Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

costared

TIA Reserve Team
U23s beat MTK Budapest II 5-2 yesterday.

Nat Phillips, Jordan Williams, Toni Gomes and Bobby Adekanye (2) with the goals.

Highlights are on youtube
Have a feeling the U23,s may not do quite as well this season but as 6 of the first team squad are in that age group I suppose it has already been a good season.

Sweeting

U18s drew 1-1 with Derby County today too. Liam Coyle scored with a header.

Atherton; Hunter, Lewis, R Williams, Glennon; Coyle, Sharif (Longstaff, 76), Tagseth; McAuley (Simmonds, 66), Jones, Millar. Unused substitutes: Lattie, Kelly, Brookwell.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
u23s playing in 5 minutes. Grujic, Ejaria, Kent, Woodburn, Ings all starting. Strong line up, expect Sunderland to put up a good fight though, they're always tricky at this level.

Jonesy

Pathological Bullshitter
Couldn't find this thread when searched. Glad it exists.

Looking forward to watching this mixed side. Most looking forward to watching Woodburn pull the strings.

Jonesy

Pathological Bullshitter
The pitch has some strange wavy patterns that make it look like there are humps every 10 yards.

Dalglish in attendance.

20ATHLONE

U18´s beat a strong Blackburn side 3-2 this morning. Really good game to watch. Stevie has the lads playing well. Little Norwegian guy, Edvard Tagseth a real midfield dynamo.
Yeah, that Edward Tagseth is some talent. Incredible eye for a pass, excellent interceptions, tacking and dribbling skills. He's only 16 I believe but was the star player in this match

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Yeah, that Edward Tagseth is some talent. Incredible eye for a pass, excellent interceptions, tacking and dribbling skills. He's only 16 I believe but was the star player in this match

Looks rather good, doesn't he?

Great touch, can pass the ball, turns in the blink of an eye. Pleasingly though he looks like he has some aggression to his game judging from this video. He doesn't appear to be one of these passive 'flair' players who look better than they really are, he was constantly trying to make things happen and putting himself about.

Will keep an eye out for him. Promising signs, would be great to have another top Scandi in our side.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Doesn't shy from aerial duels, always wants the ball, brave little fella. Nice, first time I see glimpses of him.

Strictly Armchair

u23s playing in 5 minutes. Grujic, Ejaria, Kent, Woodburn, Ings all starting. Strong line up, expect Sunderland to put up a good fight though, they're always tricky at this level.
I sat high up in the stand to get a better perspective on the action today. Sunderland at least offered some threat in the 2nd half and should certainly have gone a goal up. I attended the corresponding fixture last season and they were absolutely woeful on that occasion. We'd have got more of a game out of Darlington. Same result as last season although today we made much harder work of it.

The pitch has some strange wavy patterns that make it look like there are humps every 10 yards.
Dalglish in attendance.
It was certainly disconcerting on the eye while trying to follow the play that's for sure, made for quite an interesting optical illusion. Got some photos on my phone which would give a good idea but can't upload them direct to a post.

Jonesy

Pathological Bullshitter
I sat high up in the stand to get a better perspective on the action today. Sunderland at least offered some threat in the 2nd half and should certainly have gone a goal up. I attended the corresponding fixture last season and they were absolutely woeful on that occasion. We'd have got more of a game out of Darlington. Same result as last season although today we made much harder work of it.

It was certainly disconcerting on the eye while trying to follow the play that's for sure, made for quite an interesting optical illusion. Got some photos on my phone which would give a good idea but can't upload them direct to a post.
I was nauseous for the first 10 minutes. Nearly had to turn it off.

Limiescouse

Great touch, can pass the ball, turns in the blink of an eye. Pleasingly though he looks like he has some aggression to his game judging from this video. He doesn't appear to be one of these passive 'flair' players who look better than they really are, he was constantly trying to make things happen and putting himself about./QUOTE]
There are few things more aesthetically pleasing than someone receiving the ball on the half turn like that, especially when he then turns the other way like he did several time in that vid.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown

Great touch, can pass the ball, turns in the blink of an eye. Pleasingly though he looks like he has some aggression to his game judging from this video. He doesn't appear to be one of these passive 'flair' players who look better than they really are, he was constantly trying to make things happen and putting himself about.

Will keep an eye out for him. Promising signs, would be great to have another top Scandi in our side.
Looks solid. Gets stuck in. Left footed, favors it but not awkwardly so. Eye for a pass too. :well done:

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Tagseth looks and plays like Sammy Lee !! Good passing and vision, always available for a pass, quick thinker, but makes it look so easy. One to definitely watch.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Tagseth looks and plays like Sammy Lee !! Good passing and vision, always available for a pass, quick thinker, but makes it look so easy. One to definitely watch.
If he's half as good as Sammy Lee then we will have a cracking player on our hands

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Good luck to Sam. Personally I would have liked to see him get another year.Has been playing well and does not seem to have stopped improving.

Mystryman01

U-23 may have a few new names around, with Sam Hart, Jordan Williams, Toni Gomes, Ryan Kent all leaving on permanent/loan deals on deadline day