Liverpool vs Southampton (h) - Saturday 21 Sep - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Toro said:
This official was in charge for two matches at Anfield last season. We lost both of them.
Do we deserve anything from this though, I can't blame the ref here, we have been shit!

Bluboots

King of Sardinia
Look at us... they just jog around, let Southampton have the ball, Southampton immediately press fast and hard... fucking joke.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Lots of shaking heads, complaining etc from the players

Something you rarely see from the man us of this world in these situations

What's worse is that Mignolet has been worked a lot harder than their keeper

Piss awful display all round

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
We really do not look together out there....strange set up from the start and hasn't got any better

zooz

TIA Youth Team
Every time one of our stupid players comes out saying "we're title contenders blah blah" crap, we lose the game. Piss off!

rab

slufsar said:
10 points after 5 games isnt an issue. the issue is how shiet our midfield is.
Same midfield three we've been playing since our last defeat in March though. Question is why have we lost the ability to control the ball and dictate games if the personnel is still the same?

For me Henderson, Lucas and Gerrard means only Henderson is really mobile enough to bring the ball forward. He however isn't naturally inclined to break beyond the forward line so we end up very flat and that interchange between midfielders and attackers only happens by passing the ball forward or forwards dropping deep.

kwala

TIA Regular
Gerrard has been fucking terrible today. i'd bench him for this performance.

ReRangles

This has just been made so much worse due to headlines like; 'Moses:" Liverpool can win the league." What an absolute joke today has been.

Off_The_Heezay

TIA Youth Team
Gerrard has comfortably been our worst player today. Not often you get to say that, but he's been terrible.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Why the hell are we not 'monstering' them now, in the last ten minutes? Where the fuck are our bollocks? This is a terrible limp-wristed performance.

jerusalemred

Resident Fashionista
its very telling that when enrique and sterling came on they under perform and can't cope under pressure. bad man management from rodgers. A good manager psyches up his fringe players so that if they perform they will be in the first team.

rab

kwala said:
Exhibition play from Southampton. We are utter garbage.
Second loss since March, garbage indeed.

Watch that knee jerk doesn't propel you down a flight of stairs or anything.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
RedRangles said:
This has just been made so much worse due to headlines like; 'Moses:" Liverpool can win the league." What an absolute joke today has been.
and now he'll know what it really feels like being a Liverpool player!

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
alphakilo said:
I know. A proper manager would be getting a good performance and result in every game. Not to mention getting every tactical decision and transfer right.
well, so far , do we actually have depth to start with? In addition, it seems that he still cannot rectify the fitness problem for the 2nd half. Well, to play 4 CBs in a back four is so naive that everybody, his mom and his dog are able to see that it wouldn't work offensively nor defensively...

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
RedRangles said:
Saw the same thing happen before most of our defeats last season

People don't learn very fast here. I do blame the manager a bit. He needs to tell people to keep their heads down a bit from time to time. But it's a weakness he has had himself though he's toned down some of the OTT stuff from last year

Mentality awful out there today but a really bad team selection got us off on the wrong foot. You do need a basic defensive to offensive shape at the very least

Arminius

FSG PR plant
RedRangles said:
Well, next week those stories will be '...can finish in the top 4", because we won't be in the CL spots on Sunday night in all likelihood. We will be back to chasing soon enough.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
we have been found out dont deserve anything from this game.
MOtM Mingolet again how many times so far this season.
No desire no fight players just looking at each other

kwala

TIA Regular
Have Southampton got 4 extra men on the pitch? They have spare men in defence, Midfield and Attack all at the same time?

This is the worst performance I have ever seen from a Liverpool side.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Woeful, tactically and in team spirit.

Have anyone seen whether Sturridge contributed anything out wide during the whole fucking match? Wtf is 4 CB for when we conceded due to a corner and can't even touch the ball when win corner. And when was the last time we ever created chance or score with a cross

And God we don't even move up the pit and trying win back possession with 1-0 behind.

Tactical gamble? More like "how to lose against Southampton at home"

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
alphakilo said:
Brilliant Enrique. His missing passes was all we were missing.
When it goes wrong it goes wrong big time....we could have had Pele and Cruyff on the bench and he would have played them both in goal today

alphakilo

TIA Regular
RedHed said:
Agreed. Though as a new poster, but a fan for 30+ years, I'm not sure how a posting record is relevant.
Fingers(and legs) still crossed!
I was referring to the distrust towards Rodgers. I just feel there is a very salient justification behind that, despite many people saying otherwise.

COME ON YOU RED MEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.