• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Any idea how this came about?

Was the job being advertised or did we seek him out?
O’Neil told talkSPORT : “I was speaking to a few lower league clubs about managerial roles and I know one of the guys at Liverpool, so I sent my CV to him purely to ask him if it’s any good, because I’d never done a CV before!

“I never heard back from him because obviously he’s very busy, and then about six weeks later I got a call from the academy manager and asked if I’d go up for a chat.

“So I went up a few times last year, had a look around, they sort of interviewed me a few times and managed to get the Under-23 assistant coach role. I’m delighted.

Joe Gomez x

Has Dal Varesanovic signed a pro deal yet or has he been released. Can’t find anything on his future with us compared to all the other lads??

Mystryman01

Good loan for Boyes, interestingly they currently don't look like they have a CB on their books, quick search of their current 20-21 squad showed couple of RB and LB's but no CB's. So assume he'll be straight in for the first team.
He joins ex Liverpool player Jordan Rossiter who had a decent loan their last season and has now joined permenantly
They should definitely pushing the play offs again

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
@Sweeting
With Neco, SvdB, KJH, Curtis, Elliott, Brewster (and maybe Glatzel) Klopp identified our elite talents who will be very close to the first team next season.

Personally I don’t think we will play full youth teams in the domestic cups again and will take them a bit more serious.

But if you could chose one more youth player who could break into the first team next season - who would you give the biggest chances?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
@Sweeting
With Neco, SvdB, KJH, Curtis, Elliott, Brewster (and maybe Glatzel) Klopp identified our elite talents who will be very close to the first team next season.

Personally I don’t think we will play full youth teams in the domestic cups again and will take them a bit more serious.

But if you could chose one more youth player who could break into the first team next season - who would you give the biggest chances?
Not the first team, but to be included around first team training it would be Clarkson and Stewart for me, but I defer to @Sweeting

Mystryman01

@Sweeting

I'd say Clarkson, early days but looks an extremely good holding midfield player
And then maybe Cain or Norris

Sweeting

@Sweeting

As others have said the next one in that line is Leighton Clarkson - although I don't think he's an elite prospect, neither is Jake Cain.

The next top prospect we have is Billy Koumetio but I don't expect him to break in this season. Hes a big, strong and quick centre back who likes to play with the ball at his feet and step into midfield.

James Norris needs to develop physically but if he does then he could be a great talent, he's an electric wing back with great technical ability.

Layton Stewart is not my favourite prospect as I don't think his ceiling is that high but can't deny he has played well and scored a lot of goals. Interesting to see him go to U23 level this season or even on loan and see how he does.

Limiescouse

As @Joe Gomez x said he would have been headhunted - it looks like he has been working with the club since just before the lockdown.

He knew Michael Edwards from their time together at Portsmouth.
He was a player who under Rafa we nearly bought a couple of times. I wonder if there was still some connection from those links.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
He was a player who under Rafa we nearly bought a couple of times. I wonder if there was still some connection from those links.
As Sweeting says, he knows Edwards. My inference from what he's said is that he asked Edwards to look over his CV as he'd never done one before. He was just after feedback. Doesn't hear back for a few weeks, and then the club ask him to come in for a chat and he's offered the U23 job.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Anyone know what is happening with Kamil Grabara ? I thought he was a better prospect than Kelleher before he went on loan to Huddersfield but have heard nothing since the season ended.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Anyone know what is happening with Kamil Grabara ? I thought he was a better prospect than Kelleher before he went on loan to Huddersfield but have heard nothing since the season ended.
He suffered a head injury (unconscious for a period of time) during a game. I have not heard anything afterwards related to injury recovery.

Edit: Found a more recent article that he was recovering/has recovered?

Last edited:

Redopium

@James_Carroll84

Neco Williams has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool Football Club.

The 19-year-old put pen to paper on the new deal at the Reds’ pre-season training base in Austria on Monday to commit his future to the champions.
He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It feels amazing. At the minute for me, I think there is no better place to learn and to become a better player than being here and working with the lads. I think we’ve got some of the best players in the world and we’re one of the best teams in the world.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin