Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Premier league retained lists were published. Any idea what does "Excess period" mean for Varesanovic and Brookwell?
Extension of Agreement

4.1 If by reason of illness or injury the Scholar is prevented from participating in the Football Development Programme for a period in excess of five weeks (hereafter “the excess period”):
4.1.1 the duration of this agreement shall be extended by the length of the excess period or, if earlier, until the Scholars nineteenth birthday; and
4.1.2 within fourteen days of the end of the excess period the Club shall give written notice to the League and to the FA indicating the date to which the duration of the agreement is extended.
4.2 The Club shall be entitled to extend the duration of this agreement by one year by giving to the Scholar written notice to that effect on or before the third Saturday in May in the second year of the agreement and a copy of any such notice shall be sent to the League and to the FA within fourteen days of the date on which it was given.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Premier league retained lists were published. Any idea what does "Excess period" mean for Varesanovic and Brookwell?
Sorry to sidetrack but how the fuck is Marco Van Ginkel still a Chelsea player? Just looked hes been there since 2015 and only had 4 senior appearances? Dear Fowler that can't possibly be right?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Sorry to sidetrack but how the fuck is Marco Van Ginkel still a Chelsea player? Just looked hes been there since 2015 and only had 4 senior appearances? Dear Fowler that can't possibly be right?
5 years is nothing for Chelsea. I think there was a keeper who was on their books for so long that he was nearly due a testimonial. Never played a single game for them.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Poland has nice goalkeeping culture. Maybe not some world beaters, but you can see a lot of solid or good ones in this time/coming through.

Joe Gomez x

Poland has nice goalkeeping culture. Maybe not some world beaters, but you can see a lot of solid or good ones in this time/coming through.
Definitely Sqzencey, Fabinanski and Boruc etc. Great goalkeepers for such a ‘random’ nation. Him and Ojrnski are two talented keepers in our ranks. Hope for good futures. Anyone know much about how Orjinski is?? Didn’t see any u18 games this year, is he good?

Sweeting

Definitely Sqzencey, Fabinanski and Boruc etc. Great goalkeepers for such a ‘random’ nation. Him and Ojrnski are two talented keepers in our ranks. Hope for good futures. Anyone know much about how Orjinski is?? Didn’t see any u18 games this year, is he good?
We also have Grabara from Poland and Jaros from Czech Republic. We do like our Eastern European goalkeeping prospects.

Orjzynski I think wasn't quite as impressive as hoped for this season. He is capable of superb saves, he is physical and fairly commanding. In pre-season he trained with the first team and apparently coaches were so impressed that he was considered for fast tracking into the U23s and potentially challenging Kelleher for the 3rd choice position.

In the 18s though he was a little disappointing in some games, the 6-3 defeat to West Brom was probably his worst performance where you could arguably say he was at fault for at least 4 of the goals.

Not writing him off though, he's only 17 and has a bright future but personally I think Vitezslav Jaros is the best GK prospect at the Academy - possibly the best GK prospect our Academy has ever had - as long as he returns well from his injury.

Joe Gomez x

We also have Grabara from Poland and Jaros from Czech Republic. We do like our Eastern European goalkeeping prospects.

Orjzynski I think wasn't quite as impressive as hoped for this season. He is capable of superb saves, he is physical and fairly commanding. In pre-season he trained with the first team and apparently coaches were so impressed that he was considered for fast tracking into the U23s and potentially challenging Kelleher for the 3rd choice position.

In the 18s though he was a little disappointing in some games, the 6-3 defeat to West Brom was probably his worst performance where you could arguably say he was at fault for at least 4 of the goals.

Not writing him off though, he's only 17 and has a bright future but personally I think Vitezslav Jaros is the best GK prospect at the Academy - possibly the best GK prospect our Academy has ever had - as long as he returns well from his injury.
Good to hear, don’t think I’ve ever seen Jaros yet. Wasn’t he in goal in pre season against Tranmere? Could have seen him there but obviously must have been quite.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
No Dudek? :eek:

Sweeting

Good to hear, don’t think I’ve ever seen Jaros yet. Wasn’t he in goal in pre season against Tranmere? Could have seen him there but obviously must have been quite.
Yeah he played in preseason but got injured and was out for nearly the entire season.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Awesome! Can see big things in this kids future. Reminds me of guys like Maxi and Tevez, little, stocky, strong, firecracker types. I've got a feeling he'll one day just start putting the ball in the net and won't stop.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Awesome! Can see big things in this kids future. Reminds me of guys like Maxi and Tevez, little, stocky, strong, firecracker types. I've got a feeling he'll one day just start putting the ball in the net and won't stop.
Hopefully he will be the real deal, we've had a few attacking youngsters that have promised a lot at youth levels, in recent years but never quite made the step, but Harvey looks confident lad and also little stronger than most, it would be great to see him really make it at Liverpool.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Question:

How does the thing with the compensation fee work? Can remember that in Solankes case it took more than 12 month until the fee was agreed. Harvey arrived a year ago and the compensation is not yet decided. Why does this take so long?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Of course, Dudek as well. That's why I said, not world beaters, but a number of good ones. There's another young one, Marcin Bulka, who PSG brought in from Chelsea last summer.

Who knows, if we don't get a first team goalie, it can still be a successful story like it was with Gulacsi (went on to have a good career) and Ward (we got a very nice profit).

Sweeting

Question:

How does the thing with the compensation fee work? Can remember that in Solankes case it took more than 12 month until the fee was agreed. Harvey arrived a year ago and the compensation is not yet decided. Why does this take so long?
I think for players out of contract and under 23 then the teams have to agree compensation, or go to a tribunal.

For Elliott I am not sure. The FA set up the new Youth Academy categories (1, 2, 3, 4 or uncategorised) which, amon other things, sets a benchmark for payment - a category 4 academy gets less than a category 1 for example.

However, I think the fee also has to take into account things like international caps and first team appearances which is where it starts to muddy the waters as teams disagree on what a PL appearance is worth etc.

Sweeting

£7m would be nearly the same fee as we paid for Danny Ings (£8m) who had 122 PL appearances and 13 U21 appearances.

£3m was the tribunal fee for Solanke and he had possibly the best youth career of any English player ever.

£7m is probably going to be judged as wildly expensive by a tribunal but Fulham know that.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
£3-4m is fairer valuation, from when we signed him, you cant judge how much he is worth now, after spending a season under the coaching of Klopp and Liverpool.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
It seems now would be a good time to make some signings from Europe as it will evidently be more difficult after when the final nail is in the Brexit
coffin at the end of December.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So, with Lewis probably out on loan next season and Larouci out. Will James Norris get U23 games or?