• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool v Stoke 1 - 0

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
And we're off...

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Great football by Liverpool
Stoke still playing like cave men.
We missed lots of chances due to Bergovic being brilliant in their goal today.
Top of the League

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Thank fuck for that. 3 points. Sorted.

On a side note: Well done to the the Liverpool staff and Mignolet who clearly did their homework to know that Walters always goes for bottom left on penos. Amazing their chosen penalty taker is that predictable. Adam probably would have buried that. Hughes should probably never let Walters take penalties again.

RedLaw

JFT96
Holy god, I'm wrecked...

What a game. Mignolet needed that. Looked nervous the whole match but that penalty save should set his Liverpool career up nicely.

Gonna need to rest my thoat after the amount of shouting I did :lol:

Red Island

My f**king heart.Bad for the health but ill take one nil wins all season.Need a monster defender to sort out our set pieces!

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Our new keeper already is worth 2 points.
beyond me how Begovic is on one of the worst epl clubs. Any other keeper and we win going away. Lucas and Johnson were boss. YNWA.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Ref gave Stoke everything and so did the commentary.Owen is the worst commentator ever.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Thank Christ for that

Take your fucking chances then these sorts of things don't become a problem

But Mignolet has already gained us 2 points this season. Maybe last couple of years we might have tossed that up. Guess that's something

Not good for my health this shit. But this teams strength is our biggest weakness, wins we find rare against this mob. So glad we are off to a solid start...ish

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
Decent play, ok finishing and we still need to work on defending set pieces... nice one Mignolet!

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I know we won, but it was nerve racking, we were saved by our goalie. We should have got another goal as a safety net against Stoke. They were very good but we were good too and we were up against a fabulous goal keeper. At times I thought we were not ruthless enough but a win is a win and this is a great confidence booster for us.

ETA: these games are not good for my health.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Phew! Thank god that's over! Great game, but what happened in the 2nd half? Stoke didn't play so deep, but we clearly lacked the same energy that we had in the 1st half.

Was beginning to think we'd bought the wrong keeper until ......

TassieRed

TIA Regular
Got out of jail at the end there. In a game we thoroughly deserved to win.

Lots of chances created. Good chances. Finishing just not clinical enough. Good to see our old friend the woodwork making an appearance so early in the season.

Coutinho was class. Love him.

And Begovic deserves better than Stoke.

Colin

TIA First Team
How do we make things so ridiculous and dramatic? We deserved to win that 3-0 FFS

So relieved

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Mignolet... don't think I've ever seen a debut like that for a keeper before, got us three points today.

Played well, lack of finishing a bit of a concern, but Begovic played a blinder.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Just on my holidays , how did we do guys? My wife's making me switch phone off lol fill me in?

Danny_

Christ, that was some finish. What was Agger thinking with the penalty? Mignolet, just fantastic. Sturridge lasted a full 90 mins. Overall, a great start for us. We should have won by about 4 but we got through it and got the 3 points. That's all that matters.

Rooster

What a hit son
No secret anymore who is our play maker and he better get used to getting kicked up in the air.

Liked Hendo as well

Deserved the win. Proud.

abcd

My heart can't take that. Just so happy with the 3 pts. Was waiting for the almost inevitable equaliser. It once again shows that you have to finish teams off because they will always get a couple of chances. For once it wasn't one of those days. For a long time the team showed that they have the quality to challenge for top 4 but that nervy 15-20 minutes at the end if its repeated will cost us points during the season.

For now, the season is up and running with a win. Hopefully 1 or 2 more signings to come and I think all the new lads did well. Coutinho is starting to continuing to look like an absolute steal at 8.5m.

Colin

TIA First Team
Lucas or Allen said:
Ref gave Stoke everything and so did the commentary.Owen is the worst commentator ever.
Yeah, how did a Stoke player get MOTM? Is that not an embarrassment?

Libero

Still wasteful in front of goal, but a win is a win.

Fillet Mignolet !

Red Tiger

What a strike by Sturridge, amazing save my Mignolet, brilliant passing by Coutinho...

Cissokho, Willian, Suarez and one more still to come. Looking good.