say it. :eh?:

Livvy likes this.
  27. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Actually, both are correct. 'Touch wood' is British English and 'knock on wood' is American. Hence the well known soul classic 'Knock on Wood'.

28. prest

prest Banned Users

Even the Injury Update thread is wildly off-topic. 'Tis the season. lol

29. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Do they knock their heads together in America? :J
    Actually I learn something every day. Perhaps 2.
    What's a soul classic?

30. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

these

CymruRed, legalalien and Livvy like this.