Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. OllieRed

OllieRed OllieRed

Ojo and Arnold 2-0 mini darby.

redfanman likes this.
  2. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Is Ojo anywhere close to form and worthy of a spot on the 1st team bench ?

3. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Seems to have played striker role yesterday

redfanman likes this.
  4. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

i will leave this here... have fun ;-)

Scott Jones and inaiq like this.
  5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

His ability was never in doubt, but his application was said to be in-inspiring.. Considering he was very close to a break through prior to his injury he must be getting close again. I'm guessing he's dropped down the pecking order behind Woodburn and Wilson now. Ojo has the physicality which both do lack, so that would go in his favour.

6. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

7. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

He's played there a bit this season

8. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I think they are trying to add some cutting edge to his game. Kids who play out wide and are as talented as Ojo for this level someone get caught up in thinking that beating their guy is what counts. If you play him up front he has to think a bit more about the over all game and being productive in a team sense, and that's a mentality he can then take with him once he's moved back out wide and challenging for the first team.

redfanman and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  9. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd agree with that and when he's up front it doesn't matter as much that he's not helping out his full back. To be fair to Ojo he seems to have took Klopps comments on board and is working a lot harder of late

redfanman and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  10. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

Always felt that Ojo's lack of application has been exaggerated. He was lazy when he first came to the club as a young kid but I've seen him put in excellent shifts in various positions including the 8 role we saw Coutinho operate in at the weekend (not Coutinho are Ojo are similar as Ojo is more of a runner than a thinker).

Unpopular opinion maybe but I actually feel like Wilson does far less defensive work than Ojo - and has a lower ceiling

redfanman likes this.
  11. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Rather than Ojo being lazy I just think pressing doesn't come naturally to him but you can tell he's putting in a concerted effort to add this to his game.

redfanman likes this.
  12. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Hard work is not only an issue when we dont have the ball.

redfanman likes this.
  13. Mystryman01

Mystryman01 Active Member

14. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

We've rejected both Loan and Permenant moves for Wilson from Celtic. Sounds like he'll get more of a chance next season, great news, I think he's a fantastic player.

15. blaze

blaze Faith.

A fairly good list of the top 10 academy goals.

16. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

17. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

18. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

All I know is that this signing was done last year and he was said to be a highly skilled kid, an attacking midfielder, I think. Beside that, I really don't know anything else. He does look genuinely thrilled to be a Liverpool player, I know a lot of people from these parts, me included, who will be happy that Liverpool are signing the best young players from here. :-)

19. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Brewitt Tom
    Brimmer Jake
    Dunn Jack
    Gomes Aju Madger Antonio
    Lewis Kane
    Manninger Alexander
    Phillips Adam Lee

This is the list of released players. Gutted that Jack Dunn hasn't made it here, I loved the kid since the first day I saw him play but he just couldn't stay fit. I'm a bit surprised that Madger Gomes and Jake Brimmer have been released so quickly, I guess it had something to do with them failing to settle in a new country, I had high hopes for both, especially the former.

redfanman and TFC like this.
  20. costared

costared TIA Reserve Team

That list seems a bit short. Maybe because the restrictions we have on signing Academy players this season.

21. Sweeting

More players will be released than are on that list. The retained/released list is bizarrely not exhaustive.

22. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

“The boys did really well but they all have to improve,” Klopp said.

“They have to go from being really skilled kids to being players that you have to use. That’s the next step.

“Look at Rhian Brewster, everyone knows about his talent. It’s fantastic.

“Ben is a step ahead and someone like Trent is already another step ahead. It’s all cool and good for the future.”

Kopstar likes this.
  23. Sweeting

2 days late now but still worth mentioning that Madger Gomes has signed for Leeds United.

Broomy likes this.
  24. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Brewitt has gone too hasn't he?

Neither much of a surprise.

25. Sweeting

Yeah just checked and he has rocked up at Middlesbrough.

Wasn't long ago that players let go from our reserves were turning up at Accrington Stanley or Curzon Ashton - says quite a lot about the stock of the Academy in the FL now that Championship clubs are hovering around for our U23s castoffs.

norwegian wood and Nikola like this.
  26. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

I saw a film there once.

27. Andy Love

Andy Love New Member

I like this (now old) news, altough "rough atound the edges", Wilson looks very sharp and talented and would've like to see him even more already last season.

Have Patrik Raitanen made any appearenses in U18 yet? I understand he made move to Liverpool from finnish side Jazz already in spring, mut haven't caught any news on him since.

28. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Bar VVD, Keita and a left back I wouldn't be buying anyone else.. so many talented youth players that can take up those reserve spots in the 1st team squad.. why waste money on squad options.

Kent, Ojo, Wilson.. going to be interesting who goes on loan, but Kent and Ojo are certainly putting their names into the mix for staying. All three would be able deputies for Mane and Salah.

Woodburn jus oozes class, he will be a starter by 19.

TAA, not surprising he started ahead of Clyne, he also looked head and shoulders above his much older counter part. Clyne has a proper battle on his hands to stay as first choice. TAA is so so much better offensively, looks natural to be attacking whereas Clyne looks uneasy going past the halfway line.

Gomez is a lovely natural footballer, looks effortless at times.. Hopefully injuries aren't behind him but another one I'd love to stick round and become third or fourth choice.

Solanke.. boy this kid is good, like Klopp has litterally found his Lewandowski already, can see him playing a good amount of minutes this season.

Then add to the mix Grujic, Ejaria we have the core group of players who could all easily make it here. With Klopp they have the ideal man to bring them through. Exciting times.

29. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

30. Sweeting

Ryan Fulton to Hamilton, undisclosed fee.

Was a brilliant goalkeeper at youth level, it hasn't worked out for him yet at as a senior player, loan to Chesterfield last year was mixed at best.

If he can get it together as a senior player, and stay injury free, he has all the talent to come back to the Premier League some day.