• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool v Anzhi Makhachkala 25th Oct 20.05

red_scott

TIA Youth Team
Young Boys up 2-0 against Udinese

We are top of the group if scores stay this way.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Love it when Suarez tried to dissuade the ref for awarding him a free kick by admitting he dived hah

Barnestormer

Left wing.
The referee is a complete w****r.

Apparently that's what it takes to get on in the game - terrible failure to award Assaidi that pen - the guy ran into him and barged him down!!! What the f do we have to do.

Colin

TIA First Team
Happy we are winning but not happy with us playing all our best players.......what is BR doing?

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Happy we are winning but not happy with us playing all our best players.......what is BR doing?
I like to see us field a credible side to win this match but also to see key players like suarez subbed out early to rest him for next game

gr_sounder

The ref is getting fed up with some things and trying to calm things down... it was bound to happen.

And before we get the ref sucks comments... 1 hand on the ball is possession.
Sorry if you don't like it... but that's the rule

kaeolian

TIA Youth Team
Quality front Dagger just for the lol`s if nothing else. Still as Mick said, a card really...

gr_sounder

At the expense of sunday?

Even Sterling is on, and Allen.

Overkill in a time where we needed to rest a few players.
Which is why he subbed out some players.
15-20 minutes tonight isn't going to kill anyone from a fitness perspective.

Besides, I am going to bet he also goes out to win against Everton on Sunday...

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
that was a sweet pass by Allen to get that move going...

Colin

TIA First Team
Which is why he subbed out some players.
15-20 minutes tonight isn't going to kill anyone from a fitness perspective.

Besides, I am going to bet he also goes out to win against Everton on Sunday...
Would like to think that goes without saying!!

....but playing Gerrard and Suarez all game is hardly a smart move. We need to keep our PL form up.

kaeolian

TIA Youth Team
This calm playing from the back stuff doesn't half make my heart rate rise.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Agreed - and this one goal lead has been vapor in the past for us....this game is not in the bag yet

gr_sounder

Would like to think that goes without saying!!

....but playing Gerrard and Suarez all game is hardly a smart move. We need to keep our PL form up.
Personally I think it is a smart move... if you can win this game, it will go a long way to confidence building and team building.
I'd much rather him get the win here and go into the weekend game on a high note than to "save" players and lose tonight and go in feeling defeated.

But then again... I think BR knows what he's doing and what his plans are and the state of the team better than those of us on here ... but I like him going for the win tonight.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Just as an aside I noted often no less than 5 barca player near and in the box in their match against Celtic 2 days ago. Whereas we barely have 3 at times. It's get abit better,but not much, when we aren't rushing the tempo of the build up which usually , then again, ended up with us losing possession .

We really have to put in work in committing numbers into the box. Barca a team overflowing with technically gifted players spare no men in doing that. What of we?

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Just as an aside I noted often no less than 5 barca player near and in the box in their match against Celtic 2 days ago. Whereas we barely have 3 at times. It's get abit better,but not much, when we aren't rushing the tempo of the build up which usually , then again, ended up with us losing possession .

We really have to put in work in committing numbers into the box. Barca a team overflowing with technical gifted players spare no men in doing that. What of we?
Was a big problem last season too. You're dead right. It's puzzling that we never seem to swarm the opponent's 18 yard box.