• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Liverpool v Burnley Pre Match EPL 11/07/20 KO 15:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Can’t help but feel slightly disappointed that we won’t get to see Naby from the start, but Jones definitely deserves a start, looking forward to seeing what he can do. I presume Wijnaldum will play to the right of the three to give Neco some protection this time after Ox did him no favours in the last game.
Could be, would make sense from a defensive point of view. Our right sided midfielder is usually the one playing more advanced though, so instinctively I assumed it would be Curtis on that side. Interesting to see how they do it.

Zoran

I think it could be Curtis at LCM, due to protection for Neco on the right. Although Naby played RCM with Gini opposite in the last game (and a few in the past).

won it at-a-turk stadium

TIA Regular Simpsons quoter
They're playing 4 defenders, two holding midfielders, a right back at right midfield, a winger on the left, one targetman and one small forward

Basically as defensive and shite as it gets

Long at CB has only played 4 matches this season. Can't wait for Mane and Salah to take this Boringly team apart

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Heard something interesting the other day regarding Burnley and some other mid table clubs hovering around Euro places. Specifically relating to Burnley: the logical thought is that all those clubs near the Euro places is to qualify but for a club like Burnley with very limited financial resource it only serves as a distraction, as they aren’t necessarily able to properly strengthen the squad for additional European matches. They’re more concerned with simply keeping a solidified standing within PL than they are an actual European place.

Status
Not open for further replies.