Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sigurvegari

TIA New Signing
I think Corey Whelan and Matty Virtue are no longer in the club. There is info from transfermarkt that their contracts run out in 2018 and they are no longer on official web site in the u23 and academy section.

Mystryman01

I think Corey Whelan and Matty Virtue are no longer in the club. There is info from transfermarkt that their contracts run out in 2018 and they are no longer on official web site in the u23 and academy section.
They were both on loan to Yeovil and Nott's County respectively, not sure if that hasn't got anything to do with it

Sigurvegari

TIA New Signing
Yeah, i know. They were in loan section with Andy Firth. He is back in squad section - they are gone. So 2+2=4

Sweeting

Could be the case although I wouldn't take transfermarkt very seriously when it comes to contracts and the official website is pretty terrible at keeping up to date with the youth players.

Whelan signed a new deal in December so unless he has been terminated then he will still be here.

Edit: Just had a look on the official site and both Whelan and Virtue are listed - maybe you just happened to go on the page when the profiles were down to be moved out of the loan section.

Sweeting

Former trialist Renato Tapia, now with Feyenoord, is going to the World Cup with Peru. Tim Vickery has singled him out as a player who could be angling for a move to a big club.

Sweeting

Toni Gomes signing for Arouca in Portugal apparently. Was released by us this summer.

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
Sky Sports are claiming that Ejaria has signed a new contract with Liverpool prior to his loan move to Rangers. Good news if true, both him and Wilson were said to be stalling on signing back in January but it seems that both have backed down.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Michael Beale has left the club to join Stevie up at Rangers as first team coach.

Sweeting

Ejaria to Rangers is official.

Gerrard has taken half of the Academy staff with him and given them first team positions. I kind of like the idea that we can let these guys move on to other roles, do something different, and come back to LFC more rounded coaches (like Beale has done and looks like he will continue to do).

In a way we are loaning our younger staff to Rangers.

Sweeting

Toni Gomes, Paulo Alves, Mich'el Parker, Jordan Williams, Anthony Glennon, Jordan Hunter and Harvey Whyte will also depart, while Yan Dhanda has agreed a free transfer to Swansea City.

The only surprise there is Anthony Glennon, who I thought looked a really tidy prospect.

Sweeting

Firth was being linked with a perm move to Chester after having a good loan move there last season.

Serdar Ekrem İleri

Gerrard Generation
What do you people think about this Harry Wilson kid ? I tend to think that he has some potential but his last touches need some working on.Firmino could help him in that department.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
What do you people think about this Harry Wilson kid ? I tend to think that he has some potential but his last touches need some working on.Firmino could help him in that department.
He scored for fun at the U23 level, scored 1 in 2 playing last season at Hull as a winger. Not sure the last touches are the problem. He lacks size and a bit of speed I think, and we haven't seen if he has the tools to overcome the shortcomings for Liverpool yet. This preseason should be big for him, a bit of a make or break year for him. His goal scoring record for youth sides have been fantastic though.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I think the opposite, really. His end product is solid, I'd wonder about the rest of his game. Can he stretch defences by running in behind? Can he match the intensity of our team? Can he do the defensive work required? I'm not sure whether he would be too easy for defenders to out muscle/pace him or whether his natural intelligence overcomes that problem.

I think he's made an excellent case for getting a fair crack, his goalscoring at u23 level and for Hull was exceptional. Just need to be mindful of the fact this can't always be replicated at a higher level.

Mystryman01

He scored for fun at the U23 level, scored 1 in 2 playing last season at Hull as a winger. Not sure the last touches are the problem. He lacks size and a bit of speed I think, and we haven't seen if he has the tools to overcome the shortcomings for Liverpool yet. This preseason should be big for him, a bit of a make or break year for him. His goal scoring record for youth sides have been fantastic though.
Should get the chance at the start of preseason, Mane and Salah at the world cup, so should be seeing some action in most of the games until they get back, can't see who else gonna play on the wing

Limiescouse

Wasn't he a fairly orthodox striker for the youth teams? If so, this change or role for him in the last 12 months could really help him, especially the way Klopp has Mane and Salah playing those roles.

OhYaBeauty

Wasn't he a fairly orthodox striker for the youth teams? If so, this change or role for him in the last 12 months could really help him, especially the way Klopp has Mane and Salah playing those roles.
I haven't been paying as much attention to the youth teams as I used to but I do know he's played as a central striker in some of the youth team games both early this past season and late the season before. He's still clearly a winger first and foremost but I do think with his relative lack of physical gifts (he's still plenty fast, just no Salah/Mane) he could either function as a striker or a number ten if that's what it takes to step up a level.

My opinion is that he's shown everything he can possibly show to be worthy of a chance at first team level, between his absurd goalscoring record for the U23s and his spell at Hull. I really think he deserves it, and he seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders to boot.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Wilson? Not really, he's played the majority of his youth team games on the right wing.

Even going back to the u18 days it was always him and Kent on the wings with somebody else through the middle.

pascal

Hello I'm new here. I have a Liverpool soccer ball signed by 20 people (mostly players I guess) but I would need help to identify the signatures. How could I post a message with pictures (and in which section) to get your support ? Because I have just joined this website, I'm not able to post any new subject. thanks in advance

Sweeting

Isaac Christie-Davies in from Chelsea officially now.

Sigurvegari

TIA New Signing
After being in released list for the second time Andy Firth again signed a new contract with Liverpool.
His instagram
22 in September, so he has to be registered as homegrown. With Ward, Grabara, Kelleher and even George all being trained with first team at some point i simply don't understand why the club resigns him for the 2nd time. Very bad looking business, like him being someones nephew...

Sweeting

After being in released list for the second time Andy Firth again signed a new contract with Liverpool.
His instagram
22 in September, so he has to be registered as homegrown. With Ward, Grabara, Kelleher and even George all being trained with first team at some point i simply don't understand why the club resigns him for the 2nd time. Very bad looking business, like him being someones nephew...
He will be on a very minimal contract. My guess is that there is a loan/sale plan for him and the club can retain his rights for a pittance. He was a star player for Chester last season in the Conference North so Football League clubs probably took notice.

Sigurvegari

TIA New Signing
He was a star player in 5th tier division team. In a club that was relegated. After conceding 79 goals (2nd worst).
And we resign him again (?) hoping for another (pointless) loan or (best case scenario) sale plan? Very suspicious for me, sorry.