Liverpool vs Southampton (h) - Saturday 21 Sep - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Arminius said:
He was quite poor in possession, not just with turning it over, but in losing the momentum of ball movement. Southampton's pressing has been very effective against our desire to play out from the back in large measure because of this. I think it was a poor gamble to play him as a fullback, he looks far more comfortable as a centre back.
Do you think we should have started Sakho at CB instead of Agger? Or just not start Sakho at all?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
alphakilo said:
Do you think we should have started Sakho at CB instead of Agger? Or just not start Sakho at all?
In hindsight, maybe Sakho and Agger should been transposed. Agger is a far more reliable outlet as a fullback. Cannot say that Enrique coming on has changed everything, so I won't pin this poor outing on Sakho.

kwala

TIA Regular
Please just score a 2nd Southampton so I go and do something more interesting than shouting obscenities at a computer!

alphakilo

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
just as i thought BR was getting his act right, but he got exposed again by poor transfers and tactics
So basically no change. You think he's shit. We knew that already. I hope you're feeling good about yourself though :)

ptt

2020, head of the table.
The longer we wait to equalise and go on to win, the greater the chance of Kwala exploding!

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Colin said:
It will definitely end 1-1, which is still a bad result
Yeah the thought of being happy with a draw at home to Southampton is bleak but I can't even see us getting that at the moment, very poor indeed!

slufsar

10 points after 5 games isnt an issue. the issue is how shiet our midfield is.

Herb

Poor team selection and some truly woeful play today. Still, 10 points from 15 is what I expected.

kwala

TIA Regular
ptt said:
The longer we wait to equalise and go on to win, the greater the chance of Kwala exploding!
Nah, the less chance my monitor has of making it through the next 10 minutes!!

We have been so shit I have already accepted we have lost.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
kwala said:
Please just score a 2nd Southampton so I go and do something more interesting than shouting obscenities at a computer!
Good God !

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
slufsar said:
It's slow

But the starting shape was all wrong. Combined with a persistent poor mentality which resurfaced under pressure

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
alphakilo said:
So basically no change. You think he's shit. We knew that already. I hope you're feeling good about yourself though :)
well, at least i wouldn't even fathom playing 4 CBs across the back four and getting aspas in the middle..oh wait, i wouldn't even think of buying Aspas at all...

If someone like me who do not have even a coaching badge can see that 4 CBs and a central aspas will not work, it says a lot about the manager's tactical acumen...

jerusalemred

Resident Fashionista
gerarrd avoiding tackles. enrique wasteful passes. sturridge selfishness. we seem not to thrive under pressure.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
slufsar said:
The issue is that to be a top team you have to beat teams like Southampton at home to add to those 10 points.

Toro

Florida Red
This official was in charge for two matches at Anfield last season. We lost both of them.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
well, at least i wouldn't even fathom playing 4 CBs across the back four and getting aspas in the middle..oh wait, i wouldn't even think of buying Aspas at all...

If someone like me who do not have even a coaching badge can see that 4 CBs and a central aspas will not work, it says a lot about the manager's tactical acumen...
I know. A proper manager would be getting a good performance and result in every game. Not to mention getting every tactical decision and transfer right.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Gerrard just lost the ball, didn't chase it as it went toward the LFC backline, and not one defender moved to get it. Terrible performance now.

chill0ut

TIA New Signing
gerrard in second half no comments... he just walking and loosing balls away...

Status
Not open for further replies.