• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Nat Phillips has done well, considering his story and how he ended up here. Although it's hard to judge any defender in these kind of games where there's basically no (real) defending. But on the ball he's been decent so far.
Did well against Dortmund for 1st team.

jackh1092

Taiwo Awoniyi signs on loan for Genk.

Needs work permit, anyone seen this fella? any use?

Sigurvegari

TIA New Signing
Shamal George has signed an extension to his Liverpool FC contract and agreed to join Tranmere Rovers on a short-term loan.

Another one. Waiting for transfer in January?

What is the general idea at youth level? It has to be 3 GK in each age group?
U23: Grabara, Kelleher, George
U18: Jaros, Atherton, Williams

But simply considering game practice - isn’t it more than enough to have 2 per group?

Last edited:

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Fixture list has been released for the U23s.

First home game is Spurs at Anfield on 17th August. Tickets just £3 for adults and £1 for kids.

Looks like plenty of fixtures scheduled for Kirkby this year - instead of Chester. Kirkby games are free to go to.
Thanks for this information. I am planning to go watch a few games this season if the Kick off times are reasonable

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Good to see former Academy stars Ovie Ejaria and Ryan Kent playing prominent roles in Rangers Europa league away win last night.

Cillian

Great article on Caoimhin Kelleher , but your spelling is not right, it should be Caoimhín with an accent over the Last i (called a fada) without instead of the name being kwee veen it become kwee vin.

Just a thought from pendants corner (after some wine while cooking dinner )

Cillian

Great article on Caoimhin Kelleher , but your spelling is not right, it should be Caoimhín with an accent over the Last i (called a fada) without instead of the name being kwee veen it become kwee vin.

Oops it becomes

Kopstar

★★★★★★

Love the fact you misspell pedants (and leave off an apostrophe).

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Of course. Exactly what I was about to say. :eh?:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

I'm not 100% sure but doesn't the name Kevin actual come from the anglicised version of Caoimhín

Sweeting

U23s lost 2-1 to Rapid Vienna U23s. Glen McAuley scoring for us.

U18s beat 2-0 Rapid Vienna U18s with goals by CB Remi Savage and "A. Trialist".

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Liverpool U18s first home game of the season is at the Academy on 18th August. 11am kick off. Free entry to all.
Thanks Sweeting. As previously mentioned i would love to start watching more youth football as its something that iv always been intrigued by.
If i remember rightly, you mentioned they have changed/altered the home venue?

vjcpatriot

No Welcome to Liverpool thread for 17 year old striker Bobby Duncan? Gerrard's cousin. We just signed him for £200k from Manchester City. I imagine will compete directly with Brewster in the line of succession at the ST position.

Sweeting

Thanks Sweeting. As previously mentioned i would love to start watching more youth football as its something that iv always been intrigued by.
If i remember rightly, you mentioned they have changed/altered the home venue?
Last year they played a lot of the U23 games at Chester.

It looks like they've moved back to the Academy for the majority of games (but this may change).

Sweeting

U23s drew 2-2 with PSG. George Johnston and Matty Virtue with the goals.

Guardian

Banned Users
No Welcome to Liverpool thread for 17 year old striker Bobby Duncan? Gerrard's cousin. We just signed him for £200k from Manchester City. I imagine will compete directly with Brewster in the line of succession at the ST position.
It didn't really warrant a separate thread. Duncan was "always" coming to Liverpool apparently. Based on his performances for England in the u17 Euro Finals last season, his prospects don't look good. (I am aware he didn't play a single game all season for Man City).

Guardian

Banned Users
It's good to see a few Liverpool fans are starting to grasp what they have in the coming Jones star. I'm sure the penny will drop with more very soon.