Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Enter academy kids, I guess. I think that Jones and Camacho have truly staked a claim for promotion to first team squad over the next calendar year or two. We'll see what their best roles might be but Camacho, in my opinion, should be Clyne's long term replacement if he continues to develop like this (I haven't seen him play at right fullback until this pre-season and I thought he showed wonderful understanding of the way Klopp wants his fullbacks to play - that said, he's as versatile as a young footballer can be)
We'll see where Camacho ends up, he's obviously a pretty versatile young player still developing. We'll also see where is the best chance to give him some game time if he earns it overall (on a good way so far). Trent is also developing there, we'll see how that goes too. Camacho used so far anywhere on the right side in different formations, in central midfield (I think that's fundamentally where he started or he's still viewed as, an advanced central midfielder with energy... make a better Gini out of him!) or across the forward line (all 3 positions) for various Portugal's youth sides (though yeah his future or the best chance to make it here probably lies somewhere deeper on the pitch, we'll see if it's at attacking full back or box-to-box midfielder).

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
We'll see where Camacho ends up, he's obviously a pretty versatile young player still developing. We'll also see where is the best chance to give him some game time if he earns it overall (on a good way so far). Trent is also developing there, we'll see how that goes too. Camacho used so far anywhere on the right side in different formations, in central midfield (I think that's fundamentally where he started or he's still viewed as, an advanced central midfielder with energy... make a better Gini out of him!) or across the forward line (all 3 positions) for various Portugal's youth sides (though yeah his future or the best chance to make it here probably lies somewhere deeper on the pitch, we'll see if it's at attacking full back or box-to-box midfielder).
My long term view is Trent moves central, which free's up the right back slot for Camacho.. We basically play with quasi-wingers for fullbacks for the most part anyway.

Trent is the long awaited heir-apparent for another local lad..

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
For now, I don't see it happening (Trent moving to midfield in the near future). It's possible of course (as that's where he had a taste under Pep in youth teams), but looking at Trent's current strength in delivery (already our best crosser of the ball) and weakness in maybe certain technical elements/ball manipulation (+ other stuff that needs to be learned to play in central midfield for a side that ultimately needs to compete and win)... I think we are both totally fine with him currently at RB. Both still young players and still developing, looks promising, but we'll get nothing from big announcements "he'll be this or that for the next decade" or so. They have to actually do it.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
For now, I don't see it happening (Trent moving to midfield in the near future). It's possible of course (as that's where he had a taste under Pep in youth teams), but looking at Trent's current strength in delivery (already our best crosser of the ball) and weakness in maybe certain technical elements/ball manipulation (+ other stuff that needs to be learned to play in central midfield for a side that ultimately needs to compete and win)... I think we are both totally fine with him currently at RB. Both still young players and still developing, looks promising, but we'll get nothing from big announcements "he'll be this or that for the next decade" or so. They have to actually do it.
You can air on the side of caution my good man..

I'll bet £25 to any charity of your choice he is a Liverpool captain and England regular within 5 years.

He is that fucking good.

geebo

Billy (liddellpool) Liddell aged 20
You can air on the side of caution my good man..

I'll bet £25 to any charity of your choice he is a Liverpool captain and England regular within 5 years.

He is that fucking good.
when he goes forward and whips those crosses in, or makes a run at the defence and shoots, And his good defending against top teams last season- then I can see a bit of Phil Neal in him (possibly the highest praise Geebo can give a (right back) player !)

I'll be curious to see how Niall Brookwell does this season for the u18s after showing promise last year. Not that I'm claiming he is a new star like Jones, but I can see him breaking into the England u17 squad before too long (and he can take it from there).

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I find in general that Jones's are pretty much underrated,very shy people.

they are fast as well,

i got caught out once trying to keep up with them until i realised it was a futile attempt to fill a void in my life with material gains that has since been replaced by love and spirituality.....ahem...

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Wijnaldum is an interesting comparison, I can see why you would "direct" him there. I'm only looking at the lack of real quality options when it comes to fullbacks (just a matter of time before we start seeing inflated prices for them, too, I'd say) and Camacho has shown a lot of things that I really like to see in fullbacks like quality overlapping runs and quick passing interchanges with teammates to get the ball out of trouble or to create extra space near the byline. Of course, it's early days, like you say, he might end up at probably any outfield role except centre back! :-)

In other news, Brewster got a "low" squad number, it seems that Klopp will remain true to his word about giving him playing time when he gets back to full fitness.

Sweeting

Official site just updated.

B. Williams
Larouci Clayton R. Williams Walls
Ritaccio Tagseth Sharif
Cain Duncan Glatzel

Dixon-Bonnar, Clarkson, Longstaff used subs.

Glatzel x2, Duncan, R. Williams, Sharif, Walls with the goals.

Sweeting

Watching him for England u17s in the Euro Finals I wouldn't expect much at all from him (and yes I am aware he didn't play a single game for Man City last season).
Whilst I agree that people shouldn't be getting over excited about him (or anyone) at U18 level, I am a bit curious as to why you seem overtly negative everytime his name is brought up. You've made essentially this same post twice in the last week.

Duncan's scoring record for city youth teams was phenomenal if he can do the same for us no reason he can't follow a similar path to Brewster

Whilst I agree that people shouldn't be getting over excited about him (or anyone) at U18 level, I am a bit curious as to why you seem overtly negative everytime his name is brought up. You've made essentially this same post twice in the last week.
I wasn't sure if I had mentioned him - and his disappointing show - and it evidently needed repeating anyway. Just in case the message hadn't got through.

I disagree about your comment about being "excited" about u18 players. Future England star Curtis Jones for one. People SHOULD be excited about him. I confidently predicted he would be a star when he was still at school. As I did with Jadon sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi BEFORE the u17 Euros.

Sweeting

I disagree about your comment about being "excited" about u18 players. Future England star Curtis Jones for one. People SHOULD be excited about him. I confidently predicted he would be a star when he was still at school. As I did with Jadon sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi BEFORE the u17 Euros.
Well the reason people are excited about them is because of what they have done at first team level, not U18 level.

Way too early to be writing Duncan off or predicting Jones will be a future England star. Both are clearly very good prospects but a very long way to go.

I am very excited that in Solanke, Brewster and Duncan we have 3 of the best young English towards in their respective age groups but it's still super early days for all 3.

Also great we have Jones, Lewis and Duncan who can hopefully follow TAA's lead and get a few more local lads into the first team. Realistically though very few young players end up breaking through at any top club but am hopeful a few of the kids mentioned can beat the odds and make it here.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
I wasn't sure if I had mentioned him - and his disappointing show - and it evidently needed repeating anyway. Just in case the message hadn't got through.

You didn't answer the question.