• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Liverpool v Crystal Palace [EPL 24/6/20 8.15pm]

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 22’, off 74’]

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Gomez

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Robertson [off 84’]

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Fabinho [GOAL 54’]

Votes: 90 84.9%
  • Henderson [off 64’]

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Salah [GOAL 43’]

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Firmino [off 74’]

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 68’, off 84’]

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 64’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Williams [on 74’]

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Minimino [on 74’]

• Elliot [on 84’]

• Keita [on 84]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XMarlin

Winning is pretty basic...all you have to do is remain totally composed and focused...

We did that today...last week...not so much.

jim bouki

Mane was in beast mode today they simply couldn't get near him. When he plays like this i don't think there's a better footballer on the planet. Not only on the ball his defensive work is outstanding seemed like whenever palace had the ball on their right side mane was closing them down in a flash. Robbo and Mo back in the team made all the difference. If i was an opposition wide player and i had to come up against robbo-mane on one wing and trent-salah on the other i reckon i'd fake a hamstring injury in training couple days before just to save myself the embarassment.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Ha ha!! I’ve just seen Gary Lineker’s opening comments on Match of the Day last night. “Good Evening, Liverpool’s failure to beat Everton on Sunday, has left the title race wide open”..........Really Gary, Wide open???

POBox

TIA Reserve Team
They don't do group hug and back climbing nowadays....

nikz200

Im so glad we looked sharp today with Salah back in the side. Its almost like light and day how dangerous offensively we are with and without him. Our front 3 feed off on another and thats what makes us dangerous, along with our fullbacks. Today fabinho was immense and when he is on form, he is practically world class. Its just that his injury and the process of him coming back to form has taken a while but yeah, he had a lot of time on the ball, pinging passes and hitting his tackles.

Also happy for Neco Williams who made his debut , he showed a lot and certainly a player to watch. I hope they don't loan him out and keep him and rotate him into the side as Trents back up. Gomez as well was good, Mane was as usual top class. Overall a great performance even if it was a Crystal Palace side who lost Zaha to injury in the 15th minute, I'm glad we didn't let them near the box and then on attack we were looking good. For this season , i hope we can finish the whole thing on a strong and emphatic note before the next season comes along.

Noo Noo

Happy days on beating Palace. Seems fitting that we had a fixture against them to take us to the precipice of our first league title in eon's.

It's almost as if Klopp is righting the wrongs of the last 30 years step by step. Beating Palace was another one.

Overall thing I took from the performance last night was the massive step up in intensity of our play. Night and day between last night and Sunday.

I'm actually looking forward to the City game now. No matter what the result is between them and Chelsea this evening. Last nights commentary did mention that the venue for our game is not yet certain. A decision on whether the game can take place at the Etihad is due later I believe.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I think we all needed that. I know I did. So far I've found Project Restart a bit underwhelming. A lot of half-arsed matches played in near silence but that was one of our best performances of the season. If you wanted to demonstrate what is so special about this team under Klopp then you'd just play that match back. We were unplayable.

Flobs

FADA
What an all round performance from Fabinho. Hopefully silenced a few doubters, showed why imo he is our best midfield player and so important in the six role.

Four goals of the highest quality as well, genuine pleasure to watch tonight.
That midfield is so aware and prepared to work. Both Gini and Hendo concentrate soo much. Ok they don't appear very creative but they shouldn't need to with 3 forwards and 2 fullbacks like what we have. They cover so much defensively.
I mean just look at who we play and their 451 set ups we go at them with a 235 set up. :giggle:

costared

TIA Reserve Team
There's nothing to compain about, except the lack of posters. ;) :D
Sorry Flobs. Had an early hospital appointment so shot off to bed as soon as the final whistle went. :)
What a team. Certainly would not have mattered who was in goal !
Not a poor performance on view. Have to agree that Fab was motm. Goals were all superbly crafted and executed.
Williams certainly looked the part when he came on and I loved that left foot volleyed cross by Harvey with the ball dropping over his shoulder, that was real class. Looking forward to tonight but even more so to our City game.

Flobs

FADA
Sorry Flobs. Had an early hospital appointment so shot off to bed as soon as the final whistle went. :)
What a team. Certainly would not have mattered who was in goal !
Not a poor performance on view. Have to agree that Fab was motm. Goals were all superbly crafted and executed.
Williams certainly looked the part when he came on and I loved that left foot volleyed cross by Harvey with the ball dropping over his shoulder, that was real class. Looking forward to tonight but even more so to our City game.
MOTM was soo difficult, I went with TAA, Salah and Firmino (after his performance against Everton Firmino really pleased me controlled everything soo well). Could have been any of them except Allison (who deserved credit against Everton for not falling alseep but he must have really enjoyed watching the other 10 ripping into CP like I did).
So encouraging to see us pressing like that for 90mins at Anfield.

Hope your trip to the hospital went well.