Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sweeting

Finished 4-1

Tyler Morton scored for Liverpool

Liverpool finished with nine men.

Sepp van den Berg sent off for a professional foul.
Leighton Clarkson sent off late in the game for pushing someone who had fouled him. The Liverpool Echo described it as a "pretty pathetic decision".

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
It's a shame that the likes of Jones and Williams won't be getting much playing time until the end of season, taking into account fitness and form of first teamers, but I think it's safe to say that the first team gained two new players in them, at least when it comes to the next season. Jones, admittedly, had a poor game against Chelsea and was at fault for the second goal but if FA Cup elimination is what he needed to get his head down, not be overconfident and learn when to play a simpler game, I won't have issues with it.

Whole team faded in the second half but Williams looked very good in the first half, even if Pedro was instructed to exploit the space he left when he bombed forward. He put in a number of excellent crosses and prevented a certain goal, though his mix-up with Gomez should have resulted in one for Chelsea. Overall, I'm really surprised and pleased with his contribution this season.

In hindsight, maybe Chirivella should have been playing last night instead of Fabinho, maybe he deserved a game more than other Liverpool kids but I understand Klopp's decision.

Sweeting

Liverpool U23s' Premier League International Cup tie with Wolfsburg on Tuesday evening has been postponed.

Details on the rearrangement of the quarter-final will be confirmed in due course.
Cancelled due to coronavirus apparently.