• Elliot [on 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keita [on 84]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
There's a large part of me that wants City to win today so that we can finish them at the Etihad.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Watching Burnley vs Watford just now. The phrase "Liverpool are in a different league" makes so much sense.
Im glad they offered an alternative on the other channel. After the Leicester game the novelty was wearing off Project restart. Then the LFC vs Palace game came along.....boom.

Limiescouse

Yes. Love Gomez, think he'll be a mainstay of our defence for the next decade, but Virgil is just a phenom.
Our defense had already improved a lot over the first half of that season, but the difference Virgil brings is ridiculous. I think a big part of this season's success has been the faith they've all had in each other, and a huge part of that is having the cross between James Bond, the Hulk, and Franco Baresi at the back. At this level all the players understand that pretty much everyone is a good player, but Virgil is in that very small group where other excellent players look at him and think "christ, how do you play against that?"

Watching both Cahill and Sakho have kittens trying to figure out what to do with him was so gratifying, not just because he's ours, but because of what it represents of our journey of the past few years.

the acceleration of Mo and Bobby to support Mane should he need it or if there had been a rebound for the 4th goal has been such a part of our season's success - much like TAA's goal in our 4-0 win over Leicester in December last year - the sheer workrate of the players has been powerful
It's a simple thing, but you score more goals when you have more players working hard to get into the opposition box. It was one of the things that most frustrated me about Rafa's sides. I appreciate what he was trying to do with the control fo the game, but it was often very sterile. It is so much more enjoyable to watch a team with a FB likely to pop up at the back post to put away a cross. And when you can ally that with game control it's incredibly effective.

Last edited:

redalways

TIA Regular
Our defense had already improved a lot over the first half of that season, but the difference Virgil brings is ridiculous. I think a big part of this season's success has been the faith they've all had in each other, and a huge part of that is having the cross between James Bond, the Hulk, and Franco Baresi at the back. At this level all the players understand that pretty much everyone is a good player, but Virgil is in that very small group where other excellent players look at him and think "christ, how do you play against that?"

Watching both Cahill and Sakho have kittens trying to figure out what to do with him was so gratifying, not just because he's ours, but because of what it represents of our journey of the past few years.

It's a simple thing, but you score more goals when you have more players working hard to get into the opposition box. It was one of the things that most frustrated me about Rafa's sides. I appreciate what he was trying to do with the control fo the game, but it was often very sterile. It is so much more enjoyable to watch a team with a FB likely to pop up at the back post to put away a cross. And when you can ally that with game control it's incredibly effective.
I'd honestly imagine if Rafa had the same crop of players we do now, we'd have rather similar results... Both Jürgen and Rafa seem to have similar philosophies as to how to ruthlessly dominate, but Rafa had a different approach on how to build a team to get there.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Odd how we smashed Crystal Palace without a crowd and yet bar City and Brighton everyone else is struggling without a crowd.

In fact Brighton are probably the only team who has bucked the trend.