Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

blaze

Faith.
Our U23s have had a strange season so far. While we are on the top of the table with a lead of 5 points, we have lost points to clubs like Derby and Leicester winning against United, Spurs and Everton.

auzziez

I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them
Our U23s have had a strange season so far. While we are on the top of the table with a lead of 5 points, we have lost points to clubs like Derby and Leicester winning against United, Spurs and Everton.
Winning against big teams and points lost against the smaller ones. That's not strange. Prior to Klopp that was business as usual.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Often players from the u18's might be brought in for some games while we usually will play our strongest sides against the big clubs

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Under 18s had a nice win as well beating Middlesborough 5-1 away from home.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Under 18s have just beaten Sunderland 2-1.

Gerrard effusive in his praise of Adam Lewis. He's playing left back at the moment, his delivery into the box is consistently fantastic. I only watched the last 10 minutes and he put two or 3 cracking balls in in that time, as well as assisting the first goal.

I think him and Curtis Jones have a real chance of getting some first team appearances. Along with Trent, it'd be great to have a few locals in and around the side.

Nikola

Potless or spotless?
Admin
Gerrard seems to love Jones and Brewster, from his interviews I'm getting the feeling he likes Tagseth and Adekanye a lot as well, that he's particularly engaged with firing up the latter's career with some tough love acts. Speaking of young Scousers, I hope Coyle makes it. I hope his injury is not a serious one as I like him a lot. He's not outstanding in terms of pure technique but he seems to have a combination of excellent attitude, physical traits and football intelligence for a boy of his age. And he loves a good tackle. That said, I've just ended his prospects of making a successful, trophy-ladden career at Liverpool, haven't I...

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Under 18s have just beaten Sunderland 2-1.

Gerrard effusive in his praise of Adam Lewis. He's playing left back at the moment, his delivery into the box is consistently fantastic. I only watched the last 10 minutes and he put two or 3 cracking balls in in that time, as well as assisting the first goal.

I think him and Curtis Jones have a real chance of getting some first team appearances. Along with Trent, it'd be great to have a few locals in and around the side.
Am I right in thinking that the u18s are still unbeaten in the league ?

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Thanks for the update. I dont watch as many youth games as i used to but i always remember rating Wilson and Kent and in particular their link up play. Unfortunately, (as i like the look of both players) it doesnt look like either will make it here.

Redopium

Thanks for the update. I dont watch as many youth games as i used to but i always remember rating Wilson and Kent and in particular their link up play. Unfortunately, (as i like the look of both players) it doesnt look like either will make it here.
I watch most u23 games they are very good this season and top of the league all the season.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I think you posted a link earlier re the two leagues and both teams seem in healthy positions. Its just getting the players to make the step up/be given the chance.
What ever happend to lloyd Jones and williams?

Redopium

Anybody know if there is a recording of this available or at least highlights?
If you have lfctv they sometimes repeat games during week and show highlights of the u18 who beat Sunderland 2-1 yesterday.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
If you have lfctv they sometimes repeat games during week and show highlights of the u18 who beat Sunderland 2-1 yesterday.
Have checked the schedule. Does not appear anywhere. Seems this game was a top secret job behind closed doors for some reason.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Have checked the schedule. Does not appear anywhere. Seems this game was a top secret job behind closed doors for some reason.
It was on LFCtv i watched it,seems that once it's been replayed a couple of times they move on to the next live game,be it first team,U23's,U18's and the Ladies.I can't see it in the schedule either,unless the goals will be shown on The Academy show??

The next live game is the U23's against Sparta Prague at 6.30pm Tuesday evening,Stoke v LFC 12am wed night/thur morning and then the U18's v Man City 12.30am friday morning,but thats the 15min shortcut highlight programe,i don't think that game is being shown live for some reason??

I was going to try and post vids of the goals from the website (not used it in a long time) but i just found out that even though i pay for LFCtv every month,i have to pay another £5 to watch the online content,BAH!!!!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
It was on LFCtv i watched it,seems that once it's been replayed a couple of times they move on to the next live game,be it first team,U23's,U18's and the Ladies.I can't see it in the schedule either,unless the goals will be shown on The Academy show??

The next live game is the U23's against Sparta Prague at 6.30pm Tuesday evening,Stoke v LFC 12am wed night/thur morning and then the U18's v Man City 12.30am friday morning,but thats the 15min shortcut highlight programe,i don't think that game is being shown live for some reason??

I was going to try and post vids of the goals from the website (not used it in a long time) but i just found out that even though i pay for LFCtv every month,i have to pay another £5 to watch the online content,BAH!!!!
I only pay a fiver and get all the LFCtv . Don´t know what else you get for your other fiver. I am overseas, don´t know if that makes any difference
How I missed the U23 game v Chelsea I do not know but it should come up on LFCtvGO videos.
( just checked, Wilsons goals are on there now.)

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
I only pay a fiver and get all the LFCtv . Don´t know what else you get for your other fiver. I am overseas, don´t know if that makes any difference
How I missed the U23 game v Chelsea I do not know but it should come up on LFCtvGO videos.
( just checked, Wilsons goals are on there now.)
Yeah the goals are on the website,thats how i found out i needed to pay an extra £4.99 for the online content because i couldn't watch them,when i already pay £7.99 a month for the tv channel.So you get LFCtv channel and LFCtvGO for £5 a month? what country are you in mate?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Yeah the goals are on the website,thats how i found out i needed to pay an extra £4.99 for the online content because i couldn't watch them,when i already pay £7.99 a month for the tv channel.So you get LFCtv channel and LFCtvGO for £5 a month? what country are you in mate?
Spain., but I would not have thought that would make any difference. I think I would try to contact "support" and ask the question.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Spain., but I would not have thought that would make any difference. I think I would try to contact "support" and ask the question.
I checked FAQ on the site and they say "Please note that subscription to the club's video on-demand service LFCTV GO is separate to subscribing to LFCTV with Sky or Virgin" so unfortunately there are 2 fee's of £7 and £4.99 to get both.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Anybody else getting a problem with LFCtv tonight? I have no sound and picture a bit dodgy. Videos have sound and good pic.
Tablet has good pic but again no sound. Don,t really mind to much about the sound. I like to trust my own eyes but sound helps the atmosphere.

Picture excellent now but still no sound.

Last edited:

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Tough game Opposition look more experienced and physically strong but our lads are playing some excellent football. Ejaria and Adekanye are so skilful. Wilson has struggled a bit. Up against a good full back and getting frustrated with the physical stuff. Missed a pen which, considering the way things were going for him , he probably should not have taken. Ward has looked sound when needed.

Redopium

Tough game Opposition look more experienced and physically strong but our lads are playing some excellent football. Ejaria and Adekanye are so skilful. Wilson has struggled a bit. Up against a good full back and getting frustrated with the physical stuff. Missed a pen which, considering the way things were going for him , he probably should not have taken. Ward has looked sound when needed.
They hit post also.