Liverpool Injury Updates

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Prolix

Prolix Long Time Nemesis™

3-4-3 diamond. Pete raves about it.

Something tells me this might not be the personnel you need for it, though. Just a hunch.

FGred and Kopstar like this.
  2. Samwise the Brave

Samwise the Brave Well-Known Member

I mean there’s no playmaker in DM, just as Pete discussed...

A few playmakers elsewhere though. One or two. Probably need more.

FGred likes this.
  3. Nikola

Nikola Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome. Admin

FGred likes this.
  4. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

FGred and Livvy like this.
  5. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Can someone get Klopp 25 rabbit foot or I am about to go to Thailand and summon them monks. Need a much better luck in injuries than we are suffering right now.

FGred, auzziez and Livvy like this.
  6. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Gomez rearranges his facial hair

A cunning plan, Herr Klopp

FGred likes this.
  7. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Well-Known Member

Or he's actually injured

FGred likes this.
  8. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

I think it's highly likely this 'recurrence' is an excuse to send him home without pissing off his team mates.

FGred, Battling Bessie, Livvy and 3 others like this.
  9. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed, I hope you are right.

Another reason for a phantom injury might be that Senegal don't want to be accused of failing to take the second game against South Africa seriously i.e. deliberately fielding a weakened team.

10. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

I'd suspect it's also partly that the Senegalese fans want to see their best players playing - and Mane is there best player - so this avoids upsetting too many.

FGred and Scott Jones like this.
  11. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/jurgen-klopp-admits-concern-over-13895232

Thats worded exactly like this whole thing was a plan from LFC and Senegal from the start. Klopp isn't caught in a lie ('concerned about fitness'), the next few days being critical to his recovery. Slight recurrence. Yeah-nah thats the biggest fence sit of an injury announcement I have ever seen - I won't promise he'll start but he'll play a fair chunk of the weekend match.

FGred and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  12. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

FGred likes this.
  13. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Thats him out till Feb, then he'll need to get match fit with the squad. The season is basically a bust for him. He's got to be gutted at how things have panned out.

FGred, Livvy and Maria like this.
  14. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

Let's hope there's a full recovery and no recurrence of the injury in future,maybe lay off the gym weights for a bit afterwards.

15. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Clyne would not be playing this entire season. Not sure if he’s going to get his spot back, judging by how Gomez been playing.

FGred likes this.
  16. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Also makes an incoming CB a real possibility in Jan rather than just us fans living in hope. With Joe in there at RB and doing well, depth at CB is of itself a concern without even taking into account Lovren's meltdown.

FGred and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  17. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Anfield kick about

Are Barca in for him?

18. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Fuck a duck.

I'll be pissed off if no signings are made in Jan. We are short on centre backs and the ones we do have are shit.

De Vrij and Gimenez are out of contract at the end of the season, so offer their clubs a bit of dough and test their resolve.

That or big Virgil.

Just somebody, please.

19. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Very unfortunate for Clyne. He is underrated defensively and we've seen a couple times this season where inexperience in the position has cost us a goal, but at the same time, the only way for Joe / Trent to get better is by playing so hope they take this opportunity and show Clyne is excess to requirements.

FGred likes this.
  20. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I can't believe this. This such a blow. I don't think Klopp can wait for Clyne to get better and fully fit which may not be until march April, Klopp needs to buy defensive reinforcements in January. I am sure Klopp wil take this into consideration and must have known this may have been the outcome of Clyne's prognosis and now has some footballer candidates in mind.

I wish Clyne well and best of luck and a speedy recovery.

FGred, Battling Bessie and Livvy like this.
  21. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Sh...

22. Nikola

I've already suspected we won't see him this season, no way he can play a significant part in our squad towards the end of the season, it will have been eight months since he last played by the time he recovers. Rotten, rotten luck, and he was our seemingly injury-impervious player. I can only hope he fully recovers for the next season. January will be big for both this and the next season.

FGred likes this.
  23. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

A problem we had at the end of the last window. We're missing a top line striker too....

FGred likes this.
  24. theres always tommorrow

theres always tommorrow It's enough to win but it feels better to win well

I would add a goalkeeper....

25. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Crap news, hopefully he can give us the final few months of the season or whatever. Frustrating when these weird injuries happen to players who are physically strong with stamina and everything (Henderson and now Clyne). Fingers crossed nothing major happens at CB (injuries, though we'll see if we do manage to get vDijk in January) as Gomez is now our first choice RB. Hopefully Trent continues improving and Milner shows more willingness to do a job at RB for the team if Klopp asks him here and there, considering this new situation.

FGred likes this.
  26. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

I agree not only his teammates but more importantly FIFA I think that it is a ruse as I watched his game against SA and he played 90 min at full pelt when he went off he looked quite spritely when he walked off. Anyway I hope I’m right as we will need him against the Saints Tram or bus.

27. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Could equally be exactly what they say it is -recurrence, but just minor tearing in the same muscle because he was not 100%, nothing too serious. If he plays on it, it becomes a problem, a week of rest and he is probably fine. Minor wear and tear injuries like that would not slow him down, but he would notice some inflammation and pain afterwards.

It is sort of amusing and sadly indicative that what might just be a national side responsibly balancing their own needs with club and player interests is producing commentary and suspicion of secret plans and ruses. He is a key player, they want to involve him, but his leg is not ready to go again after 72 hours without unacceptable risk. Maybe the club should send a memo to St.George's. That twit Hodgson dealt with a similar (and well understood) problem with Sturridge by suggesting Sturridge needed to demonstrate his desire to play.

28. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

He was never quite the same after Uncle Roy tested his 'wesolve'.

Irishanfield and FGred like this.
  29. Nikola

Red Armada likes this.
  30. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

13 games in 45 days, this thread will be interesting to follow... hopefully as little as possible.

LS12Red and lfc.eddie like this.