Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Joe Gomez x

Wonder if Sepp and Ki-Jana will be loaned out next season? That will put Rhys into the side after a successful loan but leave us very limited at right full. Unless Neco will play there alongside watching from the bench for the first team

costared

TIA Reserve Team
From a recent interview, I got the impression that he would be ready to train in pre-season - if there's a pre-season anymore!

I thought he had already started training. Obviously will take him a while to get up to speed. Interesting to see how he progresses.

Mystryman01

Any clue on who may be loaned out next season??
If I was in charge I'd be loaning out:
Phillips (Championship/Lower Premier League)
Woodburn (League 1)
Kelleher (Championship)
Lewis (League 1)
Millar (Championship)
Gallacher (League 1/2)
Kane (Championship)

I'd also try an sell:
Grujic (Like him as a player, but doesn't seem fancied at all)
Ojo
Karius
Awoniyi
Ejaria (If the deal with reading hasn't gone through)
Larouci

I'd also Keep Around the Squad Next Year:
Grabara (3rd choice keeper)
Wilson
Brewster

Joe Gomez x

Woodburn (League 1)
Kelleher (Championship)
Lewis (League 1)
Millar (Championship)
Gallacher (League 1/2)
Kane (Championship)

I'd also try an sell:
Ojo
Karius
Awoniyi
Larouci

Wilson
Brewster
I’d like to see Sepp loaned out. Bring Williams back into the u23 as replacement after his loan spell and get Sepp some football. Maybe League 1? Hoever aswell if possible...

Redopium

Woodburn (League 1)
Kelleher (Championship)
Lewis (League 1)
Millar (Championship)
Gallacher (League 1/2)
Kane (Championship)

I'd also try an sell:
Ojo
Karius
Awoniyi
Larouci

Wilson
Brewster
According to some the following are for sale.
Wilson 25m
Ojo 4m
Woodburn 2m
Kane 2m
Phillips 4m
Grugic 20m.

For me ojo, Woodburn and Phillips need to be moved on permanently.

I would loan

Brewster
Grabara
Hoever.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
According to some the following are for sale.
Wilson 25m
Ojo 4m
Woodburn 2m
Kane 2m
Phillips 4m
Grugic 20m.

For me ojo, Woodburn and Phillips need to be moved on permanently.

I would loan

Brewster
Grabara
Hoever.
I don't see any point in selling Ben for 2 million. Give him another loan and see if he can increase his value. His potential is much higher than that.

Redopium

I don't see any point in selling Ben for 2 million. Give him another loan and see if he can increase his value. His potential is much higher than that.
I would not be selling Phillips or Kane for that price either but the club might be trying to raise money for new signings, we can only guess.

Mystryman01

I’d like to see Sepp loaned out. Bring Williams back into the u23 as replacement after his loan spell and get Sepp some football. Maybe League 1? Hoever aswell if possible...
Forgot about Rhys Williams, was very high rated a year ago, and had a very productive loan spell in what I suspect would of been very difficult conditions in Conference North for an 18 year old
I'd agree Sepp defo needs a loan, and then Williams, Boyes and Clayton would be the main centre Backs for U-23

I personally have never seen Hoever as a CB, always looked to be a RB , but rumours for the club always seem to have him as CB prospect, maybe because of the progression of Neco Williams now

Joe Gomez x

Forgot about Rhys Williams, was very high rated a year ago, and had a very productive loan spell in what I suspect would of been very difficult conditions in Conference North for an 18 year old
I'd agree Sepp defo needs a loan, and then Williams, Boyes and Clayton would be the main centre Backs for U-23

I personally have never seen Hoever as a CB, always looked to be a RB , but rumours for the club always seem to have him as CB prospect, maybe because of the progression of Neco Williams now
It’s strange as I was expecting an u23 back line of Neco-VDB-Hoever-Larouci. Boyes seems to be rated more than Hoever at centre half. Think Hoever height is an obstacle to be honest at 5,11.

Yeah Sepp seems raw at the minute and needs some proper football down the leagues. It’s perfect as now Williams has made the jump from u18s-first team-u23s and can replace SVB for this year.

I’d like to see Hoever go out on loan aswell but I don’t see and alternative right back to cover for him bar Neco who will be with the first team most of the time. Although with a new left back taking his spot on the bench maybe he can play more u23s than we would of thought.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
It’s strange as I was expecting an u23 back line of Neco-VDB-Hoever-Larouci. Boyes seems to be rated more than Hoever at centre half. Think Hoever height is an obstacle to be honest at 5,11.

Yeah Sepp seems raw at the minute and needs some proper football down the leagues. It’s perfect as now Williams has made the jump from u18s-first team-u23s and can replace SVB for this year.

I’d like to see Hoever go out on loan aswell but I don’t see and alternative right back to cover for him bar Neco who will be with the first team most of the time. Although with a new left back taking his spot on the bench maybe he can play more u23s than we would of thought.
I've never been impressed with Boyes whenever I've seen him. Always thought he's been kept on just to make up the numbers.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
I can understand wanting more for ben and Kane, but the boat has seemingly sailed on having a Liverpool career, so at some point I'd thank them for what they've done so far and let them go for 500k to a good situation for them, especially in moment when teams they could play in are probably broke. I don't know. It's a tough one.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

No, he was referred to as being a CB when we signed him.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I think Brewster could do a job for the first team. We often need someone a bit different to change things in attack and he is a bit different. Very sharp in the box and has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Did very well at Swansea but not sure how much another loan will improve him. A season training with the first team and getting some match time from the bench could be more beneficial.
I see Grabara getting Kellehers games assuming Kelleher goes on loan. Hoever is a tough call. I rate him highly but not sure what the best route is for him.
The rest I see being sold or if no decent offers come in getting another loan.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
I think sooner rather than later we need to show that going out on loan doesnt mean you have no long term future at the club.

I am hoping Brewster Grujic is the first of those.
FIFY

I keep seeing Marko on everybody’s list of players we should sell this summer; I can only assume that nobody has been watching the Bundesliga. He’s been colossal for Hertha and is easily capable of filling a place in our squad.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I wouldn't loan Hoever out personally, hes such a unique talent that I wouldn't trust any other club with his development.
I think that's an underrated part of Klopp's work. Who to loan and when/where. Of course, most fans mainly play a FM season in their head and it's about selling/loaning out everyone. I think Rodgers was much more about shipping players out on loan, focused on experience they would get. But Klopp I think first gives the best talents a little while to feel Melwood, for them to realize what are the principles and standards. If you loan them out too quickly and rashly, when they come back they still have to learn about how we play and a hundred other things. From everything we could read about Klopp's training, I think those 11v11's (or smaller games with less players) are of real quality and intensity. The best ones will mainly go nowhere until the staff feel they passed that first Melwood test. Training, yeah. Having a tight squad allows that. Then they can go out and get playing time at the right place. Or if they do well/better than expected, they can remain without ever going out on loan. I think it's the same with injured players, you can often hear Klopp saying that player x is fit to start training, but not join the group yet. That's probably the area where Klopp is at his best (and also willing to let Pep bring a bit of his influence in the mix, which helped us in the last two seasons), apart from being a simply fantastic character/motivator.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I wouldn't loan Hoever out personally, hes such a unique talent that I wouldn't trust any other club with his development.
What would you predict as his future career path? Do you think he'll make it as a CB? Seen few concerns over height (although I think his height may be listed wrong) for the kind of pressure Klopp puts his CBs under due to opposition being limited to lots of long balls over the top, crosses, set pieces and such. He seems to impress at RB but not sure if its a natural role that fits him well. I've had an suspicion that he could actually perform a Fabinho style number 6 role real well too. I could be looking too much into it though and the obvious answer of CB might be the right fit.

Sweeting

What would you predict as his future career path? Do you think he'll make it as a CB? Seen few concerns over height (although I think his height may be listed wrong) for the kind of pressure Klopp puts his CBs under due to opposition being limited to lots of long balls over the top, crosses, set pieces and such. He seems to impress at RB but not sure if its a natural role that fits him well. I've had an suspicion that he could actually perform a Fabinho style number 6 role real well too. I could be looking too much into it though and the obvious answer of CB might be the right fit.
I think he will come into the team as a full back (although that is tough at the moment but maybe Williams will be moved to back up Salah for a while to work on his attacking game) before becoming a CB. Like you I think he's significantly taller than his listing suggests and physically he looks strong for a guy who is only just 18.

I haven't seen him play as a 6 and midfield is totally different so I wouldn't be confident in predicting him as a DM but he's very talented and Liverpool are not scared of moving players around the field.